Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.
View Poll Results: Is this SRT6 a great buy? (please state reason in thread)
Yes
52.94%
No
0%
Maybe
17.65%
The Troll should keep his white N/A
29.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Srt6 Verdict, Carfax Analysis On Attached Pdf

Old 11-05-2010, 06:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Srt6 Verdict, Carfax Analysis On Attached Pdf

Hi everyone,

As you all probably know from past threads I am about to buy myself a SRT6 and convert it into a sleeper. It would be most appreciated if you could take a look on the photos and the attached carfax that I got fom the seller. Please give me your comments and a final verdict if the car could be something for me to buy.

I have some questionmarks regarding the following.

1. Why 3 owners and such low mileage? average mileage per year must be approx. 15000 miles
2. On the carfax, it states car auctions and so forth, is there something fishy?

Would be very kind if you could check the carfax attached (see pdf below) and tell me your verdict. is it a buy or no buy. Also check photo for reference. How high is the possibility that a car that has only run 9600 miles is in a bad state?

Also see below for some of the questions I have been asking.

1. Why sale? I purchased the car when I was engaged with the thought that when I retired in Jul 2012 we would do a lot of touring. The engagement didn’t work out so now my focus is on purchasing a small pick-up and spend a lot of time outdoors
2. Usage of car? Drag racing or slow Sundays? Used mostly on the weekends for short trips i.e. Sebring to Naples etc never raced.
3. Is it tuned somehow? Pure stock
4. Condition of tyres? 90 – 95 % ( these are high performance tires so their profile is a little different)
5. Condition of alloys? Excellent
6. Paintwork? Excellent
7. Windshield? Excellent
8. Seats? Like brand new
9. Seat heater (both low mid and upper padding) Both work
10. Windows Excellent (have a very slight tint to keep the Florida out)
11. Radio and speakers ok? Excellent
12. Mileage 9,650
13. Number of owners 3 (I’ll be sending the car fax)
14. Smoking / animals? Neither
15. Changed parts? Stock
16. Reparations made? IC-pump? The crank positioning sensor? Common errors... Nothing touched from the factory
17. Are you on the crossfire forum.org? Not a member but I have viewed it
18. Water leaks? None
19. Accidents? None (verified by the car fax report)
20. Oil leaks? No
21. Transmission okay? Excellent
22. Ever had any issues with the car? Only making sure no speeding tickets
23. As I am going to export it, no warranty needed which will deduct price? Firm $17,500 (with the warranty it is $18,500)
24. Horn working? Yes
25. Wipers? Yes
26. Side mirrors adjustable? Both
27. All lights working? Yes
28. Headlamps, foggy or clear? Drivers side will get a little foggy right after a wash but goes away once headlights are turned on
29. Have you installed HIDs on it? If yes, what level? Not sure what this refers to
30. A/C, is it ok? No smell? None..Actually the car still has that “New car smell”

Most appreciated.

/the troll

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
5.JPG (31.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg
1.JPG (25.8 KB, 36 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
scan0001.pdf (2.57 MB, 35 views)
Old 11-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Srt6 Verdict, Carfax Analysis On Attached Pdf

Too nice to chop up and repaint.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by tunaglove
Too nice to chop up and repaint.
So you think the car looks in fine condition? car fax okay?
The question was not really if you like me to repaint it or convert it... more if this particular SRT6 can be a nice specimen.

The SRT design is growing on me. The frontlip is probably staying on. I saw a white N/A with a SRT frontlip and it was quite stunning. Very tough looking. Have not decided yet!

/ Philip

Old 11-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Philip, I know you are eagerly awaiting my opinion, so here goes. LOL

From the information provided, and the CarFax.... This does indeed seem to be a great car. I can understand your concern of it having 3 owners, but here is my perspective on it. The car has always been titled in Florida which has a very high population of retired people living in it. The Crossfire seems to be a car that retirees are drawn to as they envision themselves living the carefree live of retirement. Then reality sets in...... The car is not easy to get into or out of if you are elderly, and you quickly realize that a luxury sedan is much more practical in your retirement years. Also, we have been in a recession for quite a while now, and a car with this low of mileage was obviously purchased as a cruiser instead of a daily driver. When the economy hits home, the toys are the first things to go. This was the case with the guy that owned the SRT that I purchased. He had the SRT-6 and an SRT-8 Jeep. Him and his wife both lost their jobs and had to take lower paying jobs, so the SRT's had to go. If the car checks out with a mechanical and cosmetic inspection, I would have no concern at all with it having 3 owners. Hope this helps.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If your good with the price... buy it!

I like it just the way it is of course.... but a white sleeper will look good too..

Old 11-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about the 3 owners. I would have to check into it a bit more. Any service records from the dealer? What oil and filter has been used?

