Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Top & Rear Spoiler won't move & indicators lit

Old 04-18-2016, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top & Rear Spoiler won't move & indicators lit

Hello all,

I have problems with my 05 Roadster, I bought it some months ago and everything worked perfectly but after 2 months driving it my rear spoiler started to deploy randomly then all of a sudden it stayed deployed and the switch is blinking since then, also the Check Engine, Brake Wear Indicator, ABS, BAS ESP , Brake indicators are lit.

The Top doesn't go down either, windows go down when I unlatch it but it beeps when pressing the switch. I tried to lower it manually following the instructions in the video from https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...operation.html
but I can't move the rear bow latch even when I try to release the Hydraulic pressure before by pressing the top switch for five seconds or leaving the top unlatched for 10 minutes.

I checked fuses all seems ok, I Just replaced battery, I tried resetting the BAS ESP with the famous left-right-center method, I checked the top switch in the trunk and seems ok.

I don't know what else to do, I really hate I can't enjoy the spring driving with my top down cause I can't even lower it manually

By the way I took the car to two different places to scan and both said they couldn't read the codes, all they got was a message the computer could not communicate or something.

I Appreciate any suggestions and advices.

Old 04-18-2016, 01:15 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Top & Rear Spoiler won't move & indicators lit

You will have to read the code. I had a light come on and went to Advance auto and their cheap reader said it couldn't connect. Went to Auto Zone and it hooked right up. You may try a different place to read the code.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:30 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

So, the car, in an electrical sense, is insane - that is what you are saying. Grab a voltmeter and measure the voltage rigth at the battery with the engine idling. Should be 13 to 14.5 volts.

Shut engine off - it should measure 12.0 to 12.8.

My bet is it won't, and that the battery is bad and perhaps the alternator is weak as well.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:47 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

And I doubt there are any codes to read.

Old 04-18-2016, 03:49 PM

Mmm, I read here it could be a bad battery so I replaced it a week ago with a new one and nothing changed

Old 04-18-2016, 06:24 PM
Forum Regular
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Smile Re: Top & Rear Spoiler won't move & indicators lit

I had some similar issues with my 05 Roadster. Turned out there were several corroded ground connections. Very difficult to isolate. Found a great independent shop owner willing to tackle it. The electrical system is controlled on the negative side, so if a solid ground is not available for the particular circuit, electrons being what they are, will seek another path, which in the Crossfire creates some very interesting scenarios. The wiring diagrams in the service manual is pretty good in showing where the various ground points are located. Good Luck!

Old 04-19-2016, 01:03 PM

Hi Shamrock, it makes sense to me. I will have it checked maybe over the weekend, hope it is the same case as you 'cause I've done pretty much everything I've read in the forum.

Old 04-19-2016, 04:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you ruled out a malfunctioning Relay Control Module or a failed wheel speed sensor?
Deployed spoiler; check engine light; brake, BAS ESP, brake wear indicators - these are all possible indicators of a faulty RCM traction control relay. A failed wheel speed sensor could also cause such symptoms.

Old 04-19-2016, 04:46 PM

Hi Rob M,

After reading your message, I searched at the forum and found a post about it, kind of same symptoms and the user said it was resolved by replacing the wheel sensors. I'll have my 05 checked. Thank you for the advice.

here's the post for further reference.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ed-sensor.html

Old 04-28-2016, 12:22 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ive had the exact problem, still do. I picked up codes c1110, right front wheel speed sensor, put on a new one, same problem. I also had code c1175, cleared both codes, then the c1110 appeared again, so still having same problems. Uggg

Old 04-28-2016, 01:32 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

For the top issue try to locate the switch just above the passenger on the top rail. It goes up and down when the top is released from the windshield. Try loosening and re-tightening the two mounting screws and see if it operates after. That switch can stick and or go bad.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:33 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by blake07
Hello all,

I have problems with my 05 Roadster, I bought it some months ago and everything worked perfectly but after 2 months driving it my rear spoiler started to deploy randomly then all of a sudden it stayed deployed and the switch is blinking since then, also the Check Engine, Brake Wear Indicator, ABS, BAS ESP , Brake indicators are lit.

The Top doesn't go down either, windows go down when I unlatch it but it beeps when pressing the switch. I tried to lower it manually following the instructions in the video from https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...operation.html
but I can't move the rear bow latch even when I try to release the Hydraulic pressure before by pressing the top switch for five seconds or leaving the top unlatched for 10 minutes.

I checked fuses all seems ok, I Just replaced battery, I tried resetting the BAS ESP with the famous left-right-center method, I checked the top switch in the trunk and seems ok.

I don't know what else to do, I really hate I can't enjoy the spring driving with my top down cause I can't even lower it manually

By the way I took the car to two different places to scan and both said they couldn't read the codes, all they got was a message the computer could not communicate or something.

I Appreciate any suggestions and advices.
BAS/ESP can only be read with the DRBIII tool. OBDII won't cut it.

There are just too many codes that bring the BAS/ESP light on to guess. Mine was a wheel sensor and the antilock brake module.

Why can't you put the top down manually?

Old 05-01-2016, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by KDW4Him
BAS/ESP can only be read with the DRBIII tool. OBDII won't cut it.

There are just too many codes that bring the BAS/ESP light on to guess. Mine was a wheel sensor and the antilock brake module.

Why can't you put the top down manually?
Hello KDW4Him,

Thanks for the scanner advice. I suspect my trouble could be the same wheels sensor issue unfortunately I haven't had the chance to have it checked yet.

About the top, it seems the hydraulic pressure can't be released so I'm not able to lower it. I saw in the video the top can be put down by moving it gently but I have tried several times and It does not move so I suspect it's because of the pressure.