Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

LET Motorsports Pulley Special!!

Old 02-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LET Motorsports Pulley Special!!

Hi Jerry,

Ordered the 181mm pulley kit yesterday. I read about the SL55 CAI and was wondering if I can just purchase the following:
Part # 113 090 01 29 - Y-Pipe with hoses

Part # 113 094 16 82 – Right side intake tube (to radiator support)

Part # 113 094 17 82 – Left side intake tube (to radiator supprt)

My reason is that I don't want to modify the SL55 air box. With the Y-pipe and intake tubes, would it make a big difference? I have the dual K&N air filter in the stock SRT air boxes. Also, can you quote me a price on the above parts?

Thanks

Old 02-25-2008, 07:35 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by tim le
Ordered the 181mm pulley kit yesterday. I read about the SL55 CAI and was wondering if I can just purchase the following:

Part # 113 090 01 29 - Y-Pipe with hoses
you will need some modifications - see Steve Hellums post - he did just that.
Part # 113 094 16 82 – Right side intake tube (to radiator support)

Part # 113 094 17 82 – Left side intake tube (to radiator supprt)

My reason is that I don't want to modify the SL55 air box. With the Y-pipe and intake tubes, would it make a big difference? I have the dual K&N air filter in the stock SRT air boxes. Also, can you quote me a price on the above parts?
Thanks
The SL55 intake tubes wont fit the SRT airbox.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:42 PM

Thanks Brian.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:39 AM
Forum Regular

Thanks Brian.
+1 Brian is the bomb.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:07 PM

It looks like the answer I'm looking for is in here.... I'm not digging for any trade secrets, and no fear, no one will notice anything in these questions anyway. It doesn't involve decals or loud mufflers... As with the rest of the performance minded SRT6 owners, my appreciation that you actually produce something for these vehicles can't be understated. I'm familiar with the type of damper your selling, that is great news to hear.

But that being said...The drive pulley IS balanced prior to attachment to the damper/balancer... True / False ?

My personal preference is to have it balanced if it is not, just need to confirm one way or the other.

Thanks again

Originally Posted by amg-jerry
The pulleys use a mechanical dampener that consists of about 28 internal pieces. I don't want to get into the details of our pulley for obvious reasons. However, I can tell you that they are balanced and tested before shipping. The mechanical dampener works throughout the RPM range unlike the fluid dampened version.

There is no feasible way to balance the pulley as a whole unit other than the internal mechanical balancer.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by parawxman
But that being said...The drive pulley IS balanced prior to attachment to the damper/balancer... True / False ?
True, it is balanced.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:17 AM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Jerry, I ordered the 181 mm pulley. Do you recomend cooler plugs, BKR7EI-11, or will the stock ones be fine, as they have only done 2400 miles ?
Also will I be OK with the stock intake for now, as I intend to replace it later, although I'm not yet sure of what with, as I like the stock look.
Thanks

Old 02-28-2008, 05:57 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by magredvet
Jerry, I ordered the 181 mm pulley. Do you recomend cooler plugs, BKR7EI-11, or will the stock ones be fine, as they have only done 2400 miles ?
Also will I be OK with the stock intake for now, as I intend to replace it later, although I'm not yet sure of what with, as I like the stock look.
Thanks
With you being in Houston, I would recommend the colder plugs. The stock intake will be fine, but a new set of K&N or Green Filters would free up some top end power.

The C32 guys have made some serious power without changing the intake at all. I'm currently using the stock airboxes with K&N Filters and I like the performance.

Here is a list of mods that I consider a "must" and should be done within days of owning the car.

K&N Filters
Sprintbooster
Resonator Delete
Johnson Pump
Baseline Dyno

After these mods are done and if you want more power, I would do the following:

Pulley kit (181 if you are conservative, 185 if you want to go ***** out)
Stage II ECU Tune
Heat Exchanger
Colder Plugs
Plug Wires
Phenolic Spacers
Updated Dyno

And if you want even more power after these:

Headers
Phantom Grip LSD (no power added, but will help with traction)
35 shot of Nitrous with custom tuning
Updated Dyno

Now, seems how I can't get anyone to send me a Crossfire intake for testing on the C32, I can't tell you if you should add it to the list. However, it seems to help on the Crossfire and should be considered.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:08 AM
RPM

LET -
What is the HP difference between the 178mm and the 181mm pulleys?

