Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Wind diffuser

Old 03-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wind diffuser

Thanks! - That's a great find! I have the plexi Mopar windscreen - and all I can say is that it is better than noting but the amount of air that gets around the roll bars makes it less than effective. But, perhaps I am being to critical - I am comparing it to the mesh screen that I had on my 97 Audi Cabriolet - that was terrific (not cheap at $800.00) but was amazing - at 85mph you got NO back draft - even my wife would ride with the top down without a hat!

Old 03-25-2009, 08:34 PM

Alright guys! I just purchased the mesh one from Adamesh in the UK...$303.21 when all said and done. I will post back with pictures and my review once I receive it and install it!

~Richelle

Old 03-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OC Xfire
Alright guys! I just purchased the mesh one from Adamesh in the UK...$303.21 when all said and done. I will post back with pictures and my review once I receive it and install it!

~Richelle
Congrats Richelle. I think you'll be pleased with it. I look forward to seeing photos of it on your car.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:21 PM

Yes, I will be waiting to see how you like it. Let us know how long it takes to get it and what its like

Old 03-26-2009, 07:00 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I definitely think its the best looking wind screen out there for our cars.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:58 AM

Thanks guys! I'll let you know as soon as I get it! I think I splurged a bit too much yesterday....I bought the windscreen, rear diffusers and an SRT-6 front bumper. There goes half my paycheck....so worth it though. I have to try and keep up with the rest of you on here, and I couldn't say no to that bumper...so much nicer than the standard one. :]

More coming soon....

Old 04-03-2009, 11:19 AM

Update: I purchased it last Wednesday (3/25), and they sent me an email on Friday (3/27) saying they didn't have it in stock and they were ordering it from their supplier and expected it within a couple days. So nice of them to still charge my credit card immediately!

Anyways, I emailed them yesterday morning asking whether it had shipped yet...no answer as of right now, but I should probably be a little more patient.

I'll update again when I get an email saying it's been shipped.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by OC Xfire
Update: I purchased it last Wednesday (3/25), and they sent me an email on Friday (3/27) saying they didn't have it in stock and they were ordering it from their supplier and expected it within a couple days. So nice of them to still charge my credit card immediately!

Anyways, I emailed them yesterday morning asking whether it had shipped yet...no answer as of right now, but I should probably be a little more patient.

I'll update again when I get an email saying it's been shipped.
If you don't have it in your possessionbefore the credit card bill comes, notify the credit card company of the situation and they should put the charge on hold.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Good find! You'll also find it very easy to install as it's held be the same screws of the existing hooks:

Are those the only two moounting points?

Does it move around in the wind and make noise or rub anaything?

This by far looks like the nicest one. One more question? If I had to take if off, does it fit in the trunk?

Old 04-07-2009, 07:42 PM

Are those the only two mounting points? Yes

Does it move around in the wind and make noise or rub anaything? No, it is very secure. No noise/rub what so ever.

This by far looks like the nicest one. Thanks! I and others that have seen it in person agree. One more question? If I had to take if off, does it fit in the trunk? I dunno. If the top is up it looks like it would fit in the trunk. It would need to go into the trunk opening a bit diagonally. I can't say for sure as I have never tried. It has never taken it off since the day I installed it.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:02 PM

Well I just ordered one from the same place Richelle did...

Thanks for the quick response Inferno....

Now we wait .. .. ..

Old 04-08-2009, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by SACETORNC
Well I just ordered one from the same place Richelle did...

Thanks for the quick response Inferno....

Now we wait .. .. ..
They emailed me back yesterday, saying that for some reason, the Crossfire windscreen did not get shipped with their normal supplier order last week. They said they'd email me as soon as it came in, and apologized for the delay. They also said they would give me a refund if I didn't want to wait...

Today is 2 weeks since I purchased it, so I'm going to give it one more week before I start to get aggravated. Most vendors don't charge your credit card until the item is shipped, which is the main reason I'm a little annoyed with Adamesh. Or maybe I just don't want to wait that long for an awesome addition to my Xfire!

I'll post again when they email me saying they shipped it!

