Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Name calling with top down

Old 01-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Name calling with top down

Originally Posted by Jesda
Hummers aren't about penises. They're about living a childhood fantasy of driving around one of your old Tonka toys. Same reason people buy the Toyota FJ.
A HumVee maybe but a Hummer... HAH. Wally McCarthy up here in MN put a Hummer test course at his new Hummer dealership a few years back with lots of hills and all sorts of fun stuff but ended up paving it and using it as a display for all those fancy vehicles that aren't selling for squat right now because customers were destroying them and estimates were in the hundreds of thousands of dollars in non-reimbursible warranty work. Hummers are street kiddies.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Forum Regular
Location: Brentwood, CA (no not the OJ Simpson Brentwood, the real city of Brentwood in NorCal)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing says girlie car more then a miata, jetta or rabbit (or whatever they call them now), but a convertible Crossfire

Old 01-22-2009, 12:23 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcompart
Hummers are street kiddies.
mall crawlers.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:50 AM
Cool Re: Name calling with top down

Originally Posted by bigguns300zx
All to often I will be driving with the top down and I will here someone shout something like ***, gay car...etc...
I am not sure for the reason of this. I am guessing it is either jealousy or just because I am a bigger guy driving a small convertible and some people feel it is a girly car.
I get compliments too but it is usually from women.
Anyone have any experience with name calling with the top down??? What do you make of it?
Thanks
Josh
When the Crossfires first came out one pulled up to a strip mall. I was outside talking to a guy and asked him what he thought of it. It astonished me when he said that he thought it was gay looking. There ya go. I think it's the 'cute factor' and that's why women like them, there stylish and cute. Needless to say, I think they look cool as hell! but some guys are so insecure about their masculinity that they project sexual orientation onto inanimate objects. For these guys I would suggest an SRT8 Hemi. No ones gonna call you gay in one of those.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Really??? I always thought that they were about overcompensating for being really small in the lap. Well, that's what all my girlfriend's who have been with Hummer owner's have mentioned ..... they also mentioned how it wasn't THAT bad because it didn't last but for a few seconds. Who knows, I have a lot of friends, but there is NO way they have hooked up with EVERY Hummer owner. There are always exceptions to the rules. On the other hand, the FJ is FUN. Every time I drive one I want to take it off roading.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

^^^ Freaking hilarious

Old 01-22-2009, 02:27 PM

its the whole "topless" thing, just that word alone makes me want to call myself a bad name. the non roadster crossfire are very mean looking even the roadster itself is mean looking except for the soft top.
i once had a girl tell me quote " the only convertible you should be driving is a vette, otherwise your sending mixed signals" i personally get embarresed when the top is down, and even paranoid like everyone is looking at me. and its true i always catch myself looking at "topless" cars all the time hoping to check out a good looking girl. but when i see a dude driving in a bright red convertible or something i would probably assume the same thing. i guess i just want to hide under a roof. if only we had a hardtop to add on.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:42 PM

That's pretty funny! Topless, I like it! Adds even more sex to a sexy car. I hate rag top as a term. Convertible sounds a little bi sexual don't you think? I always buy roadsters and if someone thinks my SRT6 is gay and yells something I will just yell back "RACE?"

Last edited by Mr. Max; 01-22-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Forum Regular
Location: Brentwood, CA (no not the OJ Simpson Brentwood, the real city of Brentwood in NorCal)

Originally Posted by supercrossfire
its the whole "topless" thing, just that word alone makes me want to call myself a bad name. the non roadster crossfire are very mean looking even the roadster itself is mean looking except for the soft top.
i once had a girl tell me quote " the only convertible you should be driving is a vette, otherwise your sending mixed signals" i personally get embarresed when the top is down, and even paranoid like everyone is looking at me. and its true i always catch myself looking at "topless" cars all the time hoping to check out a good looking girl. but when i see a dude driving in a bright red convertible or something i would probably assume the same thing. i guess i just want to hide under a roof. if only we had a hardtop to add on.
So I guess a convertible Viper is gay looking according to your GF.....perhaps she's a closet lesbian...not that that's a bad thing, embrace it...join in, fun, fun