Thank you.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:33 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RPM
LET -
What is the HP difference between the 178mm and the 181mm pulleys?

Thank you.
The 181mm pulley is brand new and has never been installed before. It is a happy middle from the 178 and 185 setups.

I'm going to assume that 15-25whp will been seen over the 178mm setups. However, one should not expect to throw on a 181mm pulley (stock SRT6) and compete with a Stage 1 SRT6 (178mm, tuning)

Pulleys / Tuning is the key to unlocking all the power of the car.

Comparing apples to apples, the 181 will make more power than a 178mm all day long.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:57 AM
Forum Regular

Just an FYI - We have sold out of the 181mm pulleys twice and have 2 orders with our vendor.

Keep in mind that there is a 30 day wait from the day we receive your order.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:35 AM
Cool Re: LET Motorsports Pulley Special!!

Does anyone know of a place to get this installed in oregon or southwest washington state---live in portland oregon- srt-6 roadster thx

Old 02-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any word on shipment of HE's and other instock goodies(not the pullies)? I placed my order on the 13th and haven't received anything and have gotten no response to my two emails on this same subject. I was told everything except pullies would be able to be shipped in approx. a weeks time after my order was placed. Anybody receive any goodies yet?

Old 02-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Moparrbust
Any word on shipment of HE's and other instock goodies(not the pullies)? I placed my order on the 13th and haven't received anything and have gotten no response to my two emails on this same subject. I was told everything except pullies would be able to be shipped in approx. a weeks time after my order was placed. Anybody receive any goodies yet?
I have no emails that have gone unanswered nor do I have an order placed on the 13th from your area.

We have a phone number and you could have always called if you didn't receive an answer via email.

You didn't provide an order number or name, so as of now I have no way of tracking your order.

The HE's that have been ordered are almost ready to go. We have a Crossfire coming by on Monday so we can add the brackets that are needed to mount them up. The end tanks were welded on this week and we are now at the mercy of a local member that has an SRT6.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:06 PM

i have your order and as Jerry stated, the HE's will be shipping out monday...they are basically done, we just need to check final fitment and needed to wait on a local customer before this could be done...i have everything else in stock and it will be shipping to you as soon as the HE's are done, minus the pulleys...please give me a call if you have any questions...thanks!

Old 02-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Tolas007, check your PM.

MikeR

Old 02-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by amg-jerry
I have no emails that have gone unanswered nor do I have an order placed on the 13th from your area.

We have a phone number and you could have always called if you didn't receive an answer via email.

You didn't provide an order number or name, so as of now I have no way of tracking your order.

I called in my order and sent my emails to Erick; I don't even know who you are. I am very busy during the day at my job and with the time zone difference it's a little hard to call...........that's why I email.

I don't have an order number or any proof other than my conversation with Erick and my credit card statement.

Thanks for the update on the status of shipment(s). I just wanted the info so I know how to schedule the mods for my car as I am trying to get everything here and installed before the 27th of March.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:34 PM

I called in my order and sent my emails to Erick; I don't even know who you are. I am very busy during the day at my job and with the time zone difference it's a little hard to call...........that's why I email.

I don't have an order number or any proof other than my conversation with Erick and my credit card statement.

Thanks for the update on the status of shipment(s). I just wanted the info so I know how to schedule the mods for my car as I am trying to get everything here and installed before the 27th of March.
you are welcome, Jerry did not know that i had taken your order over the phone, so no worries...if you need anything else, just let me know...thanks!

Old 02-29-2008, 05:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those HE's look good. Can't wait to get it.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Forum Regular

where do you go to get a stageII ecu tune?

Quick Reply: LET Motorsports Pulley Special!!