Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Wind diffuser

Old 02-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Wind diffuser

This month we're offering 20% off on our products. Discount code is Urawinner20

coolcustomXF-1.jpg

here is our product gallery >>> Crossfire Accessories, Crossfire Windblocker, Crossfire Roadster, Crossfire Windschott

Old 02-25-2010, 04:19 AM
bdh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZSUN
My Adamesh screen got here today BEAUTIFUL five minute install and went for a ride. Very noticably quiet to the point you can talk in a normal voice. Geoff did a good job and it was packaged very well for the long trip wrapped in cardboard and then in a box. At first glance I thought wow is it small but it fills the space perfectly and very well made the leather or faux leather is nice and tight as is the mesh, really worth the wait and price. I would not be afraid to do business with Geoff and don't forget he credits back $45 when he finds out you come from this forum. Great buy.

Dave
I was looking at the photo's & it looks like the tuningshop is higher than the Adamesh model, what do you think? I also saw that on the review link that the Adamesh is rated at 5.7 & the tuningshop is 6.2
I plan on buying one of the mesh models, I just want the most wind protection possible. I know this topic has been well covered & I appreciate any additional info

Thanks

Old 02-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Forum Regular

As you have seen there are three perhaps four different types -- mesh, lighted, unlighted, strapped, etc. you get the idea. I believe each one of these has advantages and disadvantages for each indivudual. Perhaps each owner would give you the pros and cons of their diffuser. Since I have the mesh I'll start with that.

Pros: Looks factory OEM, shares the design used with the BMW and Porsche. Works great. No restrictions on vision.

Cons: Cost.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:01 PM

You're right, Hawk Monster, good points.
We've got both, and to reduce wind turbulence the mesh is much better.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:07 PM
bdh

Thanks for the replies, What I would like to know is if the uk tuning shop is taller than the adamesh or if they just look that way in the forum pictures? I am definitely buying a mesh model.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:13 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bdh
Thanks for the replies, What I would like to know is if the uk tuning shop is taller than the adamesh or if they just look that way in the forum pictures? I am definitely buying a mesh model.
I am fairly certain that both companies are selling the same product and it's just the way they are photographed. But if you want to play it safe, buy the one from tuningshop. The mesh screen is great!

Old 02-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Forum Regular

Sorry I can't help with that. May I suggest checking their web sites for size or email them for the height.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:51 PM

Yeah wow, they look nice, but the cost is way too high for me to call it viable. Also, the shipping and conversion to the U.S. is hefty on top of the price. Between my mesh windblocker and my Windblox windscreen, I like the windblox windscreen a lot better because it is higher and is easy to see through. That's just me, though.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I'll keep my windstrictor. I like the look. It may not block all the wind, but I prefer the look....

Old 03-01-2010, 10:37 PM

Just ordered mine from Adamesh as their price was less.
Will be getting it for under $300
Need it before I head out to the Spring Dragon

Old 03-15-2010, 04:18 PM

Let me know how yours fits...I mounted the bracket the way I thought it should go and the unit tilts forward....I flipped it around and it still doesnt seem right.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Forum Regular

What type did you buy? The picture on page 7 is right on. You can not put that in wrong.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:13 PM

Ordered mine on Thurs, got it on Monday.
Install took 10+/- minutes. Looks great.
My final cost from Adamesh was $ 270.00.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Hawk Monster
What type did you buy? The picture on page 7 is right on. You can not put that in wrong.
I bought the mesh from England.....in the pic on page 7 it appears to be straight up, parallel to the roll bars....mine tilts forward maybe 1/2" from vertical.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...e-topless.html

Here's our Spring Special on our WindRestrictors.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Old 03-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Forum Regular

Ordered the ADAmesh screen this week - posted separate thread - windscreen ADAMESH

Just like snowtop57 - Fedex guy came around noon today with the windscreen, unbelievable - ordered on the 24th; shipped on the 25th and here today.

Well it is a grey; windy; chilly (43 degrees)totally overcast day here in the Shenandoah Valley but had to try this thing out - so after the 2 minutes it takes to put on - drop the top and off I go. Over the mountain towards Charlottesville, VA - it got colder 39. Heat on and butt warmers fired up.
and I hate to admit - the windows were up - ouch - be kind, it's cold
Here my take on this windscreen:
  • 1st - it works better than the OEM plexi unit from Chrysler, a ton better - no but better.
  • Does it work as well as the 1 on my 97 Audi - absolutely not - in the Audi almost regardless of speed you hardly felt the air at all, it was almost like the top was still up.
  • Speeds under 70 - works well - not much air is hitting the back of your head
  • Speeds over 70 (but under 100) you feel the air, but not as much as the OEM plexi screen.
  • With the top up and the screen still in you loose a small piece of visiblity at the top of the windscreen; and the view out the back appears to be darker, could be I need to readjust the seat, but since the visiblity is not so hot anyway - I couldn't care.
  • With the screen in - the seats still go ALL the way back - so you DO NOT loose any space, thank goodness,
Overall - I would say that I am pleased with the screens performance - over joyed - not really - but it looks cooler.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:10 AM
Forum Regular

Finally installed my Adamesh windscreen today, I agree with pretty much everything MAKIII had to say except I've never owned an Audi. This windscreen is a big improvement over the Windrestritcor as far as getting blown all over. The Windrestrictor is better than nothing at all so it's not a total waste of money either. I like the looks of both, but the Adamesh windscreen is definately more functional.