Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Is the XF an Ugly car?

Old 06-17-2005, 10:53 AM
kusheen
Talking Re: Is the XF an Ugly car?

Originally Posted by Dan Root
The Crossfire has the best looks of any new car in the last 10 years period. Add price to it and it would be 20.

Comparing it to a Lotoy is like comparing a butterfly to a beetle!

And the only cars that come close in looks to a Crossfire are $20k - 30k more than a Crossfire!
Dan,

Your bias is understandable...I've seen the pix of your family in your gallery, and no doubt you think your kids are good looking, too!

And, I never thought of the Lotoy as a butterfly before, but I guess that's a good analogy, thanks! Oh, which Beatle was it being compared to? John, Paul, George, or Ringo. Thank god you didn't call the Crossfire a BEETLE!!!

Old 06-17-2005, 11:04 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Is the XF an Ugly car?

As with talking with most women, you still don't get it the right way!

Old 06-17-2005, 12:30 PM
kusheen

As with talking with most women, you still don't get it the right way!
I think I speak for everyone here when I say 'huh?'

But, I'll tell you what, Dan. And I truly mean this as a fun activity and a chance to meet at least one Crossfire owner in my area to make a new friend with a fellow gear head.

I'd be willing to meet someone with a crossfire for lunch on a weekend, a nice day. We could put our heads together to find a restaurant with lots of foot traffic outside, good parking, and parking in sight of a booth or table in the restaurant. I can off the top of my head think of several dockside restaurants on the Bay that fit the bill.

We'll park our highly polished cars, my Lotus and the other player's Crossfire, equally detailed, side by side. We'll eat lunch talk...spouse's significant others welcome, of course, but we'll watch folks watch our cars. Should be pretty easy to see and obvious which gets the most attention from passers by.

The owner of the car that gets the lesser attention picks up the tab.

A competition between the two cars on the track would be biased unfairly in favor of the Lotus, as you know. But, if indeed the Crossfire is the best looking car in the last ten years, period as you say, then maybe it has a shot.

You're more than willing to make the drive out here for such a challenge, Danny Boy...I have no problem at all buying lunch and fessing up on this board is the Xfire wins. But I'm sure there are some Maryland/NOVA/DC folks that might risk a free lunch...Danny, maybe you know one of the local Xfire owners who would be willing to stand in for you...

Any takers?

Old 06-17-2005, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just saw an Elise on the way out to lunch today here in Chantilly, VA. It was the ugly orange color, but it's quite an exotic looking car. If I had the money to spend on a weekend toy pure sports car, the Elise would be top on the list. Being a huge Toyota fan, I also like the fact that it's running a 4 cylinder Toyota engine. That thing will never die. Comparing the two car even in terms of styling is a bit unfair, because they are styled for different markets. The Crossfire looks like it came from a Gothic Batman type movie and the Elise from a Sci Fi movie. Plus, as long as you love your car, who cares?

Old 06-17-2005, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by crossfireguy
I for one love the car the tail end to me is the best part! smooth, sleek, fast... while the front end is upper crust, flashy, and "here I am".........
Hear, hear!

Being a child of the 1950's and 60's, to me the epitome of the classic sports car is the Jaguar E-type with its' long bonnet and boattail. So, it should be of no great surprise that I have a predilection for the XF. Call it bias or call it school-of-thought, but to me....the XF is the way a sports car should look.

Old 06-17-2005, 07:07 PM
Banned

I've seen Lotoys in the showroom and on the street. They look pathetically small on the road, like 1/2 a car. They weigh in at like 1900 lbs. Sorta like my Insight was, geo metro size! I've never seen two people in one, except at the dealer.
They really look like a black beetle in black and those other great colors lime, orange really classy, and even though I enjoy a good driving sporty car. I'm really not interested in a Lotoy even for 1/2 the price. Not even a test drive.
Too small. I'd spend the $45+ on a real car. Not a light weight piece of plastic kit car with a Toyota engine.

Old 06-17-2005, 09:48 PM
kusheen

I've seen Lotoys in the showroom and on the street. They look pathetically small on the road, like 1/2 a car. They weigh in at like 1900 lbs. Sorta like my Insight was, geo metro size! I've never seen two people in one, except at the dealer.
They really look like a black beetle in black and those other great colors lime, orange really classy, and even though I enjoy a good driving sporty car. I'm really not interested in a Lotoy even for 1/2 the price. Not even a test drive.
Too small. I'd spend the $45+ on a real car. Not a light weight piece of plastic kit car with a Toyota engine.
Mmm....Elise # 4 all around sports car in Road and Track...didn't recall seeing the Crossfire even considered.

