Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Would a blow off valve work?

Old 10-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Would a blow off valve work?

90 percent of you guys really really really need to just look at a turbo car and would realize how it wouldn't work lol

this thread really made me sad about the knowledge of people in this community...

the main reason why a BOV is in place is to protect the turbo from air being pushed back into its turbines... if you close the throttle during a shift and the air bounces back into the turbines still pressurizing boost what do you think would happen?

If you realize where your throttle is on the crossfire and where the air actually gets pressurized you would understand that there is absolutely no effective way to make this work.

i am seriously disappointed. I thought you guys were old and knowledgeable.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tamadx
90 percent of you guys really really really need to just look at a turbo car and would realize how it wouldn't work lol

this thread really made me sad about the knowledge of people in this community...

the main reason why a BOV is in place is to protect the turbo from air being pushed back into its turbines... if you close the throttle during a shift and the air bounces back into the turbines still pressurizing boost what do you think would happen?

If you realize where your throttle is on the crossfire and where the air actually gets pressurized you would understand that there is absolutely no effective way to make this work.

i am seriously disappointed. I thought you guys were old and knowledgeable.
Lol how do you figure?

Worked fine on my car, and I didn't notice any loss in performance!

Old 10-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking Re: Would a blow off valve work?

Please share with us how you specifically connected this to the crossfire so we can better understand it, thanks. Woody

Old 10-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
best response yet.
a S/C is spooled up by the engine and thus requires a lot of force to keep it in the correct boost psi. a turbo is spooled up by the exhaust gases and therefore the engine is working the same amount whether the turbo spools or not, this is why the BOV is used for turbo applications to keep from overboosting the engine.

If you really want a BOV spend $10,000+ and let Eurocharged turbo your SRT-6.

my $.02
the wastegate is what stops the turbo from creating too much boost by opening a diversion port in the exhaust to go around the turbo's exhaust wheel.

a blow off valve is there so that when you are shifting gears and you momentarily let the throttle plate close the pressurized air has a place to escape (out the blow off valve / pressure release valve) instead of being slammed into the closed throttle body and backfeeding the pressure to the turbo which wants to keep spinning forward. that is on a blow thru TB designed car where the inlet (compressor) side fo the turbo is BEFORE the throttle body

Old 10-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kolevski
Lol how do you figure?

Worked fine on my car, and I didn't notice any loss in performance!
on your srt6? or on a turbo'd car you own?

Old 10-23-2009, 01:20 AM
Forum Regular

Sorry fellas I got my information wrong,

What I had on my SRT for a short period was not infact a BOV but rather a By Pass Valve, my brother in law said it works like this

1. When you are NOT accelerating (foot is not on the throttle) the valve is OPEN

2. When you hit the throttle the valve would CLOSE

thus when the car was ideling or no throttle was applied you could hear a slight whistle, when you hit the throttle NO SOUND, when you release the throttle you get a LOUD gush of air (similar to a BOV) then it would resume to a quite whistle.

Now the way this was connected is as follows

Most of you have NW's CAI so Imagine drilling a hole in the NW CAI pipe now in that hole one of the "by pass valves" hole fits the hole you made in the pipe then the other little tube comes from the engine into the "by pass valve'" like a little vacume tube.

I hope I've explained it right, any questions or comments? fire away!

Old 10-23-2009, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
the wastegate is what stops the turbo from creating too much boost by opening a diversion port in the exhaust to go around the turbo's exhaust wheel.

a blow off valve is there so that when you are shifting gears and you momentarily let the throttle plate close the pressurized air has a place to escape (out the blow off valve / pressure release valve) instead of being slammed into the closed throttle body and backfeeding the pressure to the turbo which wants to keep spinning forward. that is on a blow thru TB designed car where the inlet (compressor) side fo the turbo is BEFORE the throttle body
I stand corrected...

Old 10-23-2009, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by kolevski
Sorry fellas I got my information wrong,

What I had on my SRT for a short period was not infact a BOV but rather a By Pass Valve, my brother in law said it works like this

1. When you are NOT accelerating (foot is not on the throttle) the valve is OPEN

2. When you hit the throttle the valve would CLOSE

thus when the car was ideling or no throttle was applied you could hear a slight whistle, when you hit the throttle NO SOUND, when you release the throttle you get a LOUD gush of air (similar to a BOV) then it would resume to a quite whistle.

