Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Anyone used these stip LED's around your headlight pod like the Audi?

Old 05-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used these stip LED's around your headlight pod like the Audi?

Wondering if anyone has used the thin flexible strips of LED's around their headlight pods. I think the Audi is kind of sexy, and looks like other manufacturers are picking that up as well... I've stumbled onto a place that sells a black 20 inch strip that is .3 inches wide and .1 inch thick where the LEDs show out the sides. Not clear to me how you would power them up, but if the light is bright enough in the daylight they could act as running lights on the xfire...Anyone?

Old 05-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anyone used these stip LED's around your headlight pod like the Audi?

Not sure what they used but if you do a search for "angel eyes" there should be a post on that.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Default Re: Anyone used these stip LED's around your headlight pod like the Audi?

Originally Posted by crossfirefun
Not sure what they used but if you do a search for "angel eyes" there should be a post on that.
No that's not what I'm talking about. These are thin plastic strips. weatherproof, with a tiny white LED spaced about 1 inch apart for the entire length of the 20 inch strip. They have an adhesive on the back, and will curve right around our headlamp bottoms sticking to the small painted edge just below the rubber that lives around the light pod. Thanks....

Old 05-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Received 99 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by popeye
No that's not what I'm talking about. These are thin plastic strips. weatherproof, with a tiny white LED spaced about 1 inch apart for the entire length of the 20 inch strip. They have an adhesive on the back, and will curve right around our headlamp bottoms sticking to the small painted edge just below the rubber that lives around the light pod. Thanks....
Popeye

I think this thread is what your looking for, as related to LED/Audi headlights....

DT Menace
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-replicas.html

Old 05-02-2010, 06:41 PM

I saw some of these the other day on an Audi heading towards me. It was an overcast morning so I got to see them w/o headlights on. I was attracted to them because of the unique look, but I'd have to say I wouldn't care for them on my car.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by DTMenace
Popeye

I think this thread is what your looking for, as related to LED/Audi headlights....

DT Menace
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-replicas.html
This is the post I meant. Sorry about that.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:16 AM

If youre going to do it, put them inside the headlight. If you dont it just looks cheap and crappy

Old 05-03-2010, 07:51 AM

I have them on my car. They look awsome! I wired them so that when ever the car is running they come on. They are bright enough during the day. I got them at Autozone. I liked them soo much I bought a spare set. Seems like everytime I like somthing and need another one .....they no longer make it. Thats why I have a spare set. They're LED so they should last a long time.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
CIMG2536.JPG (184.5 KB, 253 views)
CIMG2540.JPG (278.1 KB, 182 views)
Old 05-03-2010, 07:54 AM

Also.......I put them on the outside and if you do a good job they look fantasic. They hold up real good going through a carwash.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by VIPER0076
I have them on my car. They look awsome! I wired them so that when ever the car is running they come on. They are bright enough during the day. I got them at Autozone. I liked them soo much I bought a spare set. Seems like everytime I like somthing and need another one .....they no longer make it. Thats why I have a spare set. They're LED so they should last a long time.
Do you have a part number or make for what you used? The LED strips I saw there were either just three LEDs or were ridgid. Also, did you stick them to the little ledge that lives under each headlight pod at the bottom of the light? Perfect place and it looks like running a small gauge wire in under the lamp to power it would not be a problem. Tell me more about the Autozone product please....Thanks

Oh! yes, the number of LEDs per inch is only one in the strips I''ve seen, except the ones on Ebay that are apparently made in china. They have many LEDs per inch in those, but they offer very little informaiton on them....

Old 05-03-2010, 01:24 PM

If you look at the picture you can see the part number (CZ 3008 W). I cleaned the Ledge (as you call it) with rubbing alcohol to get rid of any wax. They stuck REAL GOOD. I was concerned about them sticking going through a car wash, but there hasn't been any problems yet. I originaly bought another headlight assembly from a junk yard with intentions of experimenting with it. I think they look great on the outside. Plus...if one ever burns out it will be easier to replace it, or if you decide you don't like them it will be easier to go back to stock. Trust me ......they don't look cheap.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:48 PM

I just think it looks cheap IMO. Its not very hard to split the headlights apart and place it inside

Old 05-03-2010, 02:12 PM

Viper and Infinite...that would be my next question. How to hook them up. Either I put them in the headlight pod or run a wire into the engine space. The pod would be nice, but these pods I got - I got because the originals fogged up. Don't want to go there again. As for running a wire into the engine space, what do you hook up to? Everything is so weather proof in there. I talked to the guy at autozone and he said there is some kind of terminal that comes with the strips. They are sold one at a time for 16+ dollars apiece. Lotta money for some running lights... Tell me about your hookup to whatever you hook up to so they come on when you turn the care on....Thanks mate....

Old 05-03-2010, 02:40 PM

Well, you could just wire them to the corner light, but they would be on with the driving and headlights.

The simplest way to do it is to run a switch into the car, so you can control when they are on.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:51 PM

i used the same set found at autozone they will be out of order soon enough, i went with the15" set just to get the curve a little higher

Old 05-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im picking mine up today!!! Do i need to buy two or just one?

Old 05-10-2010, 10:57 PM

I'm just tossing this out there... I'm not flaming. Everyone has different tastes...

I think Audi just did for Headlights what the Toyota Altezza/Lexus IS300 did for Taillights. A year from now, every ricer on the planet will have them on every rolling turd on the the road. Please don't do it...

Old 05-11-2010, 05:08 AM

If you like the look, then trade the Crossfire in and buy an Audi!!

I prefer the look of the original headlights, I think pretending to be an Audi looks Tacky!!

No offence to anybody, but that is my view, p.s. I don't like the look of the current Audi's anyway.

Cheers
Terry

Old 05-12-2010, 11:02 PM

if you like the look. . .ADD IT! Mine were just installed today! AMAZING!

Old 05-13-2010, 02:07 AM

here are my LEDs!

Attached Images
2010-05-12 23.37.58.jpg (285.4 KB, 119 views)

Quick Reply: Anyone used these stip LED's around your headlight pod like the Audi?