Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Class Action Lawsuit

Old 10-01-2016, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Class Actio Lawsuit

Originally Posted by nate_man
Just make sure that we get our spelling right on the lawsuit if you do!

I have no issue with mine so share some of what your lawsuit would be contending.
I would be willing to participate if you could provide the suit context. Not in Florida but don't know why that's relevant.

skip@skippalmer.com

Old 10-01-2016, 07:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Class Action Lawsuit

You'll have to forgive the fact that as an owner of thousands of FCA shares I hope any lawsuit fails miserably and the plaintiffs are held accountable for costs.

Old 10-02-2016, 05:12 PM
Received 372 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by sirharper
You'll have to forgive the fact that as an owner of thousands of FCA shares I hope any lawsuit fails miserably and the plaintiffs are held accountable for costs.

I forgive you, bit of advice, sell/trade them soonest, your probable already losing quite a few dollars investing in anything to do with the Chrysler name (2 year graph FCAU Stock Charts - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. Interactive Stock Charts - MarketWatch ). I would bet Fiat is actively trying to sell that company to anyone right now!

Quality has gone the wayside to the bottom line. Throwaway everything, anymore. IMHO when you leave your customers hanging, then they deserve everything they get. I know my money was good when they sold me the car. I believe they have an obligation to keep us informed AND to have a proactive fix fast. If not the solution, then a temporary until the permanent fix is done. Hanging us out to dry sucks, and their reputation has suffered much.

Old 10-02-2016, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Just keep your knees together when you talk to them or they will get the wrong idea about you.

Dave THAT was funny! I came in today knowing I would be flamed. In my own defense, I should never post something in a forum after a beer or two (or maybe more?). Can honestly say I've been successful holding companiesl to the coals more times than I can remember. Lost some, but won many more. Now, this wasn't big ticket items like this car but would rather keep at em than give up. Never was one to give up (normally).

Old 10-02-2016, 05:22 PM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Dave THAT was funny! I came in today knowing I would be flamed. In my own defense, I should never post something in a forum after a beer or two (or maybe more?). Can honestly say I've been successful holding companiesl to the coals more times than I can remember. Lost some, but won many more. Now, this wasn't big ticket items like this car but would rather keep at em than give up. Never was one to give up (normally).

I am not making excuses for them but, how long can a company be held responsible for earlier mistakes?
Can Ford be liable for poor brakes on a model T?
This company is a different company from the one that designed the car, the old companywent titsup. Buy some airbags and move on, the only one suffering in your case is you.
Newer cars will get the bags first, original owners will take priority.
I am sure our bags were used on many cars so there should be many replacements on other cars that use a safe bag.
Give it some thought anyway.

Last edited by onehundred80; 10-02-2016 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:14 PM

I am not making excuses for them but, how long can a company be held responsible for earlier mistakes?
Can Ford be liable for poor brakes on a model T?
This company is a different company from the one that designed the car, the old companywent titsup. Buy some airbags and move on, the only one suffering in your case is you.
Newer cars will get the bags first, original owners will take priority.
I am sure our bags were used on many cars so there should be many replacements on other cars that use a safe bag.
Give it some thought anyway.

Dave, if you have taken the time to read the voluminous information on this issue, you might not have posted what you posted. The older airbags are dangerously degrading in high heat/humidity locations (without the desiccant pack internal to the ammonium nitrate package). The prioritized zone replacement is sound, I also think those who bought their cars new should be scheduled/fixed first (within the zones priority). Interim measures should have been taken if the 'lead time' is long, ALL owners should be kept informed. Chrysler is doing NONE of this (so far as anyone knows). Where is their CUSTOMER SERVICE? Have they ordered any replacements? If so what is the estimated delivery and schedule of replacement. Can they install new bags lacking the desiccant since they degrade on a set schedule (being 6 to 9 years in these zone 1 locations). If it is an agreed interim fix until manufacturing 'ramps up' then at least that is something. They are giving us NOTHING (those of us who are affected by this fiasco). Chrysler knew about these airbags LONG before we were given notice. NHTSA required/ordered these recalls. Chrysler is not at fault for the defective airbags, they are at fault for so far doing NOTHING to serve their customers (in the case of our crossfires). All the automakers were forced to recall. In my opinion, Chrysler is dragging their collective feet with regards to the recalled 07/08 crossfires. Their name is on the car, not Mercedes Benz, not Fiat, not any other name. They are required to do what they were ordered to do, seems like they don't want to. I believe they want us owners to get tired of this whole recall, and trade our cars in. In the case of those of us with an LPW, that saves them a whole lot of money and effort down the road. Can I prove that? Probably not, but I'll not be hurt by their lack of action based on their record of almost 6 months inactivity as experienced by me.

You say the only one suffering is me? I say every owner dealing with the 07/08 crossfire airbag issue is losing. Losing faith in a company who is treating their customers with disrespect and apathy. NHTSA recently (before this airbag recall) mentioned Chrysler is lacking in customer service (part of the volumes of .pdf files associated with the Takata recall on the NHTSA website), in my opinion and the past 6 months, they (Chrysler) is doing everything to continue this, onward.

