Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Is the XF an Ugly car?

Old 06-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Is the XF an Ugly car?

Originally Posted by GERMAICANBACON
The Xfire is a work of art. I think the original version was ugly, but luckily they made the change and I purchased one. Here in Germany people seem not to be able to keep their eye's off of it. It even got to the point I had to tint my windows. I really enjoy the fact that Karmaan, in Osnabruck the place where the Xfire is built, only builds 11,000 a year. I plan to take a trip tommorow there and hopefully be able to watch how they assemble the Xfire.
Please take a LOT of pictures.

Old 06-05-2005, 03:37 PM

I think this car is sexy, sleek and great look from the back to the front. I knew the minute i saw it and sat in it, that i had to own this car. I started the engine and put it in drive and off i went. I own the black coupe but love both the coupe and roadsters. Both have their own special look and feel. I test drove the miata, honda and the spyder, and anticipated the soltace until i sat in the crossfire....wow, no comparison. I love this car! Keep all the pictures posting...love seeing different ones since i don't see many on the road in Virginia.

Old 06-05-2005, 03:59 PM

The XF takes time to appreciate, simply because it is a design outside the box. I just finished reading my AutoWeek from 30 May, and the cover car is a Porches Cayman. Take a look at the rear shot inside the magazine. The fenders are away from the roofline, and run into the rear bumper. The tail lights are large and fold into the top of the fender, and the exhaust, well it speaks for itself.

Was this a blatant copy of the XF, no, but some of the XF styling cues are present...or maybe I am just guilty of wishful thinking.

Remember one thing, what other people think is immaterial. If you like it, and obviously you must since you bought one, that's all that matters. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff (other peoples opinions). Enjoy.

My only problem with the XF are the tailgaters trying to figure out what it is!

John

Old 06-05-2005, 09:01 PM
xfire embrace

Have heard the song "God must have spent a lil more time on you"?

Old 06-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try a crossfire emblem (see my gallery) that really confuses them!

Old 06-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Forum Regular

Like the Coupe love the roadster and the Mercedes is the one that lost the looks battle between these siblings.

Old 06-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dan Root
Try a crossfire emblem (see my gallery) that really confuses them!
I second his idea...the stock gold emblems (esp. on my black with silver trim car) looked beyond tacky from the factory...Thanks to Dan, this problem was solved.

As for likes I prefer only the coupe, and only with the SRT-6 wing. Without the wing, IMO, the rear looks out of place compared to the rest of the car.
I will even go so far to say that if mine did not come with this wing, there's a good chance I might have passed on buying the car...

Old 06-07-2005, 04:44 PM

body style is drop dead gorgeous. Interior is only adequate.

Old 06-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Forum Regular

Body style is drop dead gorgeous but anyone that's seen the Cedar and Dark grey interior of my Roadster has flipped when they've seen it. Name another car with a nicer looking interior other than the Dark grey and Vanilla interior of the Crossfire (but I'm not a masochist)!

Old 06-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by buggy4crossfires
Body style is drop dead gorgeous but anyone that's seen the Cedar and Dark grey interior of my Roadster has flipped when they've seen it. Name another car with a nicer looking interior other than the Dark grey and Vanilla interior of the Crossfire (but I'm not a masochist)!
yeah but only if you're into penguins!

i like the cedar.

Old 06-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Banned
Talking Re: Is the XF an Ugly car?

Originally Posted by respdoc
I second his idea...the stock gold emblems (esp. on my black with silver trim car) looked beyond tacky from the factory...Thanks to Dan, this problem was solved.

As for likes I prefer only the coupe, and only with the SRT-6 wing. Without the wing, IMO, the rear looks out of place compared to the rest of the car.
I will even go so far to say that if mine did not come with this wing, there's a good chance I might have passed on buying the car...
Thanks for the endorsement on the emblem replacements. Let's see how they look.

Old 06-11-2005, 12:15 PM

love or hate is right. It's one of those designs that effect people. some just drool over it, others can't stand it, human nature. I for one love the car the tail end to me is the best part! smooth, sleek, fast... while the front end is upper crust, flashy, and "here I am". the only other car on the road right now that hit me the way the crossfire does, is the new Lotus and that's next!

Old 06-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine's gonna be the Firepower! I love the styling and the interior!

Old 06-12-2005, 10:16 PM

Firepower is cool. I just don't like the line where the hood meets the grill, the arch of the grill meeting the hood and the separation line just turn me off..

Last edited by crossfireguy; 06-12-2005 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:31 AM

I've never had anyone say they didn't like it. Personally, I think the coupe is kind of strange-looking from the back; like the roadster much better. Guess that's why I bought one.

A guy in my condo complex (which is small) bought the exact same Roadster as me. Ran into him the other day, and he said, "Sorry, I copied your car." Heh, me too. I was liking being unique.

Old 06-15-2005, 01:14 AM
Thumbs up Re: Is the XF an Ugly car?

The best view of the XF is the 3/4 panel view from the rear, left or right. From there you can see the prowling stance of the vehicle's design and also appreciate the signature "Crossfire" line angles running towards the front. Both just two of many unique traits of the XF that will continue to stand out from the bland rounded designs on the road today.

2004 SSB/2-tone slate/6sp #1115
San Francisco, California

Old 06-15-2005, 10:03 AM
Banned

Big Dittos!!! On all counts!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Dan's pics(17).jpg (31.7 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Dan Root; 06-15-2005 at 10:06 AM.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:57 AM

I love the tail end! but my most enjoyable angle of the car is looking out the door rear views seeing the bold strong, rear quarter panels and the dope in his lowered g35 running me... putz.

Old 06-17-2005, 08:36 AM
kusheen

Originally Posted by chxf
IMO the rear with its high 'shoulders' is the main trait of any crossfire. If some enviers don't like it, what would they like to have? A rear akin to any other car? Boring!!

The front and the side look like a regular wiener extension (some call such sport cars that way in german.. ). So no big sensation, but the REAR ... that's crossfire. Makes it really unique.

Personally, I prefer the coupe. Same reason as mentioned in previous posts.
I'm on board with this view. The rear end reminds me of the old Chevy Cheetah sports car from the '60's. Side view I don't care for, and I think the hood strakes look a bit too much like a dish drainer.

Color helps this car a lot, I think it looks best in the darker colors...Graphite Grey, Black, and Red.

Old 06-17-2005, 10:46 AM
Banned
Thumbs down Re: Is the XF an Ugly car?

Originally Posted by kusheen
I'm on board with this view. The rear end reminds me of the old Chevy Cheetah sports car from the '60's. Side view I don't care for, and I think the hood strakes look a bit too much like a dish drainer.

Color helps this car a lot, I think it looks best in the darker colors...Graphite Grey, Black, and Red.
The Crossfire has the best looks of any new car in the last 10 years period. Add price to it and it would be 20.

Comparing it to a Lotoy is like comparing a butterfly to a beetle!

And the only cars that come close in looks to a Crossfire are $20k - 30k more than a Crossfire!

Quick Reply: Is the XF an Ugly car?