Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Fan speed set to 0, air still blowing out?

Old 11-06-2009, 07:37 AM
Received 430 Likes on 368 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Fan speed set to 0, air still blowing out?

mikep330, Our problem involved a faulty ac/heat control head. It is a complete unit with the ***** and dials in the center dash. The symptom was erratic or no fan at various fan speed positions. Your problem sounds like you have a problem at the fan (from what you said). It might be something as simple as leaves or paper in the fan cage. It should be pretty simple to open up your passenger side kickboard, and remove the fan assembly to check out the fan motor and cage. If you have a warranty (without a deductable) just make an appointment with any local chrysler dealership. If you have a deductable or no warranty, go ahead and drop that passenger side kick panel under the dash (there are a number of screws, so my local XF expert told me, I haven't yet taken that out (yet). It should be only a couple of screws to drop the flat plate the fan and fan module is on, and then you can inspect/remove anything inside the plenum (inside of the fan box). If it will let you, you also can reconnect (if nothing was visible in the fan or plenum) the wiring and run the fan to try and locate the noise (make sure you have nothing dangling into the fan cage or it'll wrap it up or possible damage you or something in the area). Come back and let us know how your doing, if you need the location or more instructions, there are bunches of folks here willing to help. GOOD LUCK!

Old 11-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Re: Fan speed set to 0, air still blowing out?

Originally Posted by mikep330
I am a little confused what is the fix to the problem? My fan just took on a wired noise I am afraid to use it.
Funny I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Read everything again and found, "They replaced the ac/heat control unit today and it fixed the fan speed problem."

That's the fan speed problem fix. You sound like you have the fan noise problem.

Last edited by tighed1; 09-20-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I do have a fan speed problem. When I turn on the fan to the lowest setting or the first setting it blows at full speed. then sometimes when I turn it to the off position the fan would keep blowing. At first (about a year a go) it happened only when i turned on the ac now it happen when I turn on the heat. Last year the heat was working fine. I wish I was under warranty. I have on 04 with 75,000 miles. It my every day ride.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:58 AM

Should this be a recall? Many crossfires have this problem. Chrysler needs to step up

Old 11-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Angry Re: Fan speed set to 0, air still blowing out?

If your fan speed is all whacky, it is the control unit center dash. They are very expensive. Replacing it is a simple process, but getting one that works cheaply, is a gamble and a pain in the butt. Outside of warranty, I would suggest you try to find a Mercedes Benz compatable part (new or used) that works. I say this because chrysler parts for these cars are quite the ripoff. Good luck!

About chrysler and a recall of the parts that are consistantly failing, or a class action lawsuit? I have found in the last almost 4 months, when it comes to the crossfires and one or two acquisitions ago, they seem to not care. I suspect they have the same attitude with many of their other vehicles in regards to inbred problems with parts, and cars in and out of warranties. If they have to pay for it (corporate chrysler) your going to have a fight. My best advice is to find a dealership that cares (few and far between). They are the ones willing to go that extra mile, for their customers. That said, their parts are very expensive!

Old 11-08-2009, 06:21 AM

Thanks GraphiteGhost and everyone. Will the center control panel for the mercedes slk work? It looks very much a like.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Post Re: Fan speed set to 0, air still blowing out?

mikep330, I think some of the slk320 parts are compatable but which ones are a mystery to me. Maybe someone else in the forum might be able to help. I wrote down the numbers off my old ac/heat control head they are;

Bosch: 9 140 010 524
Chrysler: A 193 830 00 85

I hop this little bit of information helps, but maybe more experienced folks here can help better than I.

Old 01-26-2020, 02:10 PM

I've got the same problem with mine I don't know what the solution is

Old 01-26-2020, 02:15 PM
Administrator
Received 903 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael 1963
WHAT problem?

At least three issues were discussed in this thread.

Old 01-26-2020, 02:25 PM
Received 585 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael 1963
This thread is ten years old and solutions have since been found for these problems and are explained in greater detail.
See my signature Index .... for more help.