Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

crossfire is a great car

Old 04-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crossfire is a great car

i have owned my 06 crossfire for about 6 months now and i am impressed at what a solid car this is.. i have had many convertibles and as far as convertibles go this is one of the good ones... it could well be a collectable for all of us - i just wish they would stop throwing them on out on the market with such heavy discounts - now 08s. when i bought the car crysler told me that 06 would be the last year sold... they did not tell me they would try to peddle the o6 as o7 now 08s. it is a great car.. it is hard to believe they could not sale these to the american public.
Dave

Last edited by davide; 04-24-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: crossfire is a great car

They didn't know and still dont, how to market and service a great car. In a way that is good as if these little gems did sell at list I never would have been able to get my SRT.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:18 AM

That's a good point - After owning ours for some months, I became more intrigued on why this car wasn't more known and popular. I know people that come to our house and see the car in the garage generally say "Wow, I've not seen many of those - Looks nice!" I've dealt with tons of different cars over the past 3 decades, and the Crossfire (especially the Roadster) is the only one that really surprises me in how much car you are buying for so little money.

Mike

Old 04-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

It is also amazing how many people have never seen or heard of them Did they ever actually feature them in any commercials, magazine pages ??? ?

Old 04-15-2008, 01:38 PM

maybe you could look on e bay for print ads or promotional items..and u tube for any ads that might have run. don't think there was much... it seems as if they really did not understand what they had in the crossfire...

Old 04-15-2008, 07:01 PM

Remember, they had Celine Dion doing some ads.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:54 PM

A big problem with the car was the fact that it had some serious competition at it's price point. For a similar price, you could have a TT, 350 Z (with lots more power), or an S2000. Most people would rather choose a luxo brand like Audi, or they wanted the power and history of the Z car, or the refinement and good reputation of Honda. For the unknowing general public, all the car had going for it was it's looks. Most people didn't know it was a Mercedes, it was underpowered, and it's main problem, it wore a Chrysler badge. See, many Americans mainly care about what other people think and what brand they are seen with.

I knew better, I knew I wanted an SRT6, but I too wasn't about to spend 47 grand on one, so I waited.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Why would anyone want an Audi?

Old 04-18-2008, 02:45 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cgocifer
A big problem with the car was the fact that it had some serious competition at it's price point. For a similar price, you could have a TT, 350 Z (with lots more power), or an S2000. Most people would rather choose a luxo brand like Audi, or they wanted the power and history of the Z car, or the refinement and good reputation of Honda. For the unknowing general public, all the car had going for it was it's looks. Most people didn't know it was a Mercedes, it was underpowered, and it's main problem, it wore a Chrysler badge. See, many Americans mainly care about what other people think and what brand they are seen with.

I knew better, I knew I wanted an SRT6, but I too wasn't about to spend 47 grand on one, so I waited.
Branding is everything! Why would someone pay $69.00 for a knit short sleeve shirt from Polo Ralph Lauren with a pony on it when you can get the same or better for $19.95 elsewhere? I'm convinced that if our Crossfires had been marketed by Porsche they would have sold twice as many for 50% more.

I can't explain it but I have quite a few of those "pony" shirts in my closet.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:47 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Goldwing
Why would anyone want an Audi?

Didn't I see somewhere that the Crossfire outsold the Audi TT every year that the Crossfire was available?

Old 04-18-2008, 03:49 AM
Forum Regular
Cool Re: crossfire is a great car

Originally Posted by Kurts
Remember, they had Celine Dion doing some ads.
I'm happy she's doing car ads cause I cant bear to hear her on the Radio. It makes me want to poke my eye out wth a fork.

I'd have to agree, the car was never marketed properly ....

I've had my car out with the top down on and off for a couple of weeks now,. I am impressed with how torsionally stiff the frame is. I've driven other convertibles and this Crossfire is truly impressive.

I'm having a blast with the RWD. The last car I drove with RWD was my 79 L82 Vette.

I must admit though, it's nice driving one of 3 roadsters in Kelowna.