Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Would You Still Purchase A Crossfire

Old 01-24-2008, 04:37 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Would You Still Purchase A Crossfire

No issues here/ I'd like to buy a black SRT=6 coupe t ogo with my srt vert.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:38 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FP
YES.......................
ditto...............................

Old 01-24-2008, 04:50 AM
cjb

Of course!
I did read the forum, correspond and talk with members, consider the odds for almost two months, test drove half a dozen other makes...then bought a 2007 Crossfire Roadster SE.
DEE-Lighted!

Old 01-24-2008, 05:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Considering the engineering put into this car and the price, no brainer ! I'd buy another ! Maybe hold out for an SRT next time......

Just my dos centavos

Old 01-24-2008, 05:09 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd of gotten an SRT 6 !

Old 01-24-2008, 05:53 AM
Forum Regular

.......this car is a steal..........look what they want for a slk32.........same car.....different badge on the hood

Old 01-24-2008, 06:05 AM
Forum Regular

I'd buy my SRT-6 again too. I haven't had any real problems. I have been to my local dealer and he does have some Crossfire trained techs.

Last edited by eganders; 01-24-2008 at 06:09 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:36 AM

I have had a few minor issues with mine (still have a hard start issue...)...and I would buy it again, no doubt.

For the money, you get a lot of car.

I did just find a certified SRT-6 Mechanic in my area, so I'm at ease about my service now...just gotta find the time to take it in!

SQ

Old 01-24-2008, 06:50 AM

Another Crossfire? hell ya...

Old 01-24-2008, 07:02 AM
Thumbs up Re: Would You Still Purchase A Crossfire?

Yup,

1) I'd buy my 2005 SSB Ltd Roadster back, if I had the Money & Space.

2) Several Small issues with my 2005 SRT6 SSB Roadster, but I'll keep it Forever & would buy it again & I hope Forever is a long long time.

3) No issues with my 2005 SRT6 SSB Coupe, I love it the Same as the Roadster (in the Winter ) & would keep it forever if I wasn't selling it because of the Mrs. & Garage Space. Also I would buy it again, if things changed!

SF

Old 01-24-2008, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by cgocifer
I'm stuck with the car now for a very long time due to it's horrible resale value and continuing decline in value. I guess I'll just enjoy it.
Did you buy yours new?

If you bought used ($25k or less) i think resale would be great considering how many people are looking for on these forums. The value decline rate has alreay tapered off from what ive seen. Add their rarity and id say they will pull 17-22k for years to come...just my .02

Old 01-24-2008, 08:32 AM

No, but I ended up losing a bunch of cash because I traded a fairly new G35 coupe for it. Those hold value 50% better than the Crossfire. I didn't know how bad things were with resale of the Crossfire when I bought it. I'm nearly upside down on the car and that's never happened to me before. I owe about 17 grand and I can't trade it for that even. Nobody wants the car. BMW dealer told me they wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole because it is worthless to them and to look at a Mercedes dealer possibly. I might sell it on EBAY before things get worse. I also may keep the car until I pay it off in the next year or so just to see what the market is doing. I'm not crossing my fingers though because the same thing happened to the Fiero and Alante when they tanked. I really like the car, I just can't stand the company who is supposed to support it.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Banned

Yes! And after my '04 lease was up I purchased a new '05 SRT6. Better price and brand new!

Old 01-24-2008, 08:54 AM

i will drive my crossfire to its death, so i'm not worried about resale value. this is the first car that i'm actually planning on keeping for a while. usually, i go through a car a year.
not too many sport cars hold their value all that well. the g35 is the exception, by far, in my opinion.
if your really concerned about resale value, pick up civic- you can't lose, but you will definitely snooze, somewhat.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When I first started seriously looking for a Crossfire, (Fall of 04) they had been out for about a year. It worried me that there seemed to be so many available on allot of "brand X" used car lots in my area.
I couldn't figure out why so many "new" Crossfire owners would "bail out" of their cars so soon.
Finally, I decided "How bad could they be, after all they're a Mercedes". Boy, I've learned allot about Mercedes since then.
I didn't even know about the forum until several months after I purchased my car, and I have to say, after reading all the various "issues" some people had with their cars, I may have thought twice before taking the leap.
Again, I rationalized everything I read (here on the forum) simply as, "Where else are you going to hear the most complaints about a certain car, than on a Forum dedicated to that particular automobile?"
That being said, I'd buy another one in a heart beat. I mean, you're getting a Mercedes at a Hyundai price...it's a no brain-er.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:16 AM

But it's not a Mercedes. Hey, I'll call it a Mercedes when I'm allowed to take it to a Mercedes dealership for all my warranty work and be treated like a Mercedes owner should be!! But yes, that's one reason I bought it, we car people know what lies beneath the skin.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cgocifer
No, but I ended up losing a bunch of cash because I traded a fairly new G35 coupe for it. Those hold value 50% better than the Crossfire. I didn't know how bad things were with resale of the Crossfire when I bought it. I'm nearly upside down on the car and that's never happened to me before. I owe about 17 grand and I can't trade it for that even. Nobody wants the car. BMW dealer told me they wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole because it is worthless to them and to look at a Mercedes dealer possibly. I might sell it on EBAY before things get worse. I also may keep the car until I pay it off in the next year or so just to see what the market is doing. I'm not crossing my fingers though because the same thing happened to the Fiero and Alante when they tanked. I really like the car, I just can't stand the company who is supposed to support it.
I'll give you 17 grand for it.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Forum Regular
Thumbs up Re: Would You Still Purchase A Crossfire

not only would i...i did buy another one. i upgraded my ltd roadster to the srt6 roadster. its the first time i ever bought the same kind of car as i previously owned, and i've owned a few. the only issue i have with it is how special they are, and the srt is an absolute beast. fyi i picked mine up in fla with 11k miles on it for $24,500. i added the lexus bumper to bumper gold 3 yr 36k mile waranty for $1,500 for the extra piece of mind.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:15 PM

Had one issue, and fixed it in 15 minutes. So my answer would be a resounding YES.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by ws6vert
I'll give you 17 grand for it.
See what I mean? lol

I'd take 22 for it, maybe.

Quick Reply: Would You Still Purchase A Crossfire