Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

"New Tune, Results"

Old 05-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "New Tune, Results"

I was excitied to get my ECU back today and threw everything together. I started it and all seemed fine, but when I put my foot on the pedal, it coughed. Was a bit perplexing, but thought it just needs a second. Anyway, I stagger it out of my shop and pull it into the front driveway, and check engine light pops on. I take it down the road to Autozone, had the codes checked and came away with a printout of P0108. I searched and most have gotten this from too much boost. I have a 65mm pulley so seriously doubt that is my problem. I can only guess that I have a vacuum leak, somewhere. Why it showed up now is hopefully a coincidence. I know one of the smaller covers on the valve covers was blowing some oil residue on the face of the covers, so some Ultra Black RTV will fix that.

Is our MAF on our throttlebody? I couldl attempt to clean it with some alcohol, being that I could get to it. Ideas are welcome and incouraged. Thanks

Old 05-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: New tune, and throwing codes

That code is generally an overboost code but it could also be that the sensor is going bad. As for cleaning the MAF, no need to worry about it as we don't have one. Only the N/A's have MAF sensors. Also, you may want to check the connectors that plug into the ECU. If you just plugged it back in and it's running rough, you may have pin or two that didn't seat properly and at worst case, a bent pin on the ECU. Check for both and post what you find.

Good luck and take care

Old 05-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by goodgenes79
I was excitied to get my ECU back today and threw everything together. I started it and all seemed fine, but when I put my foot on the pedal, it coughed. Was a bit perplexing, but thought it just needs a second. Anyway, I stagger it out of my shop and pull it into the front driveway, and check engine light pops on. I take it down the road to Autozone, had the codes checked and came away with a printout of P0108. I searched and most have gotten this from too much boost. I have a 65mm pulley so seriously doubt that is my problem. I can only guess that I have a vacuum leak, somewhere. Why it showed up now is hopefully a coincidence. I know one of the smaller covers on the valve covers was blowing some oil residue on the face of the covers, so some Ultra Black RTV will fix that.

Is our MAF on our throttlebody? I couldl attempt to clean it with some alcohol, being that I could get to it. Ideas are welcome and incouraged. Thanks
unplug and replug all your wire harnesses to your ecu.

Old 05-30-2010, 12:09 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
unplug and replug all your wire harnesses to your ecu.
yep..this should fix it. I have heard of many people having this issue due to the plugs not being "seated" correctly.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Forum Regular

well I have unplugged and reseated all connectors, rtv'd the breather covers, and replaced a split hose. I have not started it or run it yet, until the rtv is cured. I am very curious if it is fixed. I was so happy to get the ECU back and now I can't drive it. The RTV says 24 hours to cure. I put it on about 6:00pm yesterday. Arggg. I just want to run it to see if things are right.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Forum Regular

Everytime I go pop my hood, it starts raining. This weekend has sucked for getting anything done. I started the car and it is still running like there is a vaccuum leak. push the gas and it chokes. I haven't had this problem since working on Carburators.

I am starting to wonder if I working on my intake has torqued the throttlebody too much causing a leak. I went to tighten the aluminum screw for the breather and popped the heads off of two of them, so maybe there is my leak. I am getting fed up quick like.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: New tune, and throwing codes

U don't tighten them U torque them with wrench. I phone woody

Old 05-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Goodgenes,
you may have a break in the gasket between the TB and the line pipe(back end of SC). That gasket is two pieces of metal embedded in hard rubber and adapts the TB to the SC. It can separate at one of the metal plates and leak air. I know........ You have to be careful when you take the TB off and on so you dont torque that gasket and start it splitting....... Just another thing for you to check....

Old 05-30-2010, 07:38 PM
Forum Regular

My car has been sitting without an intake and negative battery cable off. I went out and pulled all the harnesses off again (third time) and reinstalled them, attached cable, and started car. I wanted it to get to operating temperature, and listen for any leaks. I put my thumb over the hose that attaches to the intake and there was quite a bit of suction pressure, so I am thinking that everything is sealed as it should. I install the CAI and let the engine pressurize. The throttle response is there, not choking, so I take her for a pin around the block and absolutely no problems. It is hard to really tell the difference in the tune right now but it does feel a bit smoother, and carries the ger out longer. I will get a chance to try her out more, when I am sure that all is clear. I am not sure what the main problem was, ECU not seated, pressure leak from valve covers, PCV hose not connected to intake for a couple of days; it seems to be in order now *crosses fingers*. Thanks for everyones help and I will give a better update when the weather clears up.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Forum Regular

Well I thought I would update a bit. The car is running fine, without any codes or problems. I am just not sure what to expect from the tune. I had a couple of runs from a dig, down in Mexico, with a suoped up mustang and a C6 z51 Vette. The mustang was no problem as I was beating them with few mods, but I thought I would kill the vette by more than just half a car length, fender if you will. Should I be worried something is still not right? It was a nice day 75deg DA was about 2000. I ran said vette on highway and he pulled on me. I need to find out if it has a tune but as far as I know it is stock, 6speed with a catback.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: "New Tune, Results"

UPDATE: My car has been running well since wverything went back together. Not sure if it was the numerous reseating of the ECU or the resealing of upper valve covers. Having broken a couple of the aluminum screws for the valve covers, I was wondering what the size of these are. I think I am getting a slow vacuum/pressure leak, and need to replace these with reliable bolts. If my car seats for a couple of days then it has a slight stutter when I fire it up. Once the car is warmed up and pressure is back to normal then it drives fine. I may be diagnosing wrong, and will see how the plugs look when I change them this weekend; so if anyone has any info, advice, and the size of the upper valve cover bolts, all would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

Old 07-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by goodgenes79
Well I thought I would update a bit. The car is running fine, without any codes or problems. I am just not sure what to expect from the tune. I had a couple of runs from a dig, down in Mexico, with a suoped up mustang and a C6 z51 Vette. The mustang was no problem as I was beating them with few mods, but I thought I would kill the vette by more than just half a car length, fender if you will. Should I be worried something is still not right? It was a nice day 75deg DA was about 2000. I ran said vette on highway and he pulled on me. I need to find out if it has a tune but as far as I know it is stock, 6speed with a catback.
C&D had an '09 Z51 trapping at 117mph (and R&T had it trapping at 116mph), so it's not surprising that it pulled on you.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by billvp
C&D had an '09 Z51 trapping at 117mph (and R&T had it trapping at 116mph), so it's not surprising that it pulled on you.
Ask cross><hair, he just picked up an '08 or '09 C6 Z51 in place of his Caliber SRT-4 which replaced his SRT-6. I'm pretty sure he loves it.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Forum Regular

Anyone know the bolt size of the easy to snap bolts holding small valve covers on? I am in need, thanks. I have read it somewhere but cannot come across it again in my searches.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

They are an M6 but I couldn't tell you length. Hope this helps

Old 03-19-2014, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry but I don't well understand the solution you have done for fixing this problem...

I still have the same problem - P0108 after full throttle.

My setup is : 181mm pulley, DCAI, 255 walbro pump, tweaked manifold, speedriven IC, tune.

I've already changed the sensors : air pressure sensor, intake air senso. The P0108 came back...

Possible causes :

1) Problem with the ECU harness?
2) Do you think it could be a leak between the throttle body and the supercharger ?
3) My IAT are very high around 195°F. Do you think it could be the cause ? (P*V=m*r*T, P=m*r*T/V if the temperature increases so the pressure will increase too...).

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Last edited by Julio77270; 03-19-2014 at 11:23 AM.