Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Christmas in October, new goodies for the 6

Old 10-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Christmas in October, new goodies for the 6

Well I have been doing many alterations to try and get additional horsepower across the full rpm range. One key to that is cooling and breathing which produce power in a safe-predictable and consistant manner.

THe Super cooler was to get additional heat out of the intercooler and assist getting a denser charge into the cyclinder. I have shown testing and dyno results of the changes so that you may evaluate them for yourself.

The other power adder that I have been doing lots of testing and dyno runs is the cold air inlet system. By adding a second needswings inlet system I was able to really pickup torque and flatten the curve out to 6000 rpm. This addition uses the same air filter, piping and fits behind the grill too boot. The power and torque go up about 35-45 hp at the 2000 rpm mark. Power at the 6000 range is up 12 hp also.

Now for something that I am really glad to bring forth is that Rob of Needswings can be contacted to produce them for you. I have been doing some independant testing with him and the large high capacity H/E and the double cold air inlet can be obtained from them. Their quality is know and Iam glad to be able to assist him. I get no money for this as you know I love to tinker and this is a healthy outlet for my passion. All questions about availability should be referred to Rob.

Photos to follow, Ill write up more to explain the CAI.2 testing and gains shortly. The dyno testing of the original CAI and the CAI.2 was within minutes of each other. After several pulls to verify the set-up, Dyno results were printed out, and shown on my galary of photos. The math for the changes will also be included to show why it all makes sense.

Enjoy, WOODY

Old 10-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Christmas in October, new goodies for the 6

what is the difference between this cai.2 and the bdj setup that 240 had and just got rid of

Old 10-13-2008, 02:49 PM

Good point and that got me thinking, but the filter inlet is infront of the radiator. I wanted more air, to reduce the velocity in the pipes, to minimize the friction losses ( I measured 30 " of water at WOT with the single CAI), and to feed the throttle body from both directions L- R.

The double input copies the factory double inlet but with colder air and even less restriction overall. I now see only 5" of water vacuum at the throttle body inlet. WOOHOO Better.
240m3srt had the beginning of a better path, now that its been measured, you can see if you wanna go that way too.

Woody ENJOY

Old 10-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOODY WHAT DID YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET THE 3" NW INTAKE TUBE PAST THE RADIATER ON THE DRIVERS SIDE ? THANKS FOR THE INFO. ILLCYA

Old 10-14-2008, 02:36 PM

Using stock Needswings material, I folded the black tuning in to itself, please think of this it is like the smile of a clown, one side is pushed toward the other to make a hot dog roll looking thing (when you view the hot dog roll from the end). Gawd I know that has left me on the short bus........

Then spray the tuning with wd40 to slip thru the passage, it s a bit tight and not round but the intake vacuum falls from 30" of water to 5" on WOT. I have the MIR videos to show this, after I recover. Iam trying to get the motor mount support cleaned up and some wheel adapter made up to put on some 17" wheels.......always something .

BTW the air going thru the throttle body is going about 157 MPH at full throttle.

Hope that helps, Woody