Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Convertible top not working Bow switch discontinued

Old 08-22-2018, 07:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convertible top not working Bow switch discontinued

Hello all,

Not great at working on cars what so ever but figured maybe someone could give me any tips or information...
while closing the top right before it was complete it slammed shut. I tried opening it again and you can hear the motor working but the sensor will beep and nothing will happen. I have the emergency break on as usual and the trunk compartment latched, not working. Long story short I brought it to the dealship to fix, their computer wouldn’t read the top. They informed me they had to call star and they said it’s the bow switch.. dealship informed me it’ll be $757.00 to fix, then while ordering the part they sadly informed me the switch is now non existent. Car will never be fixed. Anyone have to deal with this or any ideas for me? The thought of the hydraulic system came to my mind but again, I do not know much about cars..

Old 08-26-2018, 06:13 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts
Default Re: Convertible top not working Bow switch discontinued

Originally Posted by Jessiilynne
Hello all,

Not great at working on cars what so ever but figured maybe someone could give me any tips or information...
while closing the top right before it was complete it slammed shut. I tried opening it again and you can hear the motor working but the sensor will beep and nothing will happen. I have the emergency break on as usual and the trunk compartment latched, not working. Long story short I brought it to the dealship to fix, their computer wouldn’t read the top. They informed me they had to call star and they said it’s the bow switch.. dealship informed me it’ll be $757.00 to fix, then while ordering the part they sadly informed me the switch is now non existent. Car will never be fixed. Anyone have to deal with this or any ideas for me? The thought of the hydraulic system came to my mind but again, I do not know much about cars..
Look at the switch and see if there is a makers number on it. This is 99.9% an of the shelf item, what they mean is Chrysler no longer stocks the switch.