Old 11-05-2010, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by srt-6 rag top
Not sure about the 3 owners. I would have to check into it a bit more. Any service records from the dealer? What oil and filter has been used?
Hi,

Service records, the carfax says there are two but he says the following:

"What does it say on the service records? were they attached to the carfax?" --> No service required until 35.0K miles. Oil changes at 7.0K

as it as so low milage, no filter change have been done or?

Old 11-05-2010, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by MikeR
If your good with the price... buy it!

I like it just the way it is of course.... but a white sleeper will look good too..
I will definately check it out. I know he wants to sell it badly so I am just waiting for him to lower the price even more and then I will hit the hammer on my set price. I do want this car just a matter of time, money and nice enjoying moment. ;D

I like the blue. I will have to drive it for a while as I am going to paint the car so it is fresh for spring.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Hey Philip, I know you are eagerly awaiting my opinion, so here goes. LOL

From the information provided, and the CarFax.... This does indeed seem to be a great car. I can understand your concern of it having 3 owners, but here is my perspective on it. The car has always been titled in Florida which has a very high population of retired people living in it. The Crossfire seems to be a car that retirees are drawn to as they envision themselves living the carefree live of retirement. Then reality sets in...... The car is not easy to get into or out of if you are elderly, and you quickly realize that a luxury sedan is much more practical in your retirement years. Also, we have been in a recession for quite a while now, and a car with this low of mileage was obviously purchased as a cruiser instead of a daily driver. When the economy hits home, the toys are the first things to go. This was the case with the guy that owned the SRT that I purchased. He had the SRT-6 and an SRT-8 Jeep. Him and his wife both lost their jobs and had to take lower paying jobs, so the SRT's had to go. If the car checks out with a mechanical and cosmetic inspection, I would have no concern at all with it having 3 owners. Hope this helps.
Captain Bmorgan, you can so easily see me through.. Of course I have been waiting 5 hrs (time difference) ... Okay thanks for your opinion. How do yu recommend me doing with the mechanical inspection? take it to a chrysler mechanic? cosmetics I will check it as I check my N/A... enginewise I only check for dodgy leaks...

BTW, regarding payment and stuff, apparently has the buyer not paid it off fully to the bank and he is paying of hi loan... Is this an even greater chance for me to lower the price? I can ask for what he has to pay to the bank and give him a minor sum in between ? or what is the best technique

Schön guten Abend noch!

/Philip

Old 11-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FUBU
Captain Bmorgan, you can so easily see me through.. Of course I have been waiting 5 hrs (time difference) ... Okay thanks for your opinion. How do yu recommend me doing with the mechanical inspection? take it to a chrysler mechanic? cosmetics I will check it as I check my N/A... enginewise I only check for dodgy leaks...

BTW, regarding payment and stuff, apparently has the buyer not paid it off fully to the bank and he is paying of hi loan... Is this an even greater chance for me to lower the price? I can ask for what he has to pay to the bank and give him a minor sum in between ? or what is the best technique

Schön guten Abend noch!

/Philip
Philip, as I do not live in Florida, I cannot give you any specific advice about a place to have it mechanically inspected. Hopefully someone here that lives in that area can assist you. If there is a good independent Mercedes shop in the area, I would probably go that route instead of a Chrysler dealer. There are also pre purchase inspection companies that specialize in doing mechanical inspections with certified inspectors. I do not know anything about this specific company, but here is one you may want to consider. South Florida Vehicle Inspections Miami Pompano Naples Tampa

As far as price goes...... Crossfires with 9k on the clock do not show up every day. Even fewer when your search is geographically constrained to one state. You know the profit margin that you will have once the car is imported to Sweden, so..... I would put my best offer forward and try to seal the deal before it slips out from under you. In the grand scheme of things, is it worth it for you to hold out over 1 or 2 thousand dollars so you can feel like you got the bargain of the year, or will you be better served to quickly reach a price that both of you can live with and move on. Two years from now, you will not question that you could have possibly held out for a better price, but if you miss out and end up purchasing another one that is higher mileage and potentially less pristine, you will likely look back and wish you had of paid more to have gotten the low mileage pristine one.

You can find higher mileage ones in the 14k range, but in my opinion 17.5k for one with 9600 miles is a fair price. If you could get it for 17k, I think you got a real good deal. If I were in the market, I would not be concerned with paying 17.5K for such a low mileage SRT.

Last edited by bmorgan; 11-05-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:15 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy and drive it for a month or two - I'm willing to bet that you wont want to:

Paint it white and leave a blue engine bay.
Remove the rear spoiler

After the second month I'll bet you'll want to:

install an intake
install a crank pulley
Get a tune

After the third month you might want to:
Lower the suspension.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:59 AM

[quote=BrianBrave]Buy and drive it for a month or two - I'm willing to bet that you wont want to:

Paint it white and leave a blue engine bay. This will happen, but the blue will stay on until spring. (blue eingine bay, well I will tell the painters to do as much as they can. after that I can use a brush somewhat myself to remove the blue colour.

