Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Car wash story

Old 03-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wash story

While getting a hand wash at the car wash, two people came up to me and said hands down that the X-Fire was more exotic and more beautiful than any Mercedes. This thread is for all you who continue to rag on this car for being too slow and old technology. Put a chip in your car and enjoy a very rare and exotic car.

Old 03-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Default Re: Car wash story

I have to agree! People of ALL ages come up to me and love the car. I love my car and it is fun to drive. Anymore power and I prob couldn't afford the insurance let alone all the speeding tickets I would get.

Old 03-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Forum Regular

Diddo! There isn't a week that goes buy without a praising comment. A week ago I was waiting for my wife in a mall lot and a couple in their 30's knocked on the window to ask what it is and that it is the most beautiful car they have ever seen! I kid you not! They were actually excited. Go figure!
It's nice to hear some good comments.
That's a good thread to start, I'll do that.

Old 03-07-2005, 06:09 PM

Hi,
We get the same response, almost daily,its amazing how people really love the car, most think it must cost 60k !! go figure..
About to add a yellow roadster to the collection...

Old 03-07-2005, 06:42 PM

bought my 04 blk coupe april of last year, three weeks later i drove it from ft. myers florida to indianapolis in. and back. there was not a fuel or food stop where someone didnt start a conversation with me about the car. at that time i knew i had something special. the comments and looks have not stopped coming and i enjoy every minute of it.

Old 03-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Forum Regular

Have only driven mine home from the dealer and parked it in the garage so far but while looking at it just before when I went into the garge for something I said to myself that its the most beautiful car I've ever owned. I'm 53 and have have owned them all from TR6's to MGB's to 240Z's to BMW's to 2 Vettes, New Beetles, Old Beetles, Trans Am's etc. And this isn't meant as a put down to the coupe because thats where it all started but I personally think the Roadster is even more beautiful then how it started out. I'm totally impresssed with the quality ie. fit and finish and workmanship. I'm obviously partial to my colors but I find the Dk. slate and Cedar interior to be an unbelieveable combination. Until my car my dealer hadn't even seen the combination. The dealers are so poorly prepared to sell these cars its amazing. Mine has had the same 2 Roadsters sitting in an enclosed garage for 4-5 months. I told him if he picked the right color combinations and parked one inside the showroom he'd take orders like pancakes at the IHOP. I guess my enthusiasm hasn't worn off yet with real world driving but I think we've got something special here too!

Old 03-07-2005, 11:18 PM

Each of the last three times I have taken mine out, I have gotten comments, questions or a thumbs up, not to mention the number of people in other cars that turn around and stare at it. Isn' it great!!

Old 03-08-2005, 12:44 AM

Every time my wife goes out in the xFire there is someone commenting on the car. Today it was at the bank when a teller spotted her in the car and went out to talk to her. I was in front of a Cadillac SUV at a stop light several days ago that had a woman and her 13 year old daughter in the front seat. In my rear view mirror I could see the woman pointing excitedly at the car and saying something to her daughter. A guy in a Viper pulled along side me on the freeway and gave me a thumbs up. We took the car to the XXX drive in (Last one in the US) and the owner took some pictures to hang inside. The post office and Costco gas line are always popular for the "I wish I had bought one of those" comments.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:47 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a comment on my Crossfire every day I drive it! From admirers! ALL VERY GOOD! oh and I ate a Late Cobra mustang on the 101 fwy the other day! Blew him off at 110 mph!I bet he'll be commenting to himself and Bullseye!

Old 03-08-2005, 05:21 PM

I waiting for bullseye's comment to this thread. Probably be something like. "That's another thing wrong with this car, people keep stopping to tell me how great my car looks"

Old 03-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by buckeyedad42
I waiting for bullseye's comment to this thread. Probably be something like. "That's another thing wrong with this car, people keep stopping to tell me how great my car looks"
Let sleeping dogs lie!

Old 03-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Banned

Or vice versa!

Old 03-09-2005, 12:27 PM

My wife and I drove from NC to MO for vacation. Had fun watching all the broken necks trying to get another look at our ride. We counted over 200 Mustangs (late models only), about 60 vettes, but only 3 Xfires (2 in MO and 1 in NC). Went out in Kansas City in 35 degree weather to wash off road salt and the car wash owner stopped and asked a hundred questions as my hands turned blue. Loved every minute of it. BTW averaged 29 to 32 mpg.

Old 03-12-2005, 09:37 PM

Today really reinforces that the crossfire is a looker. Was driving to downtown Vancouver when a Boxster passes me. The passenger, a women, in the Boxster was craning her neck to get a longer and better look at my Crossfire. Maybe the driver will want to trade up to a Crossfire.

Old 03-14-2005, 04:06 PM

We had a fun episode yesterday, a couple in some suv decided that they had to get past us no matter what, not wanting to race on a smallish road we let them.. amazingly all they wanted was a picture of our car... they went past taking pictures all the time...

Old 03-15-2005, 12:37 PM

I've had several people comment "Is that a Mercedes?" When i say "Nope, a Chrysler.", they say "Yeah, i didn't think Mercedes made anything that beautiful." LOL! Almost those exact words on several occassions. The neck craning is rampant, and i've only seen one other roadster in the cincy area in the 8 months i've owned mine.

Old 03-15-2005, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by CincyRedRoadster
I've had several people comment "Is that a Mercedes?" When i say "Nope, a Chrysler.", they say "Yeah, i didn't think Mercedes made anything that beautiful." LOL! Almost those exact words on several occassions. The neck craning is rampant, and i've only seen one other roadster in the cincy area in the 8 months i've owned mine.
But they're partially correct. It is more Mercedes than Chrysler, and built in the assembly plant where the SLK was built. (But it is still nicer than the 320SLK).

Old 03-21-2005, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by CincyRedRoadster
Make that two in Cincy now. I just bought the wifey an SRT-6 Roadster in graphite. You'll see us cruising the 71 corridor

Old 03-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Forum Regular

Welcome aboard!

Old 04-15-2005, 10:32 AM

Hello, my name RobinT. I’m a marketing representative with the Chrysler Information Center. This is so astonishing to me. I’ve noticed a recurrent “theme” while reading many of the different threads on this site, you guys really adore the Crossfire, and according to many of you the car turns heads everywhere you go, yet so many of you seem to be the only ones in your cities / towns that know about the cars. The general consensus on this site is that the Crossfire is a reasonably priced, great performing, beautifully designed, well crafted sports car that's also the worlds best kept automotive secret. Besides the obvious, what really sold you on the vehicle? Have you always owned Chrysler brand vehicles? Was this your first Chrysler brand purchase/lease? Was it primarily style, performance, function, pricing, a combination of things that first attracted you? I'm really interested in what you have to say. Please post, PM or email a response, I'd love to hear from anyone who’d like to provide an answer…

Robin T.
Chrysler Information Center Marketing Representative
www.chrysler.com
chryslerforum@bbdodetroit.com
1-800-CHRYSLER (1-800-247-9753)

Last edited by RobinT; 05-04-2005 at 07:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Car wash story