Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

One month and two days

Old 07-29-2008, 08:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One month and two days

I'm still loving life in the Roadster !! Just over a month now. I've managed to put almost 2000 miles on it. ( dang !! ). I can't stop driving it ! Bought my next "installment" on the oil change ( 9 qts of Mobile 1 0-40w and K&M oil filter). I think I'm putting better mileage on the UP / DOWN button on the convertable top button then anything else. Weather been really nice here in North Alabama for the top down rides.

SWEET Machine !!!....

Old 07-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Default Re: One month and two days

Originally Posted by gfalcone
I'm still loving life in the Roadster !! Just over a month now. I've managed to put almost 2000 miles on it. ( dang !! ). I can't stop driving it ! Bought my next "installment" on the oil change ( 9 qts of Mobile 1 0-40w and K&M oil filter). I think I'm putting better mileage on the UP / DOWN button on the convertable top button then anything else. Weather been really nice here in North Alabama for the top down rides.

SWEET Machine !!!....
I thought maybe you thought you were pregnant when I looked at the topic. Glad you are enjoying your ride.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:06 PM

You recon I better check ?????????????????*

Old 07-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Talking Re: One month and two days

I traded my 06 ultra classic to get my 05 crossfire. Man did they get took! I have rode bikes all my life and this is my first ragtop, needless to say I will not be going back. This car is a blast to drive! Hope to read everyone's post to find out more about these cars. One question is where do you buy accessories for it?

Old 07-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 507 Likes on 349 Posts

Welcome to the forum 1 Kool Kar
Traded a Harley for a Crossfire ??
I think thats a first here.

Enjoy the roadster !!!

Old 07-30-2008, 06:16 AM

I take it by your title that you ride a Valkyrie. I had a Goldwing and traded it for a Valk. Great bike! I still don't understand why they quit making it. Anyway sold the Valk for the same price I bought it and thought I wanted a Harley. The "yeah" I ride a Harley was cool but the bike it self has a lot of boring to it. This little car is fun! Got one with the 6 speed. The wife keeps saying that she would drive it everyday if it was a automatic. Good thing for me it's not. This is our new toy and we just drive it to decompress after a long day of work. I'm glad I found the forum and hope to read up about the xfire. Just had the oil changed, how do they get 8.5 quarts of oil in such a little car?!!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:38 AM

I still love putting the top down but i'm not putting the miles on like you did. I'v put 3500 in the last year and a half. I don't leave hime without checking doppler radar and is seldom used in the winter. It just don't leave him when there are alot of clouds. I also ride a harley and my wife a kawaski mean streak so that takes some of the sunshine days as well.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

well, my wife quit riding with me, so instead of buying an Ultra Classic, we started looking for two seaters...ended up with the XF. It was a great choice for us...but, I still have the old Fatboy for my days of getting away with the guys...welcome aboard...

Old 07-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 507 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 Kool Kar
I take it by your title that you ride a Valkyrie.
I had a Goldwing and traded it for a Valk.
Great bike! I still don't understand why they quit making it.
Ya your right.
Got it new in 2001 and have 24000 miles on it now.
More pics in my gallery

Last edited by Valk; 08-02-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:08 AM

Pretty much the same story, 11 years on an Electra Glide sport traded with 89k miles, Got a 02 softail standard for 2 years, sold with 16k miles. Went to BMW foy 4 years 54k miles, traded for ragtop. Wife had not been on the bike since 95, loves the crossfire. I think she thought that spending $$$ on toys would be different with a car rather than a bike, she will be surprised!

Old 07-31-2008, 06:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations and welcome to our forum Kool Kar!

What kind of oil did you use for the oil change?

Old 07-31-2008, 09:42 AM

I went with the Mobile 1 0-W30 I would have never thought that it would take 8.5 quarts!
Great looking Valk! I also had an Interstate it was Green and Silver. Man did it have more power than
the Harley!!.

Last edited by 1 Kool Kar; 07-31-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:18 AM

I traded my 06 ultra classic to get my 05 crossfire. Man did they get took! I have rode bikes all my life and this is my first ragtop, needless to say I will not be going back. This car is a blast to drive! Hope to read everyone's post to find out more about these cars. One question is where do you buy accessories for it?

i guess that's up to you !! what you looking to do ? I first idea was to get the basic stuff... how to care for the rag top.... how to care for the paint job... were you want to go with it....got loads of place to point ...but give me some direction !!!

Gotta love this car..way to fun to drive....

Old 08-01-2008, 10:21 AM

I take it by your title that you ride a Valkyrie. I had a Goldwing and traded it for a Valk. Great bike! I still don't understand why they quit making it. Anyway sold the Valk for the same price I bought it and thought I wanted a Harley. The "yeah" I ride a Harley was cool but the bike it self has a lot of boring to it. This little car is fun! Got one with the 6 speed. The wife keeps saying that she would drive it everyday if it was a automatic. Good thing for me it's not. This is our new toy and we just drive it to decompress after a long day of work. I'm glad I found the forum and hope to read up about the xfire. Just had the oil changed, how do they get 8.5 quarts of oil in such a little car?!!
now that's funny...wondered the same thing...I'm coming up on mine...first time....open the hood and look down and say " where"....8.5 qtrs ???????

Old 08-01-2008, 03:32 PM

Basic Stuff at first, I guess. Just some trinkets to make it mine. Like I said coming off of a Harley I had found a lot of places for accessories. I did like the windscreen that was etched and glowed at night. I don't know about changing out the grill. I did change the airfilters out thanks to the forum it was a breeze.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:01 AM
Smile Re: One month and two days

Basic Stuff at first, I guess. Just some trinkets to make it mine. Like I said coming off of a Harley I had found a lot of places for accessories. I did like the windscreen that was etched and glowed at night. I don't know about changing out the grill. I did change the airfilters out thanks to the forum it was a breeze.
\

First thing I got was a wind screen. Goes btwn the two seats. It's heavy duty plastic and I got a bit fancy... engraved with Crossfire Roadster..some LED lights to light it up at night... My wife calls it my car "bling bling"..ROTF. That was for me.

Next thing I did was order me some "RAGGTOPP". Forms remark about it over and over how well it works. Got the cleaner and the conditioner (you can get in a kit).

Next thing I did was "clay bar" (don't know if you ever heard of it). "Mothers" sells a kit. Took the clay and worked the paint over and over and I was super shocked on how smooth the paint finished ended up.

Finially, use that new stuff out from turtle wax....ICE (not the paste) and man oh man oh man what a finish I got out of that stuff!! (allot of treads here speak highly of the ICE).

My next move (money wise) is some chrome ! They sell the loovers for the front side quarter panels... then maybe some chome side view mirors .... IF THE WIFE WILL LET ME SPEND MORE MONEY !!!

Only had mine about 5 wks now.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:07 AM

Here's some web site to bookmark

http://homepage.mac.com/gregmeach/XFire/

http://www.buellwinkle.com/r170/

you can find some "stuff" on Ebay too just for the Crossfire under auto's. Narrow down the search to the years and model of the crossfire...and you'll find somethings there too