Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

annoying seat belt warning beep

Old 02-15-2009, 05:43 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default annoying seat belt warning beep

Tired of that annoying seat belt warning beep? I personally opt not to wear my seat belt when just tooling down to the local hardware store and am convinced anyway that I'd rather just get thrown from the burning wreckage. Most cars are configured to warn me to buckle up by just a few helpful reminder chime sequences, but some cars, like the xfire, go on and on and on like my wife to strap in NOW as if a horrifying crash is guaranteed to occur at the end of the driveway.

Anyway, next time she's not looking, just snip the male fixture from your second car back-seat middle-passenger seat belt array, presuming she, too, drives a Chrysler/Dodge product. Most other vehicle make seat belt fixtures will probably work. I don't know. Tuck the evidence back down under the back seat with the old popcorn, candy warppers and other age-old filth in her car. Snap the stolen item into your own xfire driver's- seat belt recepticale when you'd rather have some peace and quiet when starting out for a drive. Drop it in the console and buckle up when you need to go interstate, for some reason don't feel lucky or when she's in the car with you.

You know some parts houses actually charge $29 for this thing?

Old 02-15-2009, 05:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: annoying seat belt warning beep

In our state all seatbelts are required to function in order to pass yearly inspection.
Best bet is to go to a salvage yard and get one there. Will save lots of money over trying to replace the one you grabbed off of your car. Very expensive to replace.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by dwightdmagee
Tired of that annoying seat belt warning beep? I personally opt not to wear my seat belt when just tooling down to the local hardware store and am convinced anyway that I'd rather just get thrown from the burning wreckage. Most cars are configured to warn me to buckle up by just a few helpful reminder chime sequences, but some cars, like the xfire, go on and on and on like my wife to strap in NOW as if a horrifying crash is guaranteed to occur at the end of the driveway.

Anyway, next time she's not looking, just snip the male fixture from your second car back-seat middle-passenger seat belt array, presuming she, too, drives a Chrysler/Dodge product. Most other vehicle make seat belt fixtures will probably work. I don't know. Tuck the evidence back down under the back seat with the old popcorn, candy warppers and other age-old filth in her car. Snap the stolen item into your own xfire driver's- seat belt recepticale when you'd rather have some peace and quiet when starting out for a drive. Drop it in the console and buckle up when you need to go interstate, for some reason don't feel lucky or when she's in the car with you.

You know some parts houses actually charge $29 for this thing?
Up here with no seat belt you get a nice fine with one wheel on the road wearing no seat belt. Getting thrown from a car is not what you want, normally they do not catch on fire. But in your case your wife may just add the spark if she is around and has read this post.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:27 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Or you can do what I did. I cut one wire on the drivers side going into the seatbelt recepticle. No more chime. No cost. Nothing hanging, getting in the way. Look around the forum for what wire to cut. It's been awhile back since I did this to mine, so I can't remember which wire it was. I have no regrets about doing this. And i'm sure future owners of my car won't mind not having to listen to it as well.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:49 AM
Forum Regular

It stops beeping after about 45 seconds....

Old 02-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dwightdmagee
Tired of that annoying seat belt warning beep?
~ see this link for diy to disconnect chime:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...seatbelt+chime

Old 02-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a harness for my dog that has a male seatbelt buckle end on it, the other end clips to his collar - designed to make sure he doesn't jump out of my roadster. You can get them at most larger pet stores.

The good thing about it is that if you "accidentally" leave it in on your side and anyone asks, you can always say that you forgot to put it away after taking your dog for a ride, and everyone loves you because it shows that you are a responsible pet owner.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

the easiest way to disable the chime:

begin by moving the drivers seat forward & up as high as possible... the wire is easier to access from the rear of the seat... it is clipped onto the far back side metal seat frame edge under the seat... held in place by 2 metal tab clips... release the clips and you will have nearly a foot of wire to work with. a flash light will aid... carefully cut back the plastic sheathing... 3 wires will be exposed... snip the brown wire and the chime has been eliminated w/o any side effects. tape the wires back up with electrical tape and re-secure with the clips.

here are some pics with the drivers seat all the way forward and in its highest position.

2 clips attach to this metal rail...
IMG_49431.jpg

the circled area is where i cut back the plastic sheathing and sniped the brown wire... needs covered with electrical tape...
IMG_49371.jpg

the clips (2) that hold this very long wire under the seat are located on the underside metal frame toward the back edge (slip off rail)... remove both clips & you will have 12" of wire to work with. carefully cut back the plastic sheathing and snip the single brown wire (3 wires total)... tape wire with electrical tape and reinstall... you'll realize how simple it is once you do it.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:50 AM

I don't really care if you wear your seat belt or not but the only reason im here is because of my seatbelt in my old car. I got hit head on goin about 35-40 by another car probably doing close to the same around a blind turn his tire was over my white line. Just throwing it out there it might be smart to wear 1.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:12 AM

Yup.. got to hang with lemm on this one! I just got used to wearing the darn thing, to many close calls in the little bugger.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

If you're gonna drive w/o it, then just fastening the seatbelt and sitting on it does the trick. It has the added benefit of almost looking like you're wearing the seatbelt and you may avoid a ticket. Not endorsing....just commenting. I wear mine always and also always signal every turn. Eliminates probable cause from the local law enforcement officer's reason for picking on me, leaving just speeding.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:42 PM

I wanna wear my belt when driving the SRT!!!

Old 02-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Keep in mind that if you're in an accident and injured while not wearing your seatbelt, your insurance company can opt out on covering you...and probably will.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ws6vert
It stops beeping after about 45 seconds....
Just wanted to re-post this.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That annoying seatbelt chime, reminds me that I never want to hear that annoying ambulance siren again!

Old 02-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GDC-SRT
That annoying seatbelt chime, reminds me that I never want to hear that annoying ambulance siren again!
Ha! Good one!

Old 02-17-2009, 11:42 AM

I dont care if you wear it or not, I never wore mine until I bought my xfire. The reason. at high speed turns It feels like my rear will slide off the leather seats. Therefor, I now wear my seatbelt everytime im in the car.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:57 PM

So I was getting ready to put in my 5 point and wanted to see how to disable the seat belt warnings. After reading some of the info, I decided to find an old belt on ebay and cut the clip off. There were no crossfire belts so I decided to check mercedes. There I found clips that looked like they had carbon fiber heads on them labeled AMG. They just plug into your stock seat belt and all set. Not only do they work but they look trick......$5.00 each!!

www.racingcarshop.com had the goods!!

Mark

Old 01-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 480 Likes on 333 Posts

Another way to disarm the seatbelt warning beep...

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
From our friend Thomas Whyle...

"The correct procedure for the Crossfire is as follows: 1)Turn key to ON/START - within 60 seconds, turn ignition OFF and fasten the driver seat belt. 2)Start engine and wait for the seat belt light to turn off. 3)Within 60 seconds unbuckle/rebuckle the seat belt 3 times - ending with buckled. 4)Turn the engine OFF and wait to hear a single chime. (This confirms you have turned the repeater chimes off. Repeat the sequence or disconnect the battery to restore the reminder function.)"

It works, trust me

Old 02-01-2012, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
Another way to disarm the seatbelt warning beep...
This worked for me as well.

Quick Reply: annoying seat belt warning beep