Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

killer chiller copy

Old 02-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default killer chiller copy

You guys have probably seen the Killer Chiller idea by now. Ford already did it wth the Lightning blah blah..
Guys at MB.org are messing with one also.
Basically it is using your existing A/C system and adding another heat exchanger to cool your I/C fluid.
I want to try to copy this idea for my SRT.
I am confused on where to add the 2nd exchanger (stacked plate) in the A/C circuit.
The Crossfire has an expansion valve right at the evaporator coil at the fire wall. If I moved the ex. valve to right before the plate exchanger then sent the freon through the evap coil then back through the small tube to the regulator part of the expansion valve, would this work?
I tried to learn as much as I could about A/C before asking.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: killer chiller copy

if you read the e55 threads they are actually removing all the h/e or using a diverter to shut the h/e down while racing and vice versa while driving

Old 02-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that is funny, i posted up about that a couple of years ago here and it was immediately discounted so i just laughed and went on. around the same time i mentioned that hankook tires were a great bargain and no one was interested, how to custom design and have built a heat exchanger for a low cost along with photos of the one i designed with no one being interested, created a meth mixing calculator and uploaded it on my server, no one was interested, posted up detailed information on my meth datalogs, a/f ratios, timing, fuel trims, dyno graphs etc and so on. the killer chiller is a cool setup (pun intended) but there are other options as well. my stock heat exchanger is working sufficiently for my setup though.

it is an expensive setup, you could probably build your own for a lot less but unless you are doing extended high speed runs or hot lap drag race i would just toss a bag of ice on your supercharger for about 15 minutes before each run (if you drag race). it might be nice on the roadcourse or use a simple meth setup for cheap with a small nozzle so you do not increase a/f temps too much.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^^^
I'm late to the show man.
I've seen your posts and the info you shared was really cool, thank you.
I look through your old posts and try to learn all the time.
I'm totally going to copy your meth setup LOL!

You're right the parts are expensive. I always try to do everything the hard way. We'll see, I'm still researching stuff.....

Last edited by tunaglove; 02-23-2011 at 10:13 PM.