Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Ecu Upgrades?

Old 01-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Ecu Upgrades?

CUDAMAN, I PM'ed eracer76 yesterday, but haven't gotten a reply. I had read his thread on when he did the install, it sounded pretty simple and sounded like it was a one man job. But I was kinda wondering how he held the flywheel and broke loose the front pulley at the same time unless he had the pan off under the engine. I also wondered about removing the ECU, does it bolt in or snap in with clips, I looked around at the ECU to see how it came out. But since I wasn't ready to pull it yet I didn't want to start pulling the wiring harnesses off just to see.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to jack the thread but I though that this would be a good time to do it...heh.

The ECU reprograms done by either of the companies... do they install new software or somehow alter the existing software on the ecu?

I am asking this because I am wondering if an accidental ecu flash done by keeping your foot on the pedal while the car is on would upset the performance increase?

Also does the ECU reprogram do anything about the red line problems?

Old 01-11-2007, 09:54 AM

Ya know, that's something I really haven't given any thought to. I'd say that would be a good question for one of the big name companies like Renntech, Kleeman or Evosport. As far as what they do to an ECU, I believe they do what they call remapping, changing timing curve, fuel octane, air fuel mixture and things like that. But I'm no expert on this type of technology, I'm a old school hot-rodder.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:52 PM

SIDEZ, since my last post I got with Renntech about the ECU remapping. I was told that part of the process of remapping is to do with the octane of the fuel, I'm told that the OEM program in the ECU is for 91 octane. Part of their remapping the ECU is changing it to 93 octane if it is available in the location that you live. I'm also told that the "resetting or relearning" will possibly effect their remapping program and they recommend not to do the resetting process. So all you guy's out there that has had an ECU upgrade I would not do the resetting process. I would still like to hear from any of the SRT6 guy's out there that have the Renntech pulley & ECU kit on their cars to get some info before I buy one.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vetofunk
Let me know how it all goes. I have seen the results from Eracer and would like to hear yours as well. I am planning on doing the same upgrade in the spring.
Check out this thread to see my mods and latest dragtimes, with no pulley or ECU upgrade, just a little know how and fooling the ECU...

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...t=13591&page=2

Old 01-11-2007, 03:10 PM

Screaminjoe, what kid of ride do you have there? You say 6 speed roadster, is it a SRT6 you put a 6 speed in or a regular roadster you put a supercharger on? Cool idea though, I had already read that thread. I had thought of changing out my antifreeze out with some stuff I seen in Hot Rod magazine called purple something, it was suppose to make your engine run like 20 or 30% cooler than regular antifreeze.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Hellums
SIDEZ, since my last post I got with Renntech about the ECU remapping. I was told that part of the process of remapping is to do with the octane of the fuel, I'm told that the OEM program in the ECU is for 91 octane. Part of their remapping the ECU is changing it to 93 octane if it is available in the location that you live. I'm also told that the "resetting or relearning" will possibly effect their remapping program and they recommend not to do the resetting process. So all you guy's out there that has had an ECU upgrade I would not do the resetting process. I would still like to hear from any of the SRT6 guy's out there that have the Renntech pulley & ECU kit on their cars to get some info before I buy one.
That is not the kind of answer I liked to hear at all...

Also makes you wonder why they cannot answer this question fully their " we do not recommend and it will possibly" are not good hard answers to questions that they should know. and if all the ecu remapping is... is slightly changing the basic preset parameters that is pretty pathetic if you ask me...

Although not largely, but I think the performance will overtime be hindered as the ecu will likely lean towards conservative driving done in traffic and remain unfixable. Also note that the dealer may flash your ecu or disconnect the battery unless you specifically warn him about it... which also is not good.

Hmmm... it would be nice if I knew where to purchase the wiring to connect the ecu to my computer and learn how to do it all myself...

Also if you're interested in reading about SLK32 and C32s with these upgrades check the mbworld.org forums their is quiet a greater amount of activity on this topic there...

Personally I am very interested in getting this upgrade with the pulley set, but I am kinda not sure who I want to turn to for the upgrade Renntech or Evosport.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:08 PM

There is another thread I started in the tech & mod section with a link to the Evosport power package if you haven't seen it. The main reason I'm leaning more toward Renntech is the name and they only require three pulley's to be changed, but with the Evosport power package I believe there are six pulley's plus I don't think you can use your stock belt. I wish I had a friend with a dyno, Inmotion and I have e-mailed back & forth about their ECU upgrades, they are claiming up to 10% increase in h.p. I told them from the research I have done that was impossible without speeding up the supercharger. They got back with me and said they would sell me a pulley kit at cost and do my ECU for free if I dynoed the car before and after the kit installation and gave them the results. But it would probably cost more to have two dyno's done and paying them for the pulley kit than it would to just buy the proven Renntech kit.

Old 01-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Hellums
Screaminjoe, what kid of ride do you have there? You say 6 speed roadster, is it a SRT6 you put a 6 speed in or a regular roadster you put a supercharger on? Cool idea though, I had already read that thread. I had thought of changing out my antifreeze out with some stuff I seen in Hot Rod magazine called purple something, it was suppose to make your engine run like 20 or 30% cooler than regular antifreeze.
I have an '05 SRT roadster auto and I did put redline additive in mine also. See dragstimes.com to see my car, time slips and mods. I currently hold the fastest time.