Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Srt6 advice guidance and thanks

Old 10-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Srt6 advice guidance and thanks

Ok so I'm about to buy a Srt6 in black. Long as everything looks good. Any good advice what to look for?
Big question is what are the best and most performance upgrades available or company that makes so e stuff? Love the car but I like to mod. I'm trading in my Mitsubishi Evo X so I come from a car that has lots of options.
If any good custom srt6 on the forum so post here I love some I spiration.
Lastly I know to search I've been on many forums, just looking for input and advice from the vets. Thank u and like the chill atmosphere on this site.

P.s.
My dream car at moment is a Viper srt10 but buying a house first so that's why I went with another Chrysler product, even tho has euro in it. But a car that I like made by a brand I can't stand is the S2000 and I was thinking of getting into that also, any thoughts please share thanks.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Srt6 advice guidance and thanks

Some of the more common performance mods are Dual CAI, supercharger pulley and or crank pulley, custom ECU tune, performance intake manifolds, custom exhaust with cutouts, separated cooling system, ported polished components, and a LSD that is currently in production. A search on these items will fill days of your spare time. A good place to start looking is one of our premier vendors Performance auto parts & aftermarket auto accessories for your car, specializing SRT4, Crossfire SRT6, SLK32, C32 AMG, VR-4

Old 10-21-2010, 10:43 PM

Thanks for the stuff, now I don't think I would do a whole lot but I would like to get some good quarter mile times.
Now would you guys consider the Crossfire a good handling car and is the interior really up to par. As u can see even tho I'm going to check out the car Sunday, a deal for a s2000 is still in play but I need ya to help keep my head straight.
Lol
S2000 are good looking cars and good handling, but I kinda want the luxury and performance and rareness also.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Whodizking
Thanks for the stuff, now I don't think I would do a whole lot but I would like to get some good quarter mile times.
Now would you guys consider the Crossfire a good handling car and is the interior really up to par. As u can see even tho I'm going to check out the car Sunday, a deal for a s2000 is still in play but I need ya to help keep my head straight.
Lol
S2000 are good looking cars and good handling, but I kinda want the luxury and performance and rareness also.
As you can see from my signature in my previous post, I am running 12.2 in the 1/4 with just a single CAI, tune, and SC pulley. Several members are in the 11's. The body and interior were assembled by Karmann, and the engine is a hand built AMG. The car is basically a Mercedes SLK32 AMG with a Karmann body. The seating is a combination of leather and Alcantara. The rest of the interior is tight and well constructed. You will have to make the final determination as to whether you like the quality ofthe interior. The SRT-6 is used for drag racing, Auto Crossing and Road Courses and is very respectable in all of them. Many to include myself believe that the car is the best bang for the buck on the market today. An S2000 does not even come close. The SRTs original sticker price was in excess of $50k.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:05 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

No comparison, get the SRT.

The ONLY area that the S2K would have upper-hand is in the aftermarket. Ironically, it would take all of said aftermarket to make it as fast as bmorgan's car.

And then there's the pesky fact that, in order for a car to have huge aftermarket, there must be many thousands of cars to offset the demand.

FWIW, there were less than three thousand SRTs ever made.

It's rarer, faster, sexier, and higher quality both inside and out.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:21 PM

And, I did win 1st place at the South-East Import Showdown this year in the RWD class in heads up drag racing against 8 different turbo charged cars (European and Japanese). I have left lots of cars wondering what happened when I out run them. I have beat everything from domestic V-8s to import turbos, and without fail, every time I finish a race, there is a flock of people that want to see what I have under the hood. I can't tell you how many people thought that they would blow me away only to find themselves on the short side of the finish line.

My biggest fear at the track is running into another SRT-6 or SLK32 AMG with more mods than me.

Last edited by bmorgan; 10-21-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:44 PM

Wow and conratz on a good car. So I see all your points an think you are right in all aspects that it seems to be a all around better car.

Now my biggest thought is how good does the trans stand the power. I'm figuring it's a lot to fix it if something goes wrong.

Also bmorgan how strong would u consider the block, any problems or recalls something I should be truely aware of.

Thanks agains guys for giving me much short notice info on the car. I've been around but didn't think I was going threw with buying the car until this past week and I just haven't got all the background on car yet. Most everything I see is all positive.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:55 PM

The block and transmission are not a concern. The weakest point is the rear differential. Many people have had no problems drag racing with the stock differential, but there have been a few that have grenaded the differential. The ones that have had problems with the differential have been running with 14 - 18 lbs of air on drag radials, and it appears to be caused by the transition from the water box to the dry pavement. The DRs grab and something has to give. Now, having said that, I have had no problems so far and I run DRs with 18 lbs but I do plan on adding the WaveTrac LSD sometime next year. The stock differential is an open diff, so adding the LSD will be so much better for drag racing, plus should make the drive train about as bullet proof as you can hope for in this type of application. As far as I know, no one has had a problem with the rear diff running street tires.

Last edited by bmorgan; 10-22-2010 at 12:01 AM.