Now the way this was connected is as follows

Most of you have NW's CAI so Imagine drilling a hole in the NW CAI pipe now in that hole one of the "by pass valves" hole fits the hole you made in the pipe then the other little tube comes from the engine into the "by pass valve'" like a little vacume tube.

I hope I've explained it right, any questions or comments? fire away!
you are ******* retarded!!! no boost runs though the intake dumb ****! argh!!

sorry for freaking out and calling 90% of this forum dumb but i am sticking to this guy who not only has no clue what he is talking about but once he thought he was right he tried calling me out on it....

argh... i know its just the internet and not every one know everything about cars i know i sure have more to learn.... but dont spread STUPID bogus FALSE information about something you havent even the slightest clue about on this forum!

Old 10-23-2009, 12:09 PM

wow, mostly i'm surprised i just saw the word "f***ing" without it getting asteriked out...impressive.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:01 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by waldig
Please share with us how you specifically connected this to the crossfire so we can better understand it, thanks. Woody

Fake Turbo Blow Off Valve Sound

Old 10-23-2009, 01:10 PM

the whistle tips go woo woo

Old 10-23-2009, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
the whistle tips go woo woo
LOL!!!! "people are complianing its too loud in the morning"

"thats bogus! they should be up makin breakfast or some ****!"

the wistles go wooo woooo!

Old 10-23-2009, 03:21 PM

LOL!!!! "people are complianing its too loud in the morning"

"thats bogus! they should be up makin breakfast or some ****!"

the wistles go wooo woooo!
YES!!!!!!

For those of you who don't se habla whistle tips. I give you the video:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSOSJ68xOBA[/MEDIA]

...and yes I know this is old, and I know it's probably been posted a thousand times.... BUT IT NEVER GETS OLD.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Forum Regular

LOL that was really funny i actually laughed out loud. How old is that report early 90s? Anyone here have a copy of Forza Motorsport 3? The SRT6 is in the game, Great simulation, you can extensively modify it and go on real world tracks, 1/4 and even throw a AWD system into the car, its nuts, if you have a Xbox i suggest you get a copy

Old 10-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Forum Regular

sorry for freaking out and calling 90% of this forum dumb but i am sticking to this guy who not only has no clue what he is talking about but once he thought he was right he tried calling me out on it....

argh... i know its just the internet and not every one know everything about cars i know i sure have more to learn.... but dont spread STUPID bogus FALSE information about something you havent even the slightest clue about on this forum!
Okay RETARD explain this, this is the car the by pass valve came off I never got a chance to get a picture on mine but this vehicle is a 4LTR Straight 6 supercharged, was running around 6 - 7 psi boost.

I think the only retard here is YOU.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
by pass.JPG (54.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 10-23-2009, 06:45 PM

LMFAO! That is the first time I ever saw that video. The best part is at 1:49 when they almost side swipe another car and then run a stop sign!!! Classic!

Old 10-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

DAAANGGG..... Don't hold back....Tell us how you really feel. Did someone **** in your Wheaties this morning genius?

Old 10-23-2009, 09:23 PM

Laecedaschoon-\
See my thread from a couple of days ago complaining about Forza 3
ALSO:
Did you end up finding out about that tune?

Old 10-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Forum Regular

Hey Dylan

No i didnt see your thread on FM3 im going through it now though.
As for the speed ratings i never really buy into it, ive made the 6 faster with a worse speed rating. Race the c32 u will beat it. Try this. Convert to AWD, adds on 100kg and it lowers your class level substantialy. Add some power mods to the same class level it was stock and u will have a faster car with better handling

Originally Posted by aussiedude
Laecedaschoon-\
See my thread from a couple of days ago complaining about Forza 3
ALSO:
Did you end up finding out about that tune?

Old 10-23-2009, 10:04 PM

Yar, of course you can mod it to the same level. Just disappointing that hey don't bother to get things even roughly correct from the outset. Also the several obvious model innacuracies that could have been avoided by just looking at a PHOTO are not something that the Gran Turismo guys would have done.

Quick Reply: Would a blow off valve work?