Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

New guy looking for advice

Old 06-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy looking for advice

Hi: I'm a new guy to the xfire forum and roadster owner (2 weeks)...the smile just won't go away! Getting to know the car and really loving it. It's in great shape, except one of the map lights is out. The owners manual has detailed instruction on how to replace every light on the car except the map lights (as least I can't find it anywhere). A visual inspection hasn't provided any obvious solution. Before I do something that may turn out other than what I had hoped for, does anyone have any "been there, done that" advice. NanSaGo

Old 06-29-2011, 03:31 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New guy looking for advice

Originally Posted by nansago
Hi: I'm a new guy to the xfire forum and roadster owner (2 weeks)...the smile just won't go away! Getting to know the car and really loving it. It's in great shape, except one of the map lights is out. The owners manual has detailed instruction on how to replace every light on the car except the map lights (as least I can't find it anywhere). A visual inspection hasn't provided any obvious solution. Before I do something that may turn out other than what I had hoped for, does anyone have any "been there, done that" advice. NanSaGo
Congrats on the new car and big smile. While I have not had to do it myself, I did see info on how to remove the map light housing etc in a thread about installing a "AUTO DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR" Try searching this. Good luck.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by nansago

I also want to say congrats. I just got my baby a couple months ago and I still have the honeymoon jitters. Its funny cause I had the same exact problem as you when I bought mine. The map light housing pops off and the lights are enclosed in this weird way, which you will eventually find out sucks about our cars. Everything is so freaking hard to get to. Wait till you try to replace your headlight lolol Get your car jack out because you have to take off your wheels just to get the light out. Craziness. Hope this helps.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:24 PM
rbp

The map light cover can be popped of by gently prying with a amall putty knife or similar tool. The housing comes out by removing 2 screws. After stumping the parts man at the Chrysler dealer for a replacement for one of the bulb sockets I flipped the housing over and noticed it had a Mercedes part number. After a quick search for Mercedes parts I found the bulb socket available for 93 cents. Isuppose you could also go to a Mercedes dealer.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is probably more than you asked for, but check out this link as it has some pix for your viewing pleasure:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ghts-leds.html

And those screws for removal require a Torx bit, would hate to see you strip them, and then really get pi$$ed off...lol...

BTW, Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the permagrin club...

Last edited by Kodebuster; 08-19-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Forum Regular

Finally I am not the new guy anymore....Congrats on the new roadster. Get ready for the looks you are going to recieve. (and if married, the wife won't want to be a passenger too long, she will ask for her own). Welcome, and enjoy life driving.