P.S. -- SACETORNC -- Have they sent you an email yet letting you know it's on B/O? I'm curious if they just ordered one from their supplier, or a handful? I let them know that a couple people from our forum may be ordering, so hopefully they were smart and ordered more than one!

Old 04-08-2009, 04:10 PM

I received what I believe to be an automated email stating that ist not a stock item but has been ordered and will take 10-14 days for them to receive.... I'll keep you posted....

Old 04-09-2009, 12:26 AM

OK - I received another emai, this timel from Geoff. Since I paid with PayPal, he asked if I wanted the money refunded until he gets it in stock. They seem to be on top of things so far....

Old 04-09-2009, 03:42 AM

OK.
Geoff from Adamesh seems to be a good sport. He ordered 10 wind screens to fill the open orders and is offering an additional $40 off to any forum member who orders one out of this batch.... (guessing that leaves 8 available) That means $269 delivered to the USA lower 48...

PS- Richelle - He said he would refund the $40 to me and the "other member." I would send him another email to follow up. Let me know and I will send you the actual email if you need it.

Rich

Old 04-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some feedback on a windblocker I just bought. Picked up one of these on the cheap from eBay. Think these were mentioned earlier in this thread.

http://stores.ebay.com/Zefferus-Windscreens

Anyhow, kind of meh overall. Wouldn't buy again. Few comments:

--Bought this style because it stretches across the rollbars, which I thought would be the most effective. And it works well. Only get a bit of backdraft now in through the sides, in a small gap between the blocker and the windows when they're up. So, happy there.

--But the style isn't good if you need the seats all the way back, like me. The design of the blocker goes straight across behind the seats from the screw holes where it mounts, which prevents me from putting the seats all the way back. I mean, I can put the seats back into the back wall, but not without bending the blocker and putting some strain on the back plastic. This looks ridiculous, too. I'm 6'4" and 280, so this kind of, well, sucks. That extra half-inch or so makes a big difference. Ahem.

--Good quality material. Well cut and smooth edges. Packed really well, too.

Not sure if I'm going to leave the blocker on or not. Was hoping to save a few bucks here as I just dumped a pile into new air filters and a stereo, in addition to just having bought the car a couple of months ago. So pretty disappointed. Might have to bite the bullet and go for that more expensive one from the UK, as I see it clears the seat backs. Thinking about maybe trying to alter this one, too. Shouldn't be too hard to cut it around the bottom so it clears the seat backs.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by SACETORNC
OK.
Geoff from Adamesh seems to be a good sport. He ordered 10 wind screens to fill the open orders and is offering an additional $40 off to any forum member who orders one out of this batch.... (guessing that leaves 8 available) That means $269 delivered to the USA lower 48...

PS- Richelle - He said he would refund the $40 to me and the "other member." I would send him another email to follow up. Let me know and I will send you the actual email if you need it.

Rich
Thank you so much Rich! Geoff has definitely been helpful. I just emailed him regarding the "credit," and I'll post again once he emails me back! Another $40 off is spectacular. Makes it a little more worth my time since it's going on 3 weeks and they still haven't received or shipped it! It's warming up over here in Cali and I need my windscreen! Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer!

Old 04-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Forum Regular

who makes the one in the picture?

Old 04-17-2009, 10:39 AM

jediracer - to which picture were you referring? The mesh one? Not sure who the manufacturer is. The Adamesh company I purchased mine from just said their supplier is in Germany.

Good news on this beautiful Friday. Geoff from Adamesh emailed me this morning to say the Xfire windscreens arrived from their supplier! He said he is shipping them TODAY for those of us who already paid. He said they are closed next Monday-Wednesday for some holiday, so shipments will resume late next week!

I'll post pictures when I get mine!

Old 04-20-2009, 07:14 PM

To answer your original question, yes, they work. I got one from Windblox. It keeps my hair from flaying my passenger (& the guy in the car next to us, probably). And it's quieter, too. Whichever one you get, it will make a difference. 92 degrees out today. Came home at lunchtime. Hubby got his bike out, I got my XF out. Lots of topless drivers. Supposed to rain this week, but this is the first sunshine in a long time.

Quick Reply: Wind diffuser