Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Damn, I love that engine!

Old 12-22-2006, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn, I love that engine!

I'm going on 2,500 miles on my SRT Roadster and I'm loving it even more. My other car is a 2002 Subaru WRX which is also a truly amazing car. It has taken a while to get comfortable with the SRT compared to the WRX. The WRX is all confidence inspiring and is really an easy car to handle. I've never been a "top" speed guy and have usually had more fun in twisties with speeds between 30-45. The WRX just never felt that stable at high speeds.

The tides have turned, I love the engine on the SRT. I look forward to passing at highway speeds. The power is so linear and feels much better the WRX. I do need to watch my speed. Regularly I find myself exceeding 100 MPH without realizing it. Love the sound and love the power!

When I purchased the WRX in 2002 there were not many on the road, I took some pride in finding a sleeper. I feel the same with the SRT. If Chrysler priced these right from the beginning I'm sure the car would still be around today and going strong. No complaint, I like being a little bit different. Originally I was looking at a 3 series BMW, now I notice in my area how prevalent those cars are.

Sorry for rambling, just loving my SRT!

Old 12-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Default Re: Damn, I love that engine!

Ya, the motor is a torque meister and loves to rev. I've had one up to about 130 at the track experience. The more time I spend with it the more I get out of it. My other car is a BMW 750il (V12) and it gets into triple digits in a more relaxed manner but the srt is much more of a thrill ride.

Old 12-22-2006, 07:37 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, these cars would be all over the roads if Chrysler had the pricing in check. But when you take a look at what is underneath you realize why it does cost that much. Luckily I bought mine used which I think a lot more people are doing now. I'm also thankful that Mercedes Tuners recognize this car as well (although their products are ridiculously priced) $3,333 dollars for a set of headers! That is crazy... I could have Kooks build me a set out of stainless for less than a 1/3!

Old 12-28-2006, 03:21 AM
Forum Regular

With a different price point on the SRT6, it could have been a contender. Originally it was priced too close to the Corvette (44K+). New ones are going for 28-30K now, which is where the sweet spot really should have been. They could always make up for the lower profit by selling service contracts or service plans. Those babies aren't easy to work on...