Old 01-22-2009, 05:38 PM

I only hear it when I'm yelling at some idiot who cuts me off. I work with a number of "motor heads" Corvette and Porsche owners and not a one of these has felt this car is a girly car outside of ribbing for fun...all have expressed they thought the car is a nice ride.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:59 AM

My son is 26, 6'2" and when he drives my car with a buddy in the passenger seat, he told me he feels a little gay. He is not the least bit homophobic so it does not stop him from borrowing the car. It has more to do with my "LtMyFire" license license plate than anything else. However, he said he has never had any negative comments. He does get the aged hippies stopping him and telling him "cool car man". His girlfreind is also 6'2" tall and stunning so he never knows if the looks are about the car or the girl.

I get lots of comments - but the most offensive one I received was a guy who pulled up beside me, asked what kind of car it was and then told me I should dye my hair blonde. As a natural redhead - I found that a bit irksome.

I work in an all-female office (not an intentional effort). We are currently enduring a prolonged transit strike and the city is crippled by a dramatic increase in the number of vehicles on the road. Every day we have stories about yahoos who cut us off. We find that a small gesture with two fingers which indicates an assumption about the size of their naughty bits is an appropriate insult.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Forum Regular

Btw, just picked up a roadster yesterday- I'll let you know if it happens to me. PS If it's over 40 degrees the top WILL be down!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KimPossible
Really??? I always thought that they were about overcompensating for being really small in the lap. Well, that's what all my girlfriend's who have been with Hummer owner's have mentioned ..... they also mentioned how it wasn't THAT bad because it didn't last but for a few seconds. Who knows, I have a lot of friends, but there is NO way they have hooked up with EVERY Hummer owner. There are always exceptions to the rules. On the other hand, the FJ is FUN. Every time I drive one I want to take it off roading.
Yikes, I have both a Crossfire roadster and a Hummer ('08 H3)- what's that say about me? *running to hide under something*

Old 01-23-2009, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by cross><hair
Yikes, I have both a Crossfire roadster and a Hummer ('08 H3)- what's that say about me? *running to hide under something*
It means you have a small car and a big car lol

Old 01-23-2009, 03:10 PM
RPM

At Woodward 2007, some of us were heckled with shouts of:
'F___ Crossfires!,' 'Crossfires suck!,' and so on.

Try not to sweat it. Just smile, laugh, and flip them the bird (if you feel compelled to do so).

Is it a girly car? Who cares. In my experience, females say 'Sweet car,' 'That is a cute car,' etc. Guys who don't know much about the car tend to think it is just another roadster and not fast. Surprise.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:39 PM

yeah, just ask the guys in the G8 forum, hmmm, not one mention of girly car, just warnings of not taking on the Cross in the twisties, and really, in general, don't take the Crossfire for granted. (another thread here) Also Road and Track Jan 09 had a article on a 2005 SRT. a Nizzan 350Z and a Porsche Boxter S. Yep, the Cross came out on top.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:09 AM

This car is a man magnet. They want to drive it, they want to own it, they want me to duck down so they can admire the car unimpeded. Women think it's cute as a bug, so there's that I tell them it's rumored to go 150 before the limiter kicks in.

My hubby has a blacked out black Impala SS & that's a man & lesbian magnet (not that there's anything wrong with it), too. It stops people in their tracks.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:23 AM

I dont know about "man magnet". Before I had a Crossfire of my own, I thought they were ridiculous and overpriced. To the outside world, its perceived as an older gentleman's more expensive sports car without the power of a Z or the luxury of a 3-series.

A used car secret.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:44 AM

Before I traded in my Xterra for my Crossifre, I never even heard of a Crossfire. Circled it, sat in it, test drove it, fell in love with it. Never regretted it for a minute, although I could have used the truck when we moved this month.

PS Name calling is for sissies, anyway. Or rat b*stards.

Old 01-24-2009, 03:06 PM

Wow, didn't your mom ever tell you that sticks and stones may break your bones but names will never hurt you?

Besides when I am driving with the top down I can't hear what others have to say and who the fudge cares!

Quick Reply: Name calling with top down