Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

In The Market for SRT-6

Old 01-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In The Market for SRT-6

Hello All,
I am sure this has happened a thousand times, but I am looking for any info that I should be aware of to help me and my wife buy an SRT-6. We will be long term owners, as I have a hard time getting rid of anything (still have my first car, Demon 340), so we are interested in one that we can enjoy for many years to come. I believe in driving and enjoying my cars, and I do my own work, and I enjoy owning 'underdogs' that people do not see every day and surprise those that are unsuspecting or uninformed! There is a good chance we may do HP modifications etc, but since I am from the 'Carbureted' era, I want to do my homework and be sure we get an SRT-6 that is ready for us!! Any info would be great! Thanks!

Troy

Old 01-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: In The Market for SRT-6

From one Mopar guy to another...

Aero Blue SRT-6 with 6 yr/100K warranty

I need to build a shop for my business and to house my hot rod. The SRT is in the way.
It's a shame the 65 Plymouth has to live outside. Please do your part to rescue the twin turbo beast from this life of neglect.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You will not be disappointed with the SRT... for it it's price there is absolutely nothing that even comes close to it...

As for anything you need to know about the car before making the purchase... there is little I can tell you other than things that you most likely are already aware of... like its Mercedes Benz heritage and German production or its depreciation.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Thumbs up Re: In The Market for SRT-6

Depending on weather, I should be going to Eastern Oregon to become the new owner of an SRT-6 in about 4 hours!!! I am hoping I can get back across the passes before the next snow sets in...otherwise my first drive in my new SRT may be quite a test drive!

Does anyone know at what vin# started the '05 model year? I am trying to figure out if this one is an early '05 model...(only has 900 miles on it).

Old 01-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Forum Regular

Is it a coupe and what was your price?

Old 01-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Cool Re: In The Market for SRT-6

It is an Aero Blue coupe (we preferred the style of the coupe over the convertible) for $27K - seemed fair to the market, especially with the miles...

Old 01-19-2007, 11:42 AM
Forum Regular

That's a good deal... You will enjoy your new ride.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Thumbs up Re: In The Market for SRT-6

WE GOT IT! Got our new (to us) SRT-6 back from Eastern Oregon Friday afternoon, and haven't been able to stop driving it since! I find it amazing how many people have no clue what kind of car it is...one of my co-workers thought it was something new from VW...(very confused individual). Now I have Questions
--- Have any other owners had to get duplicate keys? There was only one with the car, and the cover is in pretty bad shape...No manuals either, and NO LUGGAGE! Has anyone out there hunted down these items, or have a better outlet than the dealer??

Old 01-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Luggage and manuals can be found on ebay.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:06 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

You should be able to download the manual. There are two sets of luggage on e-bay with less than 8 hour left to bid. They are rather low right now. You might want to look at them.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Congratulations on your purchase... excellent price! (I'm jealous).

You can download the shop manual. Click here for the thread ... I believe the link is still up. If not, I will host the PDF file on my own site for everyone to download.

I may pull the owners manual and the NAV system manual in and scan it into a PDF form as I can't seem to locate it online anywhere.

Cheers!

Old 01-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DmnBoy
WE GOT IT! Got our new (to us) SRT-6 back from Eastern Oregon Friday afternoon, and haven't been able to stop driving it since! I find it amazing how many people have no clue what kind of car it is...one of my co-workers thought it was something new from VW...(very confused individual). Now I have Questions
--- Have any other owners had to get duplicate keys? There was only one with the car, and the cover is in pretty bad shape...No manuals either, and NO LUGGAGE! Has anyone out there hunted down these items, or have a better outlet than the dealer??
I believe he was referring to owners manuals.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

In that case... I think I'll start scanning those bad boys in tonight... I should be done sometime this summer.

Just kidding... hopefully I'll have all three up on my commercial space by the end of the week.

I may even go in and get all the SRT6 specific pages from the Chrysler site, so we can add that as an Addendum to the 2004 Service Manual.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
Congratulations on your purchase... excellent price! (I'm jealous).

You can download the shop manual. Click here for the thread ... I believe the link is still up. If not, I will host the PDF file on my own site for everyone to download.

I may pull the owners manual and the NAV system manual in and scan it into a PDF form as I can't seem to locate it online anywhere.

Cheers!
Awesome, I've been looking for this for a while now.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Forum Regular

I'm glad you got what you were looking for. These are great little cars. It'll be sad to see mine go.
When I list it on that evil auction site, I'll be sure to have a pic of the SRT badged luggage and the owners manuals. I'll make sure my extended warranty is clearly shown too.
Those things won't bring any more money, but they do make good selling points.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:06 PM

Thank you, Feets for info on your car-it was a toss up between this one and yours, with the mileage being the deal maker...and now I am left hunting for all the nick-nacks! We will keep the car for many years, so it would be nice to have all the articles. I ordered new keys yesterday, and ran the recall history, and almost got a ticket (some kind of record? 4 days and the small town sheriff is chasing me already...I think he wanted to check out the car & he let me off) so I guess our ownership is off and running - now to plan some weekend trips...Hmmm.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Forum Regular

The keys are ordered by your dealer via the Mercedes Benz national key and lock center. They are shipped via FedEx Next Day Air.
I'm all too familiar with the process. I live less than 10 minutes from the key and lock center. When I ordered my spare key, it came from that facility according to the address on the label. It was the exact same label used for our Mercedes keys at work.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:58 PM

Dealer said 1-3 weeks...hopefully it will be sooner, my only key is pretty rough...seems to have a lot more miles than the car!!

Old 01-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Forum Regular

My dealer told me the same thing. When I got tired of the run around, I went to the dealer and they found the key! Imagine that! I showed 'em on the package where it had been shipped the day it was ordered.