Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Chrysler Repair Woes... Please help

Old 09-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler Repair Woes... Please help

Hi Everybody

We've got an 05' Crossfire convertible... We've loved the car, up until this last year -- mainly because we have one Chrysler dealer in the area to take the car to for repairs under the warranty... and they've done nothing in the car right every time we've brought the car in.

One of the headlights was fogged, so we purchased a replacement lamp and had them put it in... they failed to check the light, and we didn't notice it wasn't working until we got it home. Had to bring it back in.

Somebody busted out passenger side window, had to get that replaced. We didn't notice until it rained a few days later that they hadn't made side the window aligned correctly with the roof, and there was a gap - leaving and opening. Again, back to the dealer.

They also failed to remove the broken glass from the inside of the car door, so I had to bring it back to get that removed.

And we arrive at my current problem.... Our convertible roof was stoping from lifting all the way up, about a second after the back hood would start to lift. They said it was the "switch" that had to be replaced, which was of course on back order but under warranty. They also noted that that the back window was coming loose and had to be reattached, which wasn't covered under warranty. Had to pay for the window out of pocket and wait two months for the switch to come in. They finally had it so we brought the car in last week and goto pick up the car. At the service shop, before we even left (finally learned our lesson on that), I went to lift the top. It still stuck.

Needless to say, I was livid. At that point, I also noticed the window, they had reattached about halfway loose. I took a look at the "reattachment" they had done previously, and there were GOBBS of glue holding it in. After I had it out with the service manager, they took the car back to fix the sticking convertible top and the window, only to receive a call saying that last time they fixed the left side of the top, not the right (the part coming loose now) and that if this happens again, I'd have to replace the entire top.

I am hoping somebody here can help me with photos of their back window if it's been attached probably. I suspect that they didn't put the window back in correctly and used so much glue that may of ruined the top. It seriously looked like a six year old went crazy with black elmers glue to fix this thing.

Has anyone else had experience with the top sticking?

Please please help. If my Chrysler dealer ruined my convertible top, I am going to really lose it.

Thanks for your help...

J

Old 09-15-2012, 12:28 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler Repair Woes... Please help

Originally Posted by JAdams805
Hi Everybody

We've got an 05' Crossfire convertible... We've loved the car, up until this last year -- mainly because we have one Chrysler dealer in the area to take the car to for repairs under the warranty... and they've done nothing in the car right every time we've brought the car in.

One of the headlights was fogged, so we purchased a replacement lamp and had them put it in... they failed to check the light, and we didn't notice it wasn't working until we got it home. Had to bring it back in.

Somebody busted out passenger side window, had to get that replaced. We didn't notice until it rained a few days later that they hadn't made side the window aligned correctly with the roof, and there was a gap - leaving and opening. Again, back to the dealer.

They also failed to remove the broken glass from the inside of the car door, so I had to bring it back to get that removed.

And we arrive at my current problem.... Our convertible roof was stoping from lifting all the way up, about a second after the back hood would start to lift. They said it was the "switch" that had to be replaced, which was of course on back order but under warranty. They also noted that that the back window was coming loose and had to be reattached, which wasn't covered under warranty. Had to pay for the window out of pocket and wait two months for the switch to come in. They finally had it so we brought the car in last week and goto pick up the car. At the service shop, before we even left (finally learned our lesson on that), I went to lift the top. It still stuck.

Needless to say, I was livid. At that point, I also noticed the window, they had reattached about halfway loose. I took a look at the "reattachment" they had done previously, and there were GOBBS of glue holding it in. After I had it out with the service manager, they took the car back to fix the sticking convertible top and the window, only to receive a call saying that last time they fixed the left side of the top, not the right (the part coming loose now) and that if this happens again, I'd have to replace the entire top.

I am hoping somebody here can help me with photos of their back window if it's been attached probably. I suspect that they didn't put the window back in correctly and used so much glue that may of ruined the top. It seriously looked like a six year old went crazy with black elmers glue to fix this thing.

Please please help. If my Chrysler dealer ruined my convertible top, I am going to really lose it.

Thanks for your help...

J
Dealers suck.

Do a search on here for Chrysler to Replace Tops..................you may be elibible for a new TOP!!!

Old 09-15-2012, 12:39 PM

Chrysler has extended the warranty on the tops. The dealer will usually send the car out to have the work done.
Mechanically, the tops are pretty reliable. Make sure the partition in the trunk is in position which is kind of a pain.
Good luck.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:44 PM

Thanks guys. Can anybody take some photos of the interior of their rear window for me? I'd like to have some when I go back in to pick up the car.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Received 351 Likes on 310 Posts

You may want to start at the most recent posts and go backward.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tsb-yahoo.html

Old 09-15-2012, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by ZERACER
You may want to start at the most recent posts and go backward.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tsb-yahoo.html

I contacted Chrysler earlier in the year about that...

Here's what they said

<<Dear Rebecca:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center in
regards to your 2005 Chrysler Crossfire.

According to our records, your vehicle was not included in the X31
extended warranty for the back glass adhesion/backlite cover.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Katie

Customer Service Representative>>

Old 09-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I have got news for Chrysler. When my top fails they will replace it under the recall. This State crap is just that crap. You can't just recall a problem according to states. If it is a problem there, it is a problem here. The tops cost so much, hiring my attorney to write a letter explaining how recall laws work won't be a problem for me...it is as ridiculous as their service...

Old 09-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Thanks guys. Can anybody take some photos of the interior of their rear window for me? I'd like to have some when I go back in to pick up the car.

Mine is original factory, window has NOT come loose ....

Old 09-16-2012, 01:37 AM

Alaxfire, thanks for the photos. Mine used to look like that until Chysler got at it with the glue... You should see it now, its a joke.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:41 PM
AlG
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before my top was replaced under warranty I glued the window in myself with Gorilla Glue. Looked like **** but it didn't fall out or leak. I'm still wondering if I'll get the top replaced again if the window comes loose as it's guaranteed for 10 years or 100,000 miles. If not, I'll glue it back in again but I'll be more careful so it won't look as bad.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:30 PM

Ive had to get mine re-glued twice in the two years ive owned it :-( $250 the first time and $150 the second.. I guess they felt sorry that i'll be coming back nearly every year with our Texas heat.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:59 AM

Hi Everybody

Thanks for your help...

J
check fluid level for pump system, maybe low or air in lines.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Forum Regular

Dealer service is like auto racing. The faster they go, the more money they make. Make money today. Screw tomorrow.

Indies know that it's tomorrow's business that counts. Without it they close.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:55 PM
AlG
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer takes way too long to service my car. But I get loaners so the longer they keep it the less mileage on my car. When they replaced the top they had it for three weeks. Put over 1000 miles on their car.