Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Wind diffuser

Old 03-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wind diffuser

What make is the mesh windscreen? Do you have their website?
Thanks,
Adrian

Old 03-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by adrian
What make is the mesh windscreen? Do you have their website?
Thanks,
Adrian
Here ya go: http://www.tuningshop.co.uk

They are not inexpensive but worth the money IMHO. They are the OEM for Lexus mesh windscreens.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:15 PM

Thanks,
Adrian

Old 03-14-2009, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by 05LtdRoadster
I just ordered this one off of ebay after reading reviews on what type works best. It covers the span of both rollbars and uses straps attached to the rollbars to hold it in place for easier installation/removal. If anyone has this one let me know how you like it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...1%7C240%3A1318
This is the one I found after reading all of this, I am seriously interested in this one. I want one that works best, dont really care how "cool" the lighted one is, just want functionality. Let me know when you get it and how it works!

Old 03-14-2009, 06:17 PM

^^^ I have the windblox and I am happy with it. Can't really say it is the best or compare it with the other types but for me it does the job. Big difference with it installed and without it.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one from Windblox on eBay looks like the best choice to me. I did not want to spend $150 for the other one that I have seen on here and it did not even go over the rollbars at all. I was wondering if the others were going to work very well since they did not cover the rollbar area and now I do not have to worry.

Thanks for posting that link.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:29 AM

I received my Windblox from Ebay last week, definately makes a big difference... and it looks nice also. Seems to be a good quality acrylic. I would recommend purchasing the clear plastic straps also, if you position the velcro that secures the strap on the underside of the rollbar, the windscreen almost looks invisible from certain angles.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by shodown99gp
This is the one I found after reading all of this, I am seriously interested in this one. I want one that works best, dont really care how "cool" the lighted one is, just want functionality. Let me know when you get it and how it works!
I have this one as well. Not really happy with the way it bends and squeaks...it flops around also!! Maybe I am too picky. Also, the ones from the UK are just overpriced IMO.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:50 AM

I was wondering if it would flop around, since there is nothing holding it down in the middle. I think the mopar has a chanel you install that keeps the middle from doing this, but it doesnt cover the whole back.

Still undecided on Mopar one and this windblox, guess I could make something for the middle to sandwich between???

Old 03-23-2009, 02:51 PM

Thinking of getting the windblox wind diffuser. Noticed that it comes in various tints. Wondering what would look best with my red X/F. Any opinions????

Old 03-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Forum Regular
Location: Brentwood, CA (no not the OJ Simpson Brentwood, the real city of Brentwood in NorCal)

I was looking at the winblox just because of the tint option (and the clear straps, but maybe the black ones work better???).

I was thinking the bronze would look good, it's a nice filter color.

For a red car, get the red filter, no question about it. I'm thinking about getting the light blueish tint or bronze.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Here ya go: http://www.tuningshop.co.uk

They are not inexpensive but worth the money IMHO. They are the OEM for Lexus mesh windscreens.
I just noticed this company in the UK has the same mesh one that you can get from "tuningshop." -- It was $280, now it's only $230 + it'll cost me $73 to get it delivered to California.

Note: It said $264.58 (that's w/the UK VAT added in), but when I added it to my cart, the price dropped to $229.81. Make sure you click "US Dollar" on the bottom right of the website, so you don't have to convert.

For $300 including shipping, I think it's worth it....looks sleek and does the job! I'm a girl, and I'd prefer not to have to put my hair back every time I want the top down. The plexiglass ones are nice, but I'd prefer function over looks.

Just wanted to share...

http://www.adamesh.co.uk/wind-deflec...fire-266-p.asp

Old 03-25-2009, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by OC Xfire
For $300 including shipping, I think it's worth it....looks sleek and does the job! I'm a girl, and I'd prefer not to have to put my hair back every time I want the top down. The plexiglass ones are nice, but I'd prefer function over looks.

Just wanted to share...

http://www.adamesh.co.uk/wind-deflec...fire-266-p.asp
Good find! You'll also find it very easy to install as it's held be the same screws of the existing hooks:

Old 03-25-2009, 02:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Good find! You'll also find it very easy to install as it's held be the same screws of the existing hooks:

Isn't this the one that Chrysler offers for $185???? Or is the Chrysler one something different?

Old 03-25-2009, 02:57 PM

i got one from wind restrictor. they arent cheap but look much better than the chrysler one, have custom graphics. cool as...

Old 03-25-2009, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by XFireCrazy
Isn't this the one that Chrysler offers for $185???? Or is the Chrysler one something different?
I was under the impression that the OEM one from Chrysler was a plexiglass model, much like the Wind Restrictor models other Xfire owners purchased. It does not reach beyond the roll bars, just fastens in between the driver and passenger seats.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the only mesh ones available were from the UK...Chrysler's Parts website only shows plexiglass.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:46 PM

By the way, for those of you who would prefer not to spend so much on a mesh one, but would like a plexiglass one that covers across the roll bars, here's one that DOES NOT have those black or clear velcro straps. This guy has received postive feedback for all the Xfire windscreens he's sold, and they're pretty cheap too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AIT&viewitem=

I'm probably going to buy the mesh one because it seems to WORK the best (again, I'm not going for looks), but this one seems to be a winner with other Xfire owners too!

Old 03-25-2009, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by XFireCrazy
No, it is not Chrysler's. See here: http://www.adamesh.co.uk/wind-deflec...fire-266-p.asp

Old 03-25-2009, 04:23 PM

Great find!!!! 303 dollars is very attractive price compared to the other one. This is going to be a hard decision.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Forum Regular
Location: Brentwood, CA (no not the OJ Simpson Brentwood, the real city of Brentwood in NorCal)

Hey Richelle,

That's the same one I posted a while back, and it looks like the best deal out there. I like the mesh model you posted from the UK too, hmm... the mesh is better for hair huh ?

If you get the mesh one, post up a pic, I'd love to see how it really looks in a car. I like how it attaches to the car, looks more factory then the factory one with straps.

Brian

Originally Posted by OC Xfire
By the way, for those of you who would prefer not to spend so much on a mesh one, but would like a plexiglass one that covers across the roll bars, here's one that DOES NOT have those black or clear velcro straps. This guy has received postive feedback for all the Xfire windscreens he's sold, and they're pretty cheap too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AIT&viewitem=

I'm probably going to buy the mesh one because it seems to WORK the best (again, I'm not going for looks), but this one seems to be a winner with other Xfire owners too!

Quick Reply: Wind diffuser