Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Centre console question

Old 04-19-2019, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Centre console question

OK, Upfront.
I did a lot of searching, but have not found what I am looking for.
As I have purchased a so called "Exklusive Paket" (looks like a carbon surface) which should replace the silver centre console parts, I ahve started the proces of removing.
- Gear shift **** off (Automatic)
- Radio removed (Went pretty easy, was a surpise :-) )
- 2 screws out
- pulled the centre console plate out.

Next stept is to remove the switch box for the centre console switches like seat heaters etc. (Hope you know what I mean):
According to the manula, there are "just" 2 latches which need to be openened to remove the whole unit.
Been looking at it for a couple of minutes but WTF, where are those 2 latches ???
I have seen 6 or 8 smaller clips, which you can open and you have an opportunity to take a first part out (2 outer switches), but not the full unit.

Anyone has a picture (or more) about how to take off this module?

Thank you

Alwin

BTW:
I have putt everything together again as I want to go for a longer drive tomorrow. Again without the carbon look centre console. :-(

Old 04-19-2019, 02:15 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Centre console question

Originally Posted by Doverhahn
OK, Upfront.
I did a lot of searching, but have not found what I am looking for.
As I have purchased a so called "Exklusive Paket" (looks like a carbon surface) which should replace the silver centre console parts, I ahve started the proces of removing.
- Gear shift **** off (Automatic)
- Radio removed (Went pretty easy, was a surpise :-) )
- 2 screws out
- pulled the centre console plate out.

Next stept is to remove the switch box for the centre console switches like seat heaters etc. (Hope you know what I mean):
According to the manula, there are "just" 2 latches which need to be openened to remove the whole unit.
Been looking at it for a couple of minutes but WTF, where are those 2 latches ???
I have seen 6 or 8 smaller clips, which you can open and you have an opportunity to take a first part out (2 outer switches), but not the full unit.

Anyone has a picture (or more) about how to take off this module?

Thank you

Alwin

BTW:
I have put everything together again as I want to go for a long drive tomorrow. Again without the carbon look centre console. :-(
My quick solution to your problem is to forget about it.

I am in the process of moving all my switches from one bezel to another, this is the third time I have removed these switches, do not forget the plugs as they have to be removed to get just the bezel in your hand. These parts were designed to be put together easily not to be taken apart easily.

The seat heater module is held in with 4 latches two at each end, my photo shows two of these latches just under the silver rocker switch, they have to be pushed in while clearing the undercuts at that end.

The emergency red button and two other switches are in a module that comes out the same way, the remaining two buttons are similarly held in. The photo shows the four latches on the emergency module.
Take out the large wire connector, this is held in by two small bumps on its side which snap into holes in the side of the socket, spring the side of the socket and pull on the plug and not the wires.

A photo shows two smaller plugs and the bumps on them, these plugs are removed the same way.

It is fortunate that I have this all apart, it is tricky that is why I suggest you forget the whole idea.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello and thanks for your feedback

����
But this package with Carbon like parts is made to mamd it possible to Exchange the silver parts.
The Manual is even going with it, all original. Was an extra you could buy at the time of ordering the car or as an Aftersales part.

So, I really have to open up all of the small 6 or 8 latches?

Alwin.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:37 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Doverhahn
Hello and thanks for your feedback

����
But this package with Carbon like parts is made to mamd it possible to Exchange the silver parts.
The Manual is even going with it, all original. Was an extra you could buy at the time of ordering the car or as an Aftersales part.

So, I really have to open up all of the small 6 or 8 latches?

Alwin.
Sorry I thought it was one of those stick on kits.
The seat heater module covers the Emergency button module with its two switches and the other two separate switches. I think you can remove the seat heater module before removing the plugs, just slide the module down the wires. The removal is easier this way.

Old 04-19-2019, 05:51 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Don't forget to REMOVE THE NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE!