Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Hi

Old 05-31-2018, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi

I had something happen to me today that has not happened before. I replaced the battery two weeks ago and decided to take a drive today. I drove about sixty miles and my crossfire spoke to me. The message was HI. I pulled over and looked through the owners Manuel and it said my vehicle was running hot. The temp gauge was normal never showed hot.

I drove ir again and everything was good until I Made it home and the car did not say bye but it said hi again. What is going on?

Thank you for your response!!!ii

Old 05-31-2018, 05:15 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 457 Likes on 321 Posts
Default Re: Hi

Oil level might be to HI
overfilled

Old 05-31-2018, 05:53 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by wallace pruitt
I had something happen to me today that has not happened before. I replaced the battery two weeks ago and decided to take a drive today. I drove about sixty miles and my crossfire spoke to me. The message was HI. I pulled over and looked through the owners Manuel and it said my vehicle was running hot. The temp gauge was normal never showed hot.

I drove ir again and everything was good until I Made it home and the car did not say bye but it said hi again. What is going on?

Thank you for your response!!!ii
Where did you read that the car was hot in the Owners Msnual?

Old 05-31-2018, 06:06 PM

The hi in owners is in section seven

Old 05-31-2018, 06:30 PM

Thank you for the response! I had oil changed two weeks ago at the dealer. Had not driven the car any distance until today. They may have overfilled engine oil.

Thanks for the response.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:37 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

Page 111 tells you about the HI warning light. They may not have completely drained all of the oil or just put more in than they took out. Some people say 8 quarts and some say 8.5. If they didn't replace the filter it would also make a difference. Being over full is not a good thing !!!

Last edited by ZERACER; 06-01-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:14 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

The manual says 8 1/2 quarts. The manual is wrong.

I've had three Crossfires, the first would display "HI" at times on 8 1/2. So I went with 8 quarts. With the second one, I went with 8 quarts every time OI changed it. 72,000 miles on 8 quarts - never saw "HI".

Originally Posted by wallace pruitt
T I had oil changed two weeks ago at the dealer. .
Friends don't let friends go to dealers. For ANYTHING.

Go find a shop known for Mercedes expertise. In my hometown (Cumming, Georgia) a place called "Glover's Garage" is the place to go for anything I cant either do myself or get done at one of our local Tech Days.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 05-31-2018 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:00 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
The manual says 8 1/2 quarts. The manual is wrong.

I've had three Crossfires, the first would display "HI" at times on 8 1/2. So I went with 8 quarts. With the second one, I went with 8 quarts every time OI changed it. 72,000 miles on 8 quarts - never saw "HI".

Friends don't let friends go to dealers. For ANYTHING.

Go find a shop known for Mercedes expertise. In my hometown (Cumming, Georgia) a place called "Glover's Garage" is the place to go for anything I cant either do myself or get done at one of our local Tech Days.
I always put in 8 liters, 8 1/2 quarts is 8.044 liters. No big difference in the two.
I drain the oil with a top sider with the car tilted toward the drain plug and let it drain for a few hours before sucking it out again, no trouble putting in 8 liters.