Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Went Racing Last Night!

Old 04-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went Racing Last Night!

I went to the drags last night and I have to say I'm pretty happy.

On the morning of the drags I disconnected my battery because I had to put the battery holder on, (last time they told me if I dont have it on I will not be allowed to race) so from what I know that would have cleared the ECU.

anywho I decided to leave the car completely stock as to how I drive it everyday to see what it can do, 20" wheels, both seats, subs in the back. btw my wheels are really heavy especially to rears with the big rubber on them.

My first 2 runs were 12.7xxx I was abit worried at this stage, then I got a 12.501 followed by a 12.44. So its fair to say my ECU had began it's adaption process, I think the car had more in it but my friend had enough and wanted to go

so all in all I'm really happy, I'd love to see what it would do with drag radials, no passanger seat, and minor exhaust work!!!

Old 04-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Went Racing Last Night!

And another interesting event on the night was one of the event photographers took a keen interest in my car, at first I thought he didn't know what he was talking about for the fact that he thought my car was turbo (even though it whines like crazy down the track lol) but other then that he seemed very knowledgeable, he asked me to show him my dual cai, he said although its good there is a floor in it, he used a straw as an analogy he said "imagine sucking a short straw and see how easy you get air into your mouth or sucking a really long straw and see how much harder it is" he said if possible if I made the intakes shorter by atleast 50% and somehow managed to get cold air to it OR block them into a box so no hot air gets to them that the car should be atleast 2 tenths faster.

He also suggested the use of methanol when I explained that I had it but wasnt happy with it, he said another idea would be to use methalated spirits and water 50/50 mix and spray them at the very start of the cold air intakes, he said that will act as super cold air being charged into the s/c & it will generate alot more velocity opposed to spraying at the throttle body.

He admitted his knowledge comes from building turbo cars but he said the principals are the same.

I cant say I agree or disagree with him, I have a lack of knowledge when it comes to mixing science with cars, maybe some of our forum bright minds can chime in

Old 04-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice runs, looks like the tune is working out pretty well for you ... I agree with the idea of running the car how you drive it around town if you're wanting to see how it does in a street race ... changing wheels, taking out a seat, etc. defeats that purpose anyway

Old 04-18-2010, 05:56 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by billvp
nice runs, looks like the tune is working out pretty well for you ... I agree with the idea of running the car how you drive it around town if you're wanting to see how it does in a street race ... changing wheels, taking out a seat, etc. defeats that purpose anyway

Thanks billvp, thats exactly what I wanted to see its fun striping the car down and getting an amazin time, but its important to see what the car does under normal conditions! and the tune does seem to be getting better and better every day