Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

!omg!

Old 02-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: !omg!

I don't know exactly what you mean by led taillights... if its bulbs you are looking for check here http://autolumination.com/ if you want to know what bulb goes where andrew has a thread sticked in one of the subforums that has bulb information.. I don't belive that autozone would acctually carry a decent product with the exception of car wash material and oil, if you are talking about changing the rear taillight housing sure it can be done, but again not in autozone this would be a custom job and would cost a couple dollars...

and please no ricer mods..

Old 02-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
I actually think led tailights that look factory would make the car look up-to-date and classy, but they would need to be dark housing....no rice chrome housing F&F looking stuff.

Id actually pay some pretty good $ for some if the design was to my liking.
I also agree that there should be some LED tail lights available. I searched and found nothing. Again, no ricer mods, just want to bring the car up to date with other modern cars that offer LEDs. That is why I installed HIDs. I went with 6000k for a stock appearance.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:30 PM
She can ride with me ;)

Hey Cyrus, don't let them get you down. It's your car. Do what you want to it.

But I can give you a little bit of advice:

Autozone and Pep Boys aren't gonna have anything that fits a Crossfire, except things that fit ALL cars, like license plate covers and valve stem caps.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cgocifer
I also agree that there should be some LED tail lights available. I searched and found nothing. Again, no ricer mods, just want to bring the car up to date with other modern cars that offer LEDs. That is why I installed HIDs. I went with 6000k for a stock appearance.
It's a shame to say this, but if you look at everything on our car, it is outdated (even if you looked @ it @ 2005 when they first were released).. hell.. even the navigation system... what other car has a navigation system like ours !?

Old 02-26-2008, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by nox1s
It's a shame to say this, but if you look at everything on our car, it is outdated (even if you looked @ it @ 2005 when they first were released).. hell.. even the navigation system... what other car has a navigation system like ours !?
Well, not necessarily true. Many cars including the new 'vettes still have incandescent bulbs for the tail lights. Many cars still don't use projector beams (we have 4!), granted they aren't HID, but those can be added. The rest of the design is, well, timeless since no trends were followed. Cues were taken from the 1930s art deco era, but used in a modern way. It is a design that would look shocking and modern if released today. If it were though, I'm sure it would have more sophisticated lights, controls, gadgets, and yes, navigation system. In-car nav systems are a bit outdated too I might add. Now, you can get a portable one that is more sophisticated and with more options than many of the ones offered in cars for a fraction of the price. Remember when cars came with car phones? Now, I have a cell phone with a nav system that is far better than the one I had in my G35 that I paid 2 grand for!

Also, keep in mind, the Xfire still comes with a very modern wheel/tire combo.

Well, I guess you could say the new Mustangs and upcoming Challenger are outdated as well since the designs aren't far off from how the cars looked 30-40 years ago.

We can keep our cars up to date with minimal upgrades such as adding HIDs, LEDs (if someone would make them), and possibly some electronic gadgets.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:52 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by nox1s
The Porsche, Ferrari and some MB have this radio/NAV. This is really the Becker TrafficPro.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:10 PM
She can ride with me ;)

Originally Posted by FP
The Porsche, Ferrari and some MB have this radio/NAV. This is really the Becker TrafficPro.
Doesn't mean it's any good, FP. I mean, come on, it doesn't even have a display! A lowsy $100 Garmin or TomTom has a display. Not the Crossfire GPS though. That's just plain silly.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Forum Regular

OMG! Who needs a nav anyway.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tom2112
Doesn't mean it's any good, FP. I mean, come on, it doesn't even have a display! A lowsy $100 Garmin or TomTom has a display. Not the Crossfire GPS though. That's just plain silly.
i found the nav to be just about useless in downtown Toronto.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:34 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by tom2112
I didn't say it was any good. I just answered the question; 'what other cars have this nav system?' But having said that, while it doesn't have a nice screen it does it's job. It works for me. Keep in mind I don't use the GPS much in any of my cars, but when I need it, it gets me there.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Angry Re: !omg!

I am sorry if I come accross as a blog basher but If you wanted a car that you could slap PEP BOYS Crap all over as does every punk "tuner" lover you could have saved a bundle and just bought a Toyota like all the other Tasteless Rice junkies out there. You have a opertunity to grow with one of the most stylish automobiles to come out of Germany or any other country as far as that goes.
In answer "No you cant but LED slap on tail lights and when you can I know it will be time to sell off the Crossfires.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:41 PM

OMG???

Absolutely ridiculous title for this post.

Does this really represent the standard of etiquette, and ability to effectively communicate, acceptable to the i-generation?