Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Part number odyssey

Old 07-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part number odyssey

Alright, this is a long story I will make as short as possible: I was in an accident, the other driver was at fault. The car is at a Chrysler dealer. Everything has been fixed, including some roof work. Apparently, as part of the work, they pulled out the "lining" off of the back of the trunk. This is the portion of the trunk that the movable roof-partition velcros to when the top is up and the trunk is in "transport-groceries" mode. They did not put this lining back, and the trunk looks (and is) unfinished, with the wires to whatever is back there sticking out and everything. They cannot find the part number of this piece or find a record of it anywhere so they can't order it. They don't have any Crossfires on their lot so they can't pull any apart and look for it. They are unsure it even exists, despite the presence of one half of a velcro connection and multiple empty threaded holes where it attaches to the bottom of the trunk. I have no idea what the heck they did with the original piece, which was in fine condition.

So, I'm asking a favor of fellow roadster owners: would you mind taking and posting some pictures of your trunk, specifically this piece? The best shot will probably be of the trunk with the partion folded halfway down, so you can see back there. Usually the partition is in the way. This has been a month-long back-and-forth with the dealer, and I would greatly appreciate your pictures/proof. Thanks in advance everyone.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Part number odyssey

Go to my gallery and check under folder roadster partition. I grabbed a few pics for you. Let me know if you need another view and I will try.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by crossfirefun
Go to my gallery and check under folder roadster partition. I grabbed a few pics for you. Let me know if you need another view and I will try.
Thanks a ton, these are great. Unfortunately, it looks like I might be wrong, or crazy. It looks like the very back of your trunk is not "finished", as you can see the hole/insulation with the wires visible. I swear that was not visible on my car before the accident. And the holes at the edge of the lining are visible in your car as well....with nothing in them. I was under the impression that another piece of lining was attached at those points. If it's not too much trouble, could you get a picture of the back of the trunk with the parition laying flat along the bottom? I'd like to see how high the lining goes up in the back.

I really appreciate you talking the time to do all this. Thanks again.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I was surprised to see the unfinished portions of the roadster trunk when the protective panel was up and out of the way. I guess the car is intended to be driven with the top down and no room in the boot for luggage.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:08 PM

Here it is down all the way. Pic was taken on trunk floor looking up with partition down and stowed.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:46 AM

See now.....mine looks just like CrossFireFUN photo....I just checked. I have that gray liner (for a lack of better words) as the photo shown.

Last edited by gfalcone; 07-17-2008 at 06:48 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:00 AM

Thanks a lot guys. I guess I'll just get my car back as is. I know that my car originally had that lining, as I noticed it missing as soon as I saw the trunk when I got my car back. It was different. I guess my car was different than normal. It's an 2005 roadster, maybe the lining was discontinued. Oh well. Thanks again for taking the trouble to help me out.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:54 AM

you suppose it was "after market" matting ?

Old 07-18-2008, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by gfalcone
you suppose it was "after market" matting ?
I didn't think so, it looked exactly like the rest of the trunk. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy and I imagined the whole thing. I'm picking my car back up tonight. They're "installing" a piece of velcro to the back so the partition stays open when it's folded back. At least I'll get my car back. The accident was January 18, 2008.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:59 PM

If there is another mat that goes there I want one too. Anyone else with a roadster want to check and let us know?

Old 07-18-2008, 06:51 PM

OK, maybe this is too obvious, or you're talking about something else entirely, but the panel that's already there flips up against the front side of the trunk (cabin-side) to cover all that s exposed in the above pic. It's actually a third "flip" of the panel. Could it be the panel in that position that you are remembering?

Old 07-21-2008, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by borehogg
OK, maybe this is too obvious, or you're talking about something else entirely, but the panel that's already there flips up against the front side of the trunk (cabin-side) to cover all that s exposed in the above pic. It's actually a third "flip" of the panel. Could it be the panel in that position that you are remembering?
No, that's not what I'm remembering. But yes, that is true and it's why the part I'm remembering isn't a big deal. I just wanted it back due to the principle of the thing. It was there when I gave it to them, I wanted it there when I got the car back. Oh well. It's not a big deal, I'll live with it.