Remove the rear spoiler This we will see about. If I had the car right now I would dismount it and install a N/A wing with a manual switch.
you forgot, switch the alloys to N/A OEMs.

install an intake most probably...
install a crank pulley I have heard that this is not that good for the car if you have it as a daily drive..
Get a tune probably.

After the third month you might want to:
Lower the suspension. no thanks.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Philip, as I do not live in Florida, I cannot give you any specific advice about a place to have it mechanically inspected. Hopefully someone here that lives in that area can assist you. If there is a good independent Mercedes shop in the area, I would probably go that route instead of a Chrysler dealer. There are also pre purchase inspection companies that specialize in doing mechanical inspections with certified inspectors. I do not know anything about this specific company, but here is one you may want to consider. South Florida Vehicle Inspections Miami Pompano Naples Tampa

As far as price goes...... Crossfires with 9k on the clock do not show up every day. Even fewer when your search is geographically constrained to one state. You know the profit margin that you will have once the car is imported to Sweden, so..... I would put my best offer forward and try to seal the deal before it slips out from under you. In the grand scheme of things, is it worth it for you to hold out over 1 or 2 thousand dollars so you can feel like you got the bargain of the year, or will you be better served to quickly reach a price that both of you can live with and move on. Two years from now, you will not question that you could have possibly held out for a better price, but if you miss out and end up purchasing another one that is higher mileage and potentially less pristine, you will likely look back and wish you had of paid more to have gotten the low mileage pristine one.

You can find higher mileage ones in the 14k range, but in my opinion 17.5k for one with 9600 miles is a fair price. If you could get it for 17k, I think you got a real good deal. If I were in the market, I would not be concerned with paying 17.5K for such a low mileage SRT.
Okay, thanks for the tip. So if the car shows up good at the mechanics, you advise me to go for it..
I am so keen on getting it. I will PM a message regarding how the seller is stating how we should carry out payments and such. Maybe you could give me some tis aswell.

/ Phil

Old 11-06-2010, 07:19 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I wouldn't buy it....I would look for a Camry....

Old 11-06-2010, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I wouldn't buy it....I would look for a Camry....
Camry? Is that a camaro? well they look nice but are somewhat "old-timer wife-beater baseball bat rough white trash gangster"car here in Sweden. Was thinking of a white Camaro but naw. This XF SRT model rocks. When baby comes (just got myself a girlfriend being 10yrs younger so will take a while until the storch is coming) I will buy a Chrysler Town&country for the missus. (won't repaint it nor take off any rear wings of tat one, haha )

/ The Troll getting all excited.!

Old 11-06-2010, 07:29 AM

install an intake
install a crank pulley
Get a tune

The seconde month is though interesting.but one step at the time. ordering the intake/pulley/ecu-tune from here is no probs..

Old 11-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Camry? Is that a camaro? well they look nice but are somewhat "old-timer wife-beater baseball bat rough white trash gangster"car here in Sweden. Was thinking of a white Camaro but naw. This XF SRT model rocks. When baby comes (just got myself a girlfriend being 10yrs younger so will take a while until the storch is coming) I will buy a Chrysler Town&country for the missus. (won't repaint it nor take off any rear wings of tat one, haha )

/ The Troll getting all excited.!
yep, that pretty much sums up who I am, me and my Camry...lol

Old 11-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
yep, that pretty much sums up who I am, me and my Camry...lol
HaHa!!! Your the man!!

Old 11-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Camry? Is that a camaro?
Camry = Toyota

Camaro = Chevy

There might be a difference.....

That is a pretty good description of Doc though ......."old-timer baseball bat rough white trash gangster" driving around in his Camry...LOL!

Old 11-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I see no one has commented on the Carfax info regarding auctions.

When a car dealer takes a car in on trade, they will either offer it for sale on their own used car lot, or they will wholesale it at an auction, where another dealer will buy it to put into their used car inventory.

The dealer may do this immediately up taking the car in, or, more often, they keep it on their lot for some period of time and, if it doesn't sell and there are not any, or many, customers even looking at it, then they wholesale it.

It really says nothing about the car itself. It's more a matter of the type of customers and market that particular dealer has. A dealer that sells a lot of SUV's, trucks and vans may not have much of a market for something like a Crossfire.

It appears at one point, this car went from dealer to auction to dealer to auction.... until it ended up at a dealer who was able to find a buyer for it.

By the way, these dealer auctions are not open to the public. Only dealers and manufacturers can buy and sell vehicles at these auctions.

At one local dealer auction, which sells thousands of vehicles per week, they had a large inventory of Crossfires on hand, because there just wasn't much of a market for them. None of the dealers wanted them.

Quick Reply: Srt6 Verdict, Carfax Analysis On Attached Pdf