Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Whistling?

Old 12-30-2004, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Whistling?

Hello all! Well I didn't believe you guys that it would take 2 months to get the car from Germany, but it did - and boy was that a long two months!

I love my car so much & I just can't get enough of it! It's an '05 Limited Roadster, Clear Coat Black w/the two tone grey interior. She's also had custom new shoes on (and had new springs) since day one, but I haven't been able to get it tinted or take pictures because of the rain! I'll try to get it done asap when we get a break in weather...

Anyways...the car is awesome (I can't get over the handling!) But there seems to be this fairly high pitched whistling starting just around 50 mph and up...it sounds like it's coming from the front of the top where it meets the windshield (yes, it's a roadster). Anyone else had this problem? I have a feeling there's not much I can do to take it in and have it looked at or fixed, besides getting laughed at for bringing the car in for a whistle!

Just thought I'd see if I was the only one with this problem...(I know I know, just turn the radio up...lol) It wouldn't be a super huge deal but if I turn the radio off (like last night when I had a killer headache) I'm stuck with this even more painful noise...

Old 01-02-2005, 11:11 PM
Default Re: Whistling?

i have an '05 roadster and I never hear any whistling like you speak of

Old 01-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the New Ride!!!

Take it back to the dealer, for the amount of money you are paying they shouldn't laugh. There have been post's here regarding cabin wind noise, mostly from the windows. When I took delivery of my 05' Roadster Limited, my windows had to be readjusted. Also check your wiper blade arms, you will notice that they are not same on each side. The driver side arm should have a flat piece at the bottom of the arm. the flat piece is to keep the wiper blade pressed against the window. If it is in the wrong place or on the wrong side it will make noise at high speeds.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by CrossfireLTD; 06-21-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:45 PM

Awesome - thanks! I'll try to get it in and looked at soon, as well as check out the wipers. I've never had a problem with noise coming from the windows, I could swear it's coming from the top, but who knows. It's driving me batty!
And of course, another week full of rain, another week waiting to get it tinted and take some pics (and drive with the top down)...gggrrr!

Old 08-04-2006, 07:42 PM

Hi Mopar,
I actually have this same exact problem. The whistling for me occurs around 60 mph. It is so annoying though - would love to hear if you were able to fix it? I had them look at this once already and they said it was 'normal', but it definitely is not! It does sound like it is at the exact center of the top, where the handle is to latch and unlatch the cover.

Any news would be great, thanks!

Old 02-24-2014, 06:55 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

same for me, when top is down, the holes where the top latches are whistling like when you blow in an empty bottle. Is there anyone that makes a plug for these holes while the top is down? I assume I'm not the only one that hears this.