Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Spoiler Motor Problem?

Old 04-20-2016, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Spoiler Motor Problem?

hello everyone. It is the summer time and the top needs to start coming off. i recently got my crossfire last october and have been fixing the troubles it came with. you all have helped me with the non start issues(fixed by replacing the crankshaft position sensor*bring a friend for help changing*) and now i have a new issue with the top not going down.

------------------------------------------ISSUE-------------------------------------------------------
here is the dirty. Top will not go down. can do manually with no odd sounds or obstructions. have the little switch in the divider fully pressed(extra sure of that) and for extra measure lock all doors and trunk before attempting to lower. I get the usual beep followed by a normal speed light. everything seems fine except my spoiler does not go down.(has not since owned)

after reading the other posts i have moved the spoiler up and down manually to see it it was just jammed and that was not the case. I am getting power to the motor(unsure of the exact power needed) and the light in the cab for the spoiler switch(when it is on) is a constant red glow. so with this could anyone tell me it sounds like the spoiler motor just needs replaces or if there is a trick i can do to just get it to work period to further isolate the problem.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All help is appreciated and i have made sure the battery had enough power.

I hope i have eliminated as much as possible to make it easy for you all and sorry for the how wordy it is.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:30 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Spoiler Motor Problem?

Wordy is good !
Sounds like a spoiler limit switch issue to me.
There is an up limit switch and a down limit switch.
You will probably have to remove the spoiler assembly and use a meter and 12v supply to test everything out :

Old 04-20-2016, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Spoiler Motor Problem?

Hey Awesome! i'll try this out tomorrow and post results