Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

TPMS, CEL, and various other problems Related... and solved

Old 09-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS, CEL, and various other problems Related... and solved

Hi guys new to the forums just bought my SRT6 from Car-Max like 3 weeks ago.. I am very happy with the car i love it!

Here is the issue when i bought the car the TPMS light was on and under wide open throttle Ii get CEL light come on and then go away after 2 days.. Car-Max has a 30 day bumper to bumper warranty when you buy thier cars and thier service dept in orlando is top notch and very knowledgeable (it makes sense because they work on so many different makes and models) .. Any ways i have read so many posts saying that the TPMS light keeps going off for no reason and sll sorts of workarounds and temp fixes that may or may not fix the issue. their tech found out what the problem was and they are related they had 3 crossfires with the same issues (multiple misfires throwing a CEL signal, wipers go on and off with no reason, various warning lights go on and off with no codes, etc...), and all needed the same part replaced. the problem is the "Fuse Relay Module" Mercedes partno. A 170 545 03 05 and what seems to be Chrysler part no. 1-05099007AA ...

Any ways according to the tech he told me this module controls the TPMS, Oxygen injector pump, super charger pully clutch and a bunch of other things.. and when it fails you get all sorts of weird problems with no easy way to fix them. Many dealers replace the items the code is talking about but the problems come back.. sooooo he changed this part and all of the issues i had went away... my supercharger even works a little bit longer before it cuts off... thats another issue they check the ic pump and it was working but had the bright idea to check the flow rate and it was working at 30% of the flow rate so they also ordered that part and will be replacing it for free ..

so luckily for me the 30 day warranty saved me $350 for the fuse relay module and $450.00 for the IC pump replacement .. those are Car max service prices any ways...

let me know if this helped any one with thier dealer and phantom tpms issues and/or what not

Old 09-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: TPMS, CEL, and various other problems Related... and solved

What you are calling "Fuse Relay Module" is the Relay Control Module(RCM)..... 05099007AA is the part number listed in the Crossfire Parts Manual....

You can change this part yourself in about 5 minutes... it can be the root cause on multiple issuses.... including.... not starting..

Old 09-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeR
What you are calling "Fuse Relay Module" is the Relay Control Module(RCM)..... 05099007AA is the part number listed in the Crossfire Parts Manual....

You can change this part yourself in about 5 minutes... it can be the root cause on multiple issuses.... including.... not starting..
there you go...I don't know where this part is located but they did it for free and fixed all the issues...

Old 09-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

just FYI, it is located in the box next to the battery with the ECU(Powertrain Control Module) and Body Control Module.....

Old 09-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Could this relay be the issue that my TPMS icon has been lit for the last two years on my roadster? Tire pressure checked and balanced on all four. Nothing else wrong, no CELs, and everything works as it did when new.