Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Windblocker Advice for New Owner

Old 08-23-2011, 04:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windblocker Advice for New Owner

Hi All

My first post, so please go easy on me!!!

My wife and I have just acquired a Crossfire Roadster for her to use as a daily driver and for us to use for holidays and weekends. I would like to get a windblocker / deflector for it but am confused as to which one to get. Your advice would be gratefully received.

The choices are as follows;

http://www.windrestrictor.com/crossf...s/new%2012.jpg

from King Penn

Wind Deflector For Chrysler Crossfire

from the UK, which would save a load of money in shipping costs

Wind Deflector For Chrysler Crossfire

which would be the cheapest, but I'm not sure about the way it attaches to the car

DJH Chromline Shop | Glass-Windstop | Chrysler Crossfire

that looks very similar to the King Penn one

As I said earlier, your views and advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Malc

Old 08-23-2011, 06:22 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Windblocker Advice for New Owner

I got mine from :
Chrysler Crossfire Windscreen Windblocker Wind Deflector

Base is $88, shipping to UK additional $34
Many additional options.
I got the clear Lexan with rubber surround and clear straps, very satisfied.

Do not buy the storage bag - you will never use it, I leave mine on all the time.

HINT : order 2 sets of straps, with just one, it tends to vibrate and make noise.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:34 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't have one, but just talked to a fellow owner this weekend who raved about his Adamesh. It looked like a high quality product, and the owner said it was well worth the high price.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

I've had the Windrestrictor for 5 years. I'm very satisfied. I like the custom graffics.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:02 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Windbox and love it. http://www.windblox.com/styles/chrysler_crossfire.htm

You can definitely feel the difference and hear each other as well. The company is the best at customer service.

Keep in mind that nothing other than putting the top up will stop all wind buffeting, but now you can arrive without the wind blown look.

Last edited by Ronideas; 08-23-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:38 AM

I bought ' Windrestrictor" from King Pin in Dallas area. I like it very much, works very well and very easy to install. I have been to their factory/shop. Very nice people, great to work with. I bought the more simple version which can be upgraded with lighting, etc.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a windrestrictor which i bought from another member of this forum.
it is great.
there are many on ebay at this time.
enjoy
bob

Old 08-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronideas
The company is the best at customer service.
Amen to the customer service ! Example :
I called Tim today to ask how to order a second set of clear straps.
His response was, "email me your address and I'll send them out at no charge"
Can't beat that kind of customer service .......

Old 08-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I have a factory wind restrictor and it does not make a lot of difference with the windows down. It works much better with them up. I've had the car out in below 0o C weather and 200 kph with the top down. The only other observation is if you drive in the rain with the top down, the water goes over your head but hits the windblocker. But you don't have much rain in the UK. :-)

Old 08-23-2011, 03:15 PM

I have an illuminated wind restrictor.King penn have their own listings on ebay.com.With shipping to the UK it works out to $307 (about £185 ) so this is about the same price as the adamesh.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:27 PM

Just checked wind restrictor site and it comes out at $339 ( £205 )to uk so you can get it cheaper on ebay.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Windrestrictor and love it. I mainly got it for the lighting/graphics that you can get with it. There are other mesh types that will provide better wind blockage. I guess it really depends on whether or not you are going for looks or or more wind protection.

windscreen3.wmv - YouTube

Old 08-24-2011, 10:08 AM

I bought the $88 WindBlox and love it. The wife won't ride without it. It is also a great place to put stickers...

Old 08-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I realy dont know what we're doing wrong but ours no-way does what its advertised to do, Wife wanted me to send it back after 5 mins into the test drive after putting it on, But sense we're going to get rid of our XF soon i just left it on.

SAM_0583.jpg

SAM_0582.jpg

Old 08-24-2011, 05:01 PM

Thanks for all of the replies. It seems that opinion is quite divided about which is best, but I think I have narrowed the choice to either the King Penn Windblocker or the Adamesh one from the UK. They both are about the same price (including shipping) but the only problem that I see with the King Penn item is the illumination which needs other accessories to either dim it, or wire it to the brake light circuitry to enable it to be on and get brighter when the brakes are applied.

Having previously owned an MG TF with a wind deflector and a Z3 without, I realise that there will always be some turbulence in the car, but the buffeting in the Z3 was tiresome after a while and detracted somewhat from the driving pleasure, especially on a long journey.

Choices, choices. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 08-24-2011, 05:12 PM

I bought my King Penn Windblocker without lights. Did not want any lights coming on or off at night in the car rear window. I love mine. I have since bought the" Lighted Door Sills" the lights go on-off by opening or closing the doors. Really top notch, look great.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by ZERACER
I've had the Windrestrictor for 5 years. I'm very satisfied. I like the custom graffics.
agree...i took the eagle a bit further

Old 08-24-2011, 09:33 PM

Had the same model as Larry. Took it off after the first ride. Didn't restrict wind appreciably at any speed. Do believe it's supposed to be mounted in front of the loops.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by UK_Mouldy
Thanks for all of the replies. It seems that opinion is quite divided about which is best, but I think I have narrowed the choice to either the King Penn Windblocker or the Adamesh one from the UK. They both are about the same price (including shipping) but the only problem that I see with the King Penn item is the illumination which needs other accessories to either dim it, or wire it to the brake light circuitry to enable it to be on and get brighter when the brakes are applied.

Having previously owned an MG TF with a wind deflector and a Z3 without, I realise that there will always be some turbulence in the car, but the buffeting in the Z3 was tiresome after a while and detracted somewhat from the driving pleasure, especially on a long journey.

Choices, choices. . . . . . . . . . .
I wired mine up to the rear lights but found it lit the whole cabin up at night.To overcome this i bought an inline LED dimmer( £6 off ebay ).Now i can turn it on or off and have infinite dimmer control.This is all done by remote control.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Forum Regular

Forum post "Windscreen Adamesh Breakdown" post from 3/24/2010
I have both th OEM Chrysler plexi windcreen and the Adamesh - here is what said on 3/26/2010; and nothing has changed my view since

Well it is a gray; windy; chilly (43 degrees) totally overcast day here in the Shenandoah Valley but had to try this thing out - so after the 2 minutes it takes to put on - drop the top and off I go. Over the mountain towards Charlottesville, VA - it got colder 39. Heat on and butt warmers fired up.
and I hate to admit - the windows were up - ouch - be kind, it's cold
Here my take on this windscreen:
  • 1st - it works better than the OEM plexi unit from Chrysler, a ton better - no but better.
  • Does it work as well as the 1 on my 97 Audi - absolutely not - in the Audi almost regardless of speed you hardly felt the air at all, it was almost like the top was still up.
  • Speeds under 70 - works well - not much air is hitting the back of your head
  • Speeds over 70 (but under 100) you feel the air, but not as much as the OEM plexi screen.
  • With the top up and the screen still in you loose a small piece of visibility at the top of the windscreen; and the view out the back appears to be darker, could be I need to readjust the seat, but since the visibility is not so hot anyway - I couldn't care.
  • With the screen in - the seats still go ALL the way back - so you DO NOT loose any space, thank goodness,
Overall - I would say that I am pleased with the screens performance - over joyed - not really - but it looks cooler.

Quick Reply: Windblocker Advice for New Owner