Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Took in for IC Pump, Headlights, and tape.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:40 PM
svo
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took in for IC Pump, Headlights, and tape.

Took my car in to the dealership to have the IC pump replaced....

They called me the next day and replaced my fogged headlights (if you take yours in call it DELAMINATION), the black strip on the Tonneu cover had a crinkle on each side by the door and that has been ordered, but...

the frustrating thing is that they said they coudn't find a problem with the IC Pump - I don't think they realize how much power the car is supposed to have - they said they'd look at it again on Mon.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Took in for IC Pump, Headlights, and tape.

Dang that stinks. Make sure they're driving it? A dead I/C pump will still allow the supercharger to work fine for awhile before overheating occurs and the S/C stops engaging. There have been people, including me, that have actually drove with the I/C pump disconnected for various reasons, and had full S/C power because the overheating hadn't occured yet, and the drive was short enough to where it never occured at all.

Really, driving and having the S/C clutch stop engaging is the only way to know the I/C pump is dead, because a dealer will not hook up voltage lights to it's fuse or anything wild like that. THey don't work creatively like that. They're by the book, which means driving for 10 minutes and seeing if theres a problem or not.

Another thing is you need to make sure they know what the I/C pump is. I've read so many times that dealers don't know what these pumps are because they aren't familiar with the SRT-6, and the service manual calls it an auxilary water pump.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:38 PM
svo
Forum Regular
Default Re: Took in for IC Pump, Headlights, and tape.

So after taking it in for the second time to get the pump replaced I went back the next day and drove the car for about 20 min. to get it heat soaked and went back to the dealership and took a tech. for a ride - THEY FINALLY BELIEVED ME ABOUT THE PUMP - And replaced it!

That was a total of 9 days worth of free rent a car, so I got to keep more than 600 miles off my PT cruiser

I must say the service advisor was completely friendly but I was also very patient and told them time and time again I didn't care how long they kept it as long as it was fixed.