Mmm....Elise considered one of the 6 top sports cars in the world by the Robb Report...didn't recall seeing the Crossfire even considered.

Mmm....the Elise's sophisticated aluminum chassis has won engineering awards. Don't recall seeing the Crossfire win any engineering awards at all, although that wing is pretty sick...

The Elise is considered to be among the top performance cars at any price short of ultra super car status.

In fact, I don't recall seeing the Crossfire on any list at all as being considered the best of anything...antiquated hand me down engine, antiquated steering, hand me down interior bits...talk about a kit car!

Varooom Danny Boy, varooom. Go vacuum those sharp AMG mats of yours, they look so cute and must add at least a hp to your car...

Old 06-17-2005, 10:55 PM
Banned
Thumbs down Re: Is the XF an Ugly car?

If I wanted a orange or lime green Kit car, I'd buy one! Good luck with your kidney transplant!

Last edited by Dan Root; 06-17-2005 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:48 PM

Hey Crossfire Fans:

My name is Kelly and I am a Marketing Representative with the Chrysler Information Center. How is everyone doing? Great…from the sounds of it!

I have been reading your shared thoughts on the Chrysler Crossfire. First thing’s first, I would like to congratulate all Crossfire owners. It’s an inspiring beauty!

Secondly, if it’s OK with you, would I be able to join your discussion? I can definitely add comments, and may be able to answer any questions you may have.

I’ll be here, please let me know!

Thanks

Kelly S

Chrysler Marketing Representative

1-800-CHRYSLER / 1-800-422-4797

chryslerforum@bbdodetroit.com

www.chrysler.com

Old 07-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Epyon

Hi, can you tell me what the 2006 and 2007 Crossfire will feature different? Or if they will look different?

Old 07-01-2005, 08:24 PM

I actually loved the concept's look -- it looked mean as all get out plus the power plant was a bit stronger for the more angled look. I love my Crossfire and think that it is the best looking car on the road except when i am driving my 56 Chevy LOL. I have seen a few others in my area now and i say out loud "Damn that is cool". I don't think i will tire of mine any time as i tend to keep cars a long time. I feel the best view is the 60 angle from the rear quarter looking towards the front of the car.

Just putting in my 1 1/2 cents.

Todd

Old 07-04-2005, 04:15 PM

Hi again,

Epyon - Looking through your Gallery, I’m noticing you’re a big fan. Great to see! Is this your crossfire, if so Congratulations! Regarding your question, I currently do not have any information regarding a design change for the 2006 or 2007 year. Information regarding next year's model (2006) should be released later this year. My best suggestion is to keep in touch with us or check out our website and sign up for updates via www.chrysler.com
Going back to sfxfire comments, this vehicle is definitely not a rounded design, however has the aerodynamic build. Help’s improve stability, fuel efficiency, and of course speed.

Let me know if you have any further questions. I’ll be around.

Thanks Again.

Kelly S

Marketing Representative / Chrysler Information Center

1-800-CHRYSLER / 1-800-422-4797

chryslerform@bbdodetroit.com

www.chrysler.com

Old 07-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Banned

Maybe a CD changer and new colors exterior. Maybe? Or a new front grill? Maybe? Or nada.

Old 07-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Forum Regular

Just bump power, thats all! My Jeep has more power stock.

Old 07-05-2005, 12:55 AM
Banned

Hey what!!! I forgot just make the SRT engine in all Crossfires and sell for list instead of 10k off!

Old 07-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And upgrade the SRT6 with the V8 hemi engine!

Old 07-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Banned

SH*t someone always wants more, hah?

Old 07-06-2005, 09:12 AM

its not an ugly car...it looks real wide on the road from the rear. it's just not that fast, but you can't speed that much anyway.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Forum Regular

Well, I just went out and bought a 2005 Roadster yesterday. I've been lurking here for a while, and considering getting a Crossfire and when my wife called me from work the other day and told me her manager was willing to give me a good deal on one (she works at a Chrysler dealer) I thought I'd try one out. They let me take one home for a day or two and I decided I had to have one. I love the looks and how it drives. I went from a 1999 Ford Mustang GT Convertible (which I loved) and even though this car has less HP - it still has some major cajones and gets me where I want to go pretty quickly. Every comment I've heard so far has been really complimentary - people really take notice of it!!! Glad I got it!

Here's some pics!!!

http://home.comcast.net/~nicholas.ca.../Crossfire.htm

Old 07-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Banned

Ssshhh Bullseye will hear you!

Quick Reply: Is the XF an Ugly car?