Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Wind diffuser

Old 04-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wind diffuser

Well my ADAMESH screen was delivered today!! I got it just before work (I work nights) so I dont have any pics and didint have time to install it...

Old 04-24-2009, 09:32 AM

I received mine last night as well! Looks beautiful....they did a really great job, and it's totally worth the $300!

To one of the posters that asked me how long it took to receive. They shipped it from the UK on Monday, and I received it on Thursday thru FedEx. SUPER FAST! It did take 3 weeks to ship because it was out of stock, but they're IN stock now.

I took a picture of it out of the box last night, but didn't have time to upload.

I'll post my review, as well as pictures of it in my car, this weekend.

To anyone that is still trying to decide: DO IT! Geoff from Adamesh is still doing the $40 off deal for the large handful he has in stock, so for $260ish delivered, you can't go wrong!

Update: 4/24 - I just received my refund/rebate from Geoff, via Paypal! However, because it was sent through Paypal, they took a $1.86 fee from the $40....

Oh well. So my total refund was $38.14. Better than nothing!

Happy Friday!

Last edited by OC Xfire; 04-24-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:04 PM

Richelle's Official Review of the Adamesh Windscreen:

First, I'd like to talk about the physical appearance. When I opened the box, I was amazed at the quality. Leather-wrapped, perfectly formed, every stitch in place. It came in a couple different pieces. The actual mesh windscreen, the metal bracket, 2 turn ***** and 2 metal washers (that I didn't use). No instructions came with it, but it's pretty self explanatory.

Took me about 3 minutes to install. I stood behind my car while my boyfriend made sure both sides were even. The metal bracket secures in between the back panel and the umbrella hooks. So easy, a caveman could do it!

See below for pictures.

Now, for functionality, which was my MAIN reason for purchasing this one. I brought a hair tie with me just in case....but it stayed on my wrist the whole time. With the windows up, I got NO hair movement at all. I took it to 65mph and was completely astonished at how well it worked. I promise you, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

I put the windows down, and I immediately was whipped in the face by my own hair. I left them down for about 30 seconds....the hair movement/whipping still wasn't as bad as without the windscreen, but I'd definitely have the windows up when going at higher speeds.

Unfortunately, I live about 20 minutes from a freeway, and I didn't want to pay to take the toll road so I can hit 80 and give you a better review. However, I do take the toll road every day to/from work, so you can be sure I'll have my top down tomorrow and re-post with my 80+ review.

The only downside I noticed was a bit of a glare in my rearview mirror. It was almost like I was looking through my rearview mirror, then another piece of glass, then the windscreen. Drove me crazy for about 2 minutes until I got used to it. Almost like you're looking at something pixelized, if that makes sense. Obviously this is because it's at a slight angle. When you look straight through mesh, you can see clearly, but as soon as you angle it (in my case I sit a tad lower than the the screen), then you have that slight distortion/glare.

So, here is the breakdown:

PROS:
1) Looks beautiful on the car
2) NO backdraft up to 65mph (I'm sure it's perfect at higher speeds too, I just haven't had the chance to go that fast)
3) Only $260ish delivered (yes, $260 is a PRO, considering other mesh windscreens are $600-800).
4)They are currently in-stock, so you won't have to wait almost 1 month like I did.
5) Once shipped, it only took 4 days to get to me (UK to California).
6) Fantastic customer service. Geoff kept me updated with weekly emails and was nothing but kind and helpful.
7) Geoff is currently offering a $40 discount to those who order from the small handful he has left in stock. His email: geoffmadams@hotmail.com

CONS:
1) Slight distortion, depending on how tall you are or how you sit in the crossfire.
2) $260.00 (had to make it a con too for those of you saving up your pennies).

If any of you live in Southern California and want to take a ride in my XF before making the commitment, let me know!

For those of you who live just a little bit too far from me, please take my word for it....It's the best money you'll spend on your XF.

I know some prefer the plexiglass engraved wind deflectors with the LED's to make everyone notice the car, but that's just not my style. I let my car speak for itself. I prefer clean lines with a classy look...but most of all, functionality.

I didn't regret it, and neither will you... Any questions, PM me or reply to this thread. Thanks for your patience guys/girls! ENJOY!!!