Old 10-02-2016, 07:07 PM
Received 523 Likes on 416 Posts

Kind of interesting to watch the marketplace since this Takata Airbag recall was mandated by NHTSA for 2007/2008 crossfires. Just recently, I found a 2008 Limited Coupe at a CDJR dealer in WVa that had only 5300 miles on it! One owner car and absolutely pristine! Upholstery looked like it never was sat on.

Car was sold a few weeks back and when the buyer became aware of the airbag recall, he/she returned the car to the dealer & picked something else on the lot. Car was re-listed for the past couple of weeks & just this weekend, I noticed it is no longer listed. Dealer either re-sold the car or sent it to auction.

I was strongly considering getting this car, in spite of really wanting a roadster to go with my 2007 Limited Coupe. Condition of the 2008 Coupe was something you just don't see in the pre-owned market. Sales & I had worked out an acceptable price for everyone. But in the end, the thought of having to deal with a 2nd car requiring the Takata Airbag recall was just too big an obstacle for me. So my search continues. (Note: I have a DS airbag from a 2005 Crossfire that would have worked because the 2008 model had the 2-tone gray interior. These cars have the steering wheel light gray & that's what my 2005 airbag is. My 2007 coupe has the Dark Slate gray interior & I need a DS airbag from that interior.)

Last edited by dedwards0323; 10-03-2016 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:50 PM

Dave, if you have taken the time to read the voluminous information on this issue, you might not have posted what you posted. The older airbags are dangerously degrading in high heat/humidity locations (without the desiccant pack internal to the ammonium nitrate package). The prioritized zone replacement is sound, I also think those who bought their cars new should be scheduled/fixed first (within the zones priority). Interim measures should have been taken if the 'lead time' is long, ALL owners should be kept informed. Chrysler is doing NONE of this (so far as anyone knows). Where is their CUSTOMER SERVICE? Have they ordered any replacements? If so what is the estimated delivery and schedule of replacement. Can they install new bags lacking the desiccant since they degrade on a set schedule (being 6 to 9 years in these zone 1 locations). If it is an agreed interim fix until manufacturing 'ramps up' then at least that is something. They are giving us NOTHING (those of us who are affected by this fiasco). Chrysler knew about these airbags LONG before we were given notice. NHTSA required/ordered these recalls. Chrysler is not at fault for the defective airbags, they are at fault for so far doing NOTHING to serve their customers (in the case of our crossfires). All the automakers were forced to recall. In my opinion, Chrysler is dragging their collective feet with regards to the recalled 07/08 crossfires. Their name is on the car, not Mercedes Benz, not Fiat, not any other name. They are required to do what they were ordered to do, seems like they don't want to. I believe they want us owners to get tired of this whole recall, and trade our cars in. In the case of those of us with an LPW, that saves them a whole lot of money and effort down the road. Can I prove that? Probably not, but I'll not be hurt by their lack of action based on their record of almost 6 months inactivity as experienced by me.

You say the only one suffering is me? I say every owner dealing with the 07/08 crossfire airbag issue is losing. Losing faith in a company who is treating their customers with disrespect and apathy. NHTSA recently (before this airbag recall) mentioned Chrysler is lacking in customer service (part of the volumes of .pdf files associated with the Takata recall on the NHTSA website), in my opinion and the past 6 months, they (Chrysler) is doing everything to continue this, onward.
My opinion stands, the owners of most of these cars purchased them used and Chrysler is not going to jump through hoops for used car buyers. Individual owners with a record at a Chrysler dealership will get the nod instead of an owner with no record. That is basic common business practice, look after your best customers first even though the service for them is not the best.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:23 PM

I forgive you, bit of advice, sell/trade them soonest, your probable already losing quite a few dollars investing in anything to do with the Chrysler name. I would bet Fiat is actively trying to sell that company to anyone right now!
I'm doing fine on it. My cost basis is pretty low. By graphing it like that you're getting a deceptive looking result. All shareholders of record recieved 1 Ferarri (RACE) share per 10 FCAU shares held.

We know Sergio has shopped the company for a merger.

Old 10-02-2016, 11:07 PM
Administrator
Received 880 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
And did you see my comment to her Mark ?
No, not that I remember.

Old 10-02-2016, 11:10 PM
Administrator

Forget the class action, sell it or drive it.
Agreed.

If we can sue for back window glue, I'd think we could sue for transmissions that fail, crank sensors that go bad... the list goes on and on.

Old 10-03-2016, 02:55 PM

Reading comprehension sure is lacking a lot in todays society...

Old 10-06-2016, 11:12 AM

I'm falling over...this is my 3 top...yes my 3 one. I have a 2005 only 51 thousand miles...I live in Fl. But now due to the leaking from the top....my convertible top motor has shorted out.....pissed is beyond words. I'm paying 350.00 for a new top from Chrysler who I have been fighting with now for 4 months....and right in the middle of having a hurricane...ready to hit...haaaaaaaa never ends with this car....I will never buy a Chrysler again..NEVER....selling my crossfire.......

