Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Name calling with top down

Old 01-21-2009, 07:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Name calling with top down

Too funny Kim, you're probably right! I don't know, maybe the Crossfire is gay. After all, they seem to want to get together anytime they can, the call goes out and man, they come as quck as they can from all over the country for a get together, just to be with their own. You don't see that with Lexus or Acura do you? Hmmmm. LOL!

The Cross is a real head turner, one of those cars that even little boys will stop and look and point, and that means they think it's cool, much like I did when I saw a brand new '63 Vette when I was 7.

The name calling from an adult however can only be jealousy, because if you really thought it was "less than", then it wouldn't even even be worth your breath to denigrate it. It's only worth your while if you need to take some of the power it has over you away. Balancing out if you will-envy for derision-makes one feel better. He was really giving you a heckuva compliment when you think about it. Mark

Old 01-21-2009, 07:33 AM
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts

I was a a track with my srt and the anouncer, anounced "we have a crossfire here, isn't that a grily car,, then i ran in the mid 12's and he anounced that's no grily car he just beat a mustang gt 500 " when i returned to the pits my wife told me what he had said also now i had like 20 people around the car asking all kinds of questions,

Old 01-21-2009, 07:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not gay. Evil

Attached Images
File Type: bmp
crossfire.bmp (1.03 MB, 84 views)

Last edited by daun; 01-21-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:02 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by daun
Not gay. Evil
That is such an awesome picture. Evil indeed!

Old 01-21-2009, 08:17 AM

Another photo.

Attached Images
1000.bmp (1.04 MB, 103 views)
Old 01-21-2009, 08:20 AM

wow, that's a beauty of a car! Where did you get those wheels? It also looks like the tires are a bit oversized too, so are the wheels bigger to support them if so.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:23 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Another photo.
Post a few more so Valk can put you in the featured member thread because you've got one sweet looking Crossfire!

Old 01-21-2009, 08:23 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Another photo.
Gerhard,

What brand of wheels are these? These look outstanding

Old 01-21-2009, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by cross><hair
Awesome stuff man. It's been many years since I've trained. If there was a good school around me that didn't charge astronomical fees I'd forgo the gym (weights) and JUST train in JJ. My problem was being affiliated with a "Rickson" school. They charge and arm & a leg because of the name.

I always wanted to train Muay Thai- it's by far the most vicious striking art. I had high hopes for Kit Cope but Florian broke his arm in his MMA debut if memory serves me correct.

PS Penn over Pierre, 2nd round, submission
PPS Did you get a chance to catch the first Affliction event. There's a second one coming up this saturday. Arlovski is taking on Fedor....god help him.
Oh yeah, I follow Fedor very closely... Arlovski is gonna have a bad bad night.

Thai was my favorite, and the shins show it. I no longer have any nerves on the front ridge of my right shin, LMFAO. I can walk straight into a table and I won't feel it. Kinda neat, but kinda scary at the same time. And to think, no saplings died in the process... Gore would be proud

Old 01-21-2009, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Gerhard,

What brand of wheels are these? These look outstanding
Brand: schmidt , Typ: cc-line

Front: 9 x 19" 235 tires

Rear: 11 x 20", 295 tires

The photos show a friends car.

The car looks great, but there was a lot of body-work to do !

Volker Schmidt

Schmidt Revolution GmbH
Efeustraße 19
23795 Bad Segeberg
Germany
Fon xx49-(0)4551-9645-11
Fax xx49-(0)4551-92927
e-mail: schmidt@felge.de

(PDF, 10MB)

Attached Images
2001.bmp (1.14 MB, 30 views)

Last edited by daun; 01-21-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:06 AM

^^^ I love the CF line, page 12 on the PDF file. CC version is very nice as well though

Vielen Dank für die Kontaktdaten

Old 01-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

For what it's worth, I've never had the experience of being called names in either XF. Most folks who talk to me want to know what it is and comment on how nice it looks.

I make it a point not to be concerned about a$$holes who run their mouths. Life is to short.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Location: Finger lakes region of central New york south of Rochester
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too, agree with JHMK & others. Just my experience; I've owned a 1987 Ferrari 328GTS, a 2002 Corvette convertible, and a 2003 Corvette convertible. Plenty of men went out of their way to gawk. No women ever did, not once. I've had men and woman rave about the Crossfire and it happens more often than when I had the Ferrari! The only person that called it a "girls car" was a parts guy at my local Chrysler dealer...until he saw it (we were checking touchup paint) and then he said it was "pretty cool looking". Having experienced both; I actually enjoy all the women complimenting me on the Crossfire.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Not had any 'gay' comment yet... and if I do... I'll just smile and wave.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:20 AM

Not gay. Evil
Hello Gerhard

thanks for postet my Car

Video it is supplied later

Old 01-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No gay comments here, either. I've had a guy in an old Jeep CJ7 pull up next to me on Pacific Coast Highway and shout down to me "beautiful car, man, just gorgeous!" and even a guy in a lifted pickup truck on the freeway catch up to me, slow down, give the car a good once over and then a thumbs up.

Nobody made any gay comments when I had my Miata either, although the wife of one guy I know called it a fatty chick's car. Then again, she thought the Hummer H2 was the epitome of cool and what every real man should drive. Sorry babe, I don't feel the need to compensate for anything.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:55 PM

Umm maybe I'm wrong here but for a guy isn't it a good thing that the women like this car? Women talk to me all the time when I pull up in this car(haha is that wrong or what) and that dude is probably just mad cause the last time he tried racing a crossfire the dude whipped his tail and then took his woman for a ride too. I think the convertible is a good looking vehicle and I would have bought one if it had a bigger trunk...I actually use this as my daily driver and at least need to get my suitcase in the trunk since I drag that thing with me three days a week when I'm flying.

The Verdict: He's probably delusional, was violated by bubba the night before, and is mad that he couldn't get a 4.5" exhaust can comming out of the back of his corolla without dragging pavement

Old 01-21-2009, 03:47 PM

I had to laugh. Just today we're talking about this rather odd phenomena, and this afternoon, this grizzled old guy in a ratty pickup pulls up next to me, looks down at the car and holds his nose. I look at him in disbelief, rolled down my window, at which he does too, and I say, "so you're having some difficulty with the smell in there, huh? They have air fresheners now y'know." The window on the Cross is just going up when I'm seeing his mouth move but oddly enough there are no sounds. He continues to tailgate me then for the next couple of miles, and if I thought there was insurance on that POS I might have laid the brakes on and maybe gotten an SRT6 out of the deal. LOL!

Old 01-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have had a lot of nice comments about the car, but only bad one. That was from a nasty girl driving a Z. I did what anyone would have done .... I smoked her and embarrassed her little crap box Nissan. That was a fun drive to work! I can tell you as a woman that the only car I do mentally make fun of is a Hummer. Every time I see a guy driving one, I just think - nice Hummer, sorry about the ... well you know!!

Old 01-21-2009, 08:36 PM

Hummers aren't about penises. They're about living a childhood fantasy of driving around one of your old Tonka toys. Same reason people buy the Toyota FJ.

Quick Reply: Name calling with top down