~Richelle

NEWPICS013.jpg

NEWPICS009.jpg

NEWPICS008.jpg

NEWPICS007.jpg

Old 04-27-2009, 08:05 PM

Here's a couple more since I could only post 4:

NEWPICS004.jpg

NEWPICS005.jpg

NEWPICS006.jpg

Old 04-27-2009, 10:03 PM

Looks great! Still trying to decide if I want one, well I want one just dont drive it enough to justify the price yet. But it is just now warming up here in Oklahoma

Old 04-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Forum Regular
Location: Brentwood, CA (no not the OJ Simpson Brentwood, the real city of Brentwood in NorCal)

Richelle thanks for the detailed review and photo's, it looks terrific

A couple of questions if you don't mind:

I read the review from the fellow that bought the plexiglass screen on fleabay and he wasn't happy about not being able to move the seat all the way back due to hitting the screen. Does it inhibit the ability to move the seat all the way back at all?

With the way the ***** screw into where (I assume) the umbrella hooks are located, I guess you can remove/install it easily in a few minutes?

Thanks, it really looks nice.
Brian

PS - How come no photo's with you in the car for, ah, well, you know added character

Old 04-28-2009, 03:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great review!

Good photo's help as well.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:15 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats Richelle! That is just like mine. I love it.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:20 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Very nice OC. Do you have the web site where to buy it?

Old 04-28-2009, 11:46 AM

Hey Brian,

My seats are all the way back, and they barely touch the windscreen when there is a person sitting/leaning back in the seat. I'm 5'8" and have my seat all the way back with no problem.

It's so simple to install. 3 minutes, tops. Just line up the windscreen with the metal bracket, screw on the turn *****...then take it to your car, unscrew the umbrella hooks, place the metal bracket over the hook holes, then screw the umbrella hooks back on. Like I said, it might be easier with two people to make sure both sides are even (I stood behind my car while my boyfriend adjusted it).

No pictures with me in it yet...I didn't even want to take pictures last night because my car needs a bath, badly. But I know you all were waiting on a review with pictures.

Also, I drove to work with the top UP this morning, and I have limo tint on my back window. So between the limo tint, the windscreen and my sunglasses, it definitely makes everything behind you really dark! Not bad, but some people might find it difficult if they also have limo tint on their back window. If you don't have tint, you won't have a problem.

FP: This is the website where I purchased it:

http://www.adamesh.co.uk/wind-deflec...fire-266-p.asp

(make sure you hit the conversion menu to US Dollar on the bottom right of the website)

Enjoy!

Originally Posted by Cal_Cobra
Richelle thanks for the detailed review and photo's, it looks terrific

A couple of questions if you don't mind:

I read the review from the fellow that bought the plexiglass screen on fleabay and he wasn't happy about not being able to move the seat all the way back due to hitting the screen. Does it inhibit the ability to move the seat all the way back at all?

With the way the ***** screw into where (I assume) the umbrella hooks are located, I guess you can remove/install it easily in a few minutes?

Thanks, it really looks nice.
Brian

PS - How come no photo's with you in the car for, ah, well, you know added character

Old 04-28-2009, 12:20 PM

looks really good i love it, but will it fit in the trunk if you wanted to remove it?

Old 04-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Caught in a Xfire
looks really good i love it, but will it fit in the trunk if you wanted to remove it?

Of course it does! You just need to move the two sets of golf clubs a little

Old 04-28-2009, 12:33 PM

I haven't tried, but I don't see why not. It's actually REALLY small. Just make sure you take it out before you make your way to Costco!

Old 04-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes it will.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:59 PM
FP

I like my lighted windscreen, but I think I like this one better. If I can sell mine I think I would buy one of these.

Any takers?

Old 04-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I think it looks nice too, but I like my lighted too...decisions FP, always decisions...LOL

Old 04-28-2009, 04:22 PM
FP

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I think it looks nice too, but I like my lighted too...decisions FP, always decisions...LOL
I know Doc. We use to complain about lack of options for our cars. Now I think we are starting to have too many...

Old 04-28-2009, 05:17 PM

[ cool quote=InfernoRedXfire]Yes it will. [/quote]

Old 04-28-2009, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Yes it will.
cool i really like that you can store it in the trunk if need be

Old 04-28-2009, 05:32 PM

were do the washers go that you didn't use?

Quick Reply: Wind diffuser