Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

How do it know Chapter 7, part three: Strakes and the care and feeding

Old 04-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking How do it know Chapter 7, part three: Strakes and the care and feeding

Well Well, there are many people thinking of using the strakes for some sort of cooling vent - yadda yadda yadda.
Not gonna happen Semore, there is no passage there and it just wont do it. I got into it because Iam only ahead of about three projects and I dont wanna get to the end any time soon. So I was getting into this for a look see.
Actually started to see if the wheel house will really take a bigger tire in width. It will and that is another project yet. Back to the story line...........

THe strakes are agressive and have chewed into the paint, no a deal breaker for me but I dont wanna give up the model planes to rework lots of paint stuff in the mild weather.

They are removed easily enough by collapsing the plastic trees from the back side which I did with a 7/32 socket to make it possible. Had to pull the washer tank out and that is another thread.

Iam thinking of a mesh stainless grill replacement as I never got off on Flash Gordon looks, though his girl Dale Arden was my teenage Hotte sorta. I figure to leave one Strake off till I get a look that works well and then see if I like the deal or just repaint the ones I have and go more or less factory.
Enjoy the photos and see if there is something of interest for you here, it will be a while to get the look right if it is possible. There are several photos showing the parts for your understanding.......
Monday approaching, and the beginning of another trading day on the exchange , yippie.
Woody

Old 04-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How do it know Chapter 7, part three: Strakes and the care and feeding

nice, I was thinking about dumping the strakes myself,

what about copying the SL mercedes gills. could easily cut them out of card stock for a mock-up.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How do it know Chapter 7, part three: Strakes and the care and feeding

i'd like to have the same 3 strakes on my hood just like on the SLK55's.......

Old 04-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Woody.... what are those silver things in the tube on the table?????

Old 04-28-2009, 04:31 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Wink Re: How do it know Chapter 7, part three: Strakes and the care and feeding

Well mike the silver things are pulley spacers for an improved belt drive system that I have added to my engine. With over a 1000 miles, races, and dyno runs its pretty much ready for release. Seems like it reduces the risk of pulley failure by over 2 to 1. They are stainless and made by some guy per my design that I recommended to Rob. Due out this Season, taa daaa. Woody

Old 04-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about the adjustable FPR paper weight?

Would it not serve a better purpose installed on the car?

(Well mike the silver things are pulley spacers for an improved belt drive system that I have added to my engine. With over a 1000 miles, races, and dyno runs its pretty much ready for release. Seems like it reduces the risk of pulley failure by over 2 to 1. They are stainless and made by some guy per my design that I recommended to Rob. Due out this Season, taa daaa. Woody)

Looks more like a flux capacitor! Anything you need to tell us?