Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Am I off my rocker?

Old 08-24-2004, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I off my rocker?

When going in to see what kind of deal I can get here for a roadster (Dan, I still might be coming to Ventura) I wanted to order it WITHOUT the nav system that comes standard. My reasoning is, why pay $1,200 for something that I am just going to replace. Seems reasonable to me. But I guess I'm wrong. The dealership says they can't do that. They would come down on the price though. But only $500.

Am I just a dumb ol' girl?

If I needed a new doorknob, would this mean I need a whole new door to go with it?

Feh. :x

Old 08-24-2004, 05:37 PM
Forum Regular

The Chrysler website lists the nav system as an option, so you should be able to order it with or without. The dealers are probably trying to force people to take the nav system if they want a roadster bad enough, since it is apparently a high profit option if they are willing to knock $500 off. Tell them if they won't order it for you the way you want it, you'll find a dealer who will.

Old 08-24-2004, 05:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Am I off my rocker?

Originally Posted by rabbitroodle
Am I just a dumb ol' girl?
Nope. You know what you want and don't want. It's the delaership's job to sell you a car that has what you want, and doesn't have what you don't want. Tell them thank you, they can either sell you the car equipped the way you want it, or another dealer will.

Of course, in my experience having something you don't want can be a negotiating position in your favor. Perhaps you would be willing to accept the car with the NAV system if they throw in some other stuff at no cost (oil changes, extended warranty, etc. etc.). It all depends really on how much you don't want that option, how much they want to move the car, and what they're willing to do for you in order to get you to take the car they have. Check back with them the last week of the month, when they're trying to make sales quotas for the month, dealerships are usually more likely to 'deal' at the end of the month so they can get the car off their books before the first of the next month.

Old 08-24-2004, 06:51 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dealer has a SSB auto,no nav. sold the other .

And don't take the $500 off a $4,000 mark up ,Tell them $1500 off MSRP.

They should do that the Mich. Dealer just offered 2 srt cpes at msrp.

Old 08-24-2004, 07:38 PM

I had the same problem!

I checked all the local dealerships and all of the XFRs had the Nav system.

The first dealer I worked with said they had 4 coming and all have been ordered with the Nav!

I think it's a big profit item for them.

But, I caved in and bought mine with the Nav. (from another dealer who had the color I wanted on the lot)

It's not bad, it just doesn't have a map to look at.
You can still select by City, Point of Interest, Address, etc. it even has memory!

I have a Garmin standalone Nav system it's nice to be able to see a map but honestly, it's not really necessary.

Good Luck! :wink:

Old 08-24-2004, 08:51 PM

I got the 1st Roadster that came in at the lot here and it didn't have the Nav. on it. They ordered it in some randomn person's name but without it, so I'm guessing that they are giving you the business. Sseems to me if you want to wait and order what you want on it, you should get it the way you want!
Ditto on the Good Luck!

Old 08-25-2004, 10:33 AM

Just wanted to thank you all for assuring me that I don't have to order the Nav system. I go back in tomorrow since the Sales Manager wasn't in the last time and he makes all the decisions for the orders. Hello? I thought and you all confirmed that *I* make the decisions.

Thanks again.

Old 08-25-2004, 10:49 AM

Rabbit,

I ended up special ordering by roadster from a dealer. When I sat down with him, we went over every option one by one and I either said to include it or not. Once I finished he printed out the exact order and I had to sign it before it was placed. As for the $4000 markup, I heard that tune from other dealers. In fact most dealers do not honor the Friends and Family (EP) pricing the XF. Luckly the dealer I am working with honored it if I ordered the car.

Old 08-26-2004, 07:55 AM
jha
Default Am I off my Rocker?

Not at all the nav system is a opition, the dealer on Long Island right now has a white one no nav & a black one no nav on the lot and you pay sticker price only. Also the touring gear come within 3 months of purchase which I understand isn't bad. Both a limated Xfires.