Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Considering a '05 Base w/manual trans.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering a '05 Base w/manual trans.

Local 39500 mile triple black, cloth interior. It gets HOT out here in the summer so the cloth seats are a plus. Will get Carfax tomorrow but- I want a power cloth seat. Over the week-end drove a base model '06 Coupe (VIN1C3AN69L26X069623) with same seats but with driver side power. My research says only power on SRT & Limited so what is this? A power cloth seat is the only problem so far with buying this car. Maybe a swap but it appears the years have to be the same to get wiring to match. Not interested in heated seat function but a ventilated seat as in Saabs would certainly be nice! Also is delamination of the chrome on the interior door bars common? Any help is appreciated!

Old 11-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Considering a '05 Base w/manual trans.

A Base model should not have power seats. So if you want that, then yes, you have to swap. Don't think the wiring changed as the cars were only built for 2 years. Also, the power seat rides higher because of the motors for the power adjust. And they didn't come in cloth if I remember correctly. You should look into a Pop-Top convertible cover and just get the leather seats. Better for resale value IMO.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pima Pedro
Local 39500 mile triple black, cloth interior. It gets HOT out here in the summer so the cloth seats are a plus. Will get Carfax tomorrow but- I want a power cloth seat. Over the week-end drove a base model '06 Coupe (VIN1C3AN69L26X069623) with same seats but with driver side power. My research says only power on SRT & Limited so what is this? A power cloth seat is the only problem so far with buying this car. Maybe a swap but it appears the years have to be the same to get wiring to match. Not interested in heated seat function but a ventilated seat as in Saabs would certainly be nice! Also is delamination of the chrome on the interior door bars common? Any help is appreciated!
A manual transmission is great fun in these cars. I have the leather seats and have been in many places that is hot and it doesn't seem to be bad - Az was one of those places. My door handles are doing that to some extent too, it seems like it is a thin metal layer comming off especially between the handle and the door. I cut a small piece of that aluminum furnace tape and covered it up. You can't see it and the sharp edge doesn't bother your finger. The power seat is nice but to tell the truth I am 5'8" and I have my seat all of the way back all of the time anyway, I only move it to get behind it so a manual seat wouldn't bother me.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:30 AM

I wouldn't worry about getting power seats. I have power leather seats in my Limited roadster, and I never move the seat except when I am vacuuming out the interior of the car. On the other hand, if you do swap the seats, don't worry about leather being too hot. My black leather seats would really burn me here in florida, but I solved that problem by buying a couple of chair cushions at IKEA. I use them when I need them, and toss them in the trunk when I don't.

I started my search with the idea that I would be buying a base model or SE, and I'm really happy that I ended up buying a Limited. The extra cost was worth it, when you consider all of the added extras on the Limited.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Forum Regular

My seats have never been adjusted in my 04 since well 04. I live in NV and the leather has only been a little too hot a couple times since I owned it. The tinted and low profile windows keep most of the heat on the dash and back in the boot. The cars AC cools it down so fast it is nothing to worry about.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Or buy an SRT6 , the Alcantera seats in the convertible don't get hot, even in the height of the Texas summer ........

Old 11-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Not sure where you are located, but window tint works wonders, especially for that really big rear convection oven window. I put 35% on the sides so I can see out at night, but 15% on the rear. I heartily recommend the limited for all the little extras for not much more money (on the used market).

Edit: Just realized this was in the roadster section, so forget my comments on tint. Still go for the limited and the MT6.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got the Roadster and did 35% tint all around, even the rear.

I like staring at folks at red lights, knowing I can eyeball them, without them freaking out...lol...