Old 10-06-2016, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by My Zeuse
I'm falling over...this is my 3 top...yes my 3 one. I have a 2005 only 51 thousand miles...I live in Fl. But now due to the leaking from the top....my convertible top motor has shorted out.....pissed is beyond words. I'm paying 350.00 for a new top from Chrysler who I have been fighting with now for 4 months....and right in the middle of having a hurricane...ready to hit...haaaaaaaa never ends with this car....I will never buy a Chrysler again..NEVER....selling my crossfire.......
Yeah, trade it in for 2004 Toyota Solara. I'm sure you'll have NO problems with that roof. LOL!!!!

Old 11-06-2016, 12:14 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink Re: Class Action Lawsuit

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Agreed.

If we can sue for back window glue, I'd think we could sue for transmissions that fail, crank sensors that go bad... the list goes on and on.

With all due respect, the 2011 Factory Rear Window Warranty should have been offered to ALL original private purchasers of Roadsters. That would have been the intelligent choice, and would have retained many as potential future customers by brand loyalty.
I would add that the "sticky key" ignition switch should have been a Recall. My .02 cents

Last edited by lovecross; 11-06-2016 at 03:09 PM. Reason: date correction
Old 11-06-2016, 12:18 AM
Forum Regular
Wink Re: Class Action Lawsuit

Originally Posted by My Zeuse
My sympathies. I too will never buy a Chrysler, But I would buy another Crossfire.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:59 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow, great reading. When GM was sued over the ignition failures, I thought then, how did Chrysler get by with our ignitions? As for the rear window repair, that too should have taken care of. Now the air bags, I would think carries the most weight. That was a fed ordered repair. That might have law suit written all over it. But, it would take yrs, and lose $$$. I would just bug the hell of my dealer to get it fixed. The GM fix really was a bad case. If you are a person who hangs everything on a key chain weighting it down, then put it in an ignition and think it won't harm the receptacle...well, guess again. I only have a key on my key ring period. I know my day will come, but so far no key fix and no window falling out.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:59 PM
Forum Regular
Thumbs up Re: Class Action Lawsuit

Thanks Doc, I'll keep my fingers crossed for your ignition switch & rear window. Not sure, but the switch design may have been improved, mid-production? Our build date is 7/04.
Completely agree on hanging extra weight on a car key ring! (& the air bags. If I am killed by an airbag, I'll be going home and the Mrs. can $ue them). That's just me. But yeah, be a big thorn in their side, & your Congressperson(s), too.
One note on the GM case; in my NHTSA research, I read about the investigation. As I recall, the switches involved did not meet a recommended (or required) spec. for rotation resistance. After some failure incidents, GM did not acknowledge this and continued to use some of the sub-standard parts. That revelation was what cooked their engineering department's proverbial goose, IF I remember correctly.

Last edited by lovecross; 11-06-2016 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by lovecross
With all due respect, the 2011 Factory Rear Window Warranty should have been offered to ALL original private purchasers of Roadsters. That would have been the intelligent choice, and would have retained many as potential future customers by brand loyalty.
I would add that the "sticky key" ignition switch should have been a Recall. My .02 cents
Agreed. The idea of offering an extended warranty to SOME customers and not others was asinine from the start. I got letters from Chrysler for my first two Roadsters, both were 05's and both were sold new in Georgia. I talked to X (Crossfire owner) and her she told me that she thought offering the extended warranty on the top was a mistake - if they were not going to warranty them all, they should not have warrantied any of them. I tend to see her point - all they did was admit they had a problem, but that they'd say "to hell with you" if you, or someone before you, bought the car up north. My position is that it should have been a recall, but calling it a "safety issue" is asinine. My window coming unglued did not threaten my safety.

And *someone* along the line figured out the ignition problem, as 07 an 08's do not have the two bad parts in them. It too should have been a recall, I did a search and could not find a recall on the SLK320/32AMG for this, and I am sure they suffered the same problem, unless, the design was modified for the Crossfire but I really don't believe that.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 11-06-2016 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Agreed. The idea of offering an extended warranty to SOME customers and not others was asinine from the start. I got letters from Chrysler for my first two Roadsters, both were 05's and both were sold new in Georgia. My position is that it should have been a recall, but calling it a "safety issue" is asinine. My window coming unglued did not threaten my safety.

And *someone* along the line figured out the ignition problem, as 07 an 08's do not have the two bad parts in them. It too should have been a recall, I did a search and could not find a recall on the SLK320/32AMG for this, and I am sure they suffered the same problem, unless, the design was modified for the Crossfire but I really don't believe that.
I am sure that X is really happy to read on the internet that she may have possibly said some negative comments to you about the Company that she represents. Maybe Y will want to have some quite talk with you when you see him next.
You have gone from denting peoples cars to denting peoples reputations.

Last edited by onehundred80; 11-07-2016 at 02:33 PM. Reason: X and Y added in place of innocents carelessly named..

Quick Reply: Class Action Lawsuit