Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Removed the rear cats and resonator

Old 04-10-2015, 12:11 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Removed the rear cats and resonator

Originally Posted by rmcdaniel12
Just curious, how did u go about removing your "resonators"? Soon as you read that word in the title, the first thought that SHOULD of came to your mind was "this doesn't apply to me." but instead, u saw my username and got a hard on. As much as i appreciate you enabling your "follow" option for me, this isn't Twitter or Instagram.

What can I say.. following someone's ignorance is highly amusing to me.. Kinda like some people that manage to chew gum and walk. It's just amazing how you went from total idiot (Eurocharge tune didn't fix my screw up) .. to wonder boy of the Crossfires..

And don't over rate yourself.. I saw 3 year old thread comment.. You just happen to be the wise one with all the great advice on it.

Last edited by Mrmiata; 04-10-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
What can I say.. following someone's ignorance is highly amusing to me.. Kinda like some people that manage to chew gum and walk. It's just amazing how you went from total idiot (Eurocharge tune didn't fix my screw up) .. to wonder boy of the Crossfires..
Funny how i forget u exist till u stalk me. its flattering yet annoying. U are a constant reminder to me that just because someone has a XF, doesnt mean that they are a decent person. U, 180, and jefasold need to learn to keep ur personal feelings seperate from the forum. Do u honestly think i care that u guys have been forum members for x amount of years longer than me?? IDGAF!!! Cuz it dont mean a damn thing! How many more times do we need to address the EuroCharge issue from about 3 years ago if u guys wanna reference "old threads". and i hardly find a bad MAF sensor to be my fault. As if im the only one thats ever happened to. All 3 of u act like u know EVERYTHING about the XF (as much as u guys linger on the forum u should). "Clearly" u guys know it all but throw hissy fits whenever someone asks a legit question. Heres a question for u- WTF are you still on here for then??? if you refuse to help someone in question, and u have reached ur personal pinnacle, then the forum is of no residual value to u anymore. U guys are such a poor representation of the forum.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:47 PM

Funny how i forget u exist till u stalk me. its flattering yet annoying. U are a constant reminder to me that just because someone has a XF, doesnt mean that they are a decent person. U, 180, and jefasold need to learn to keep ur personal feelings seperate from the forum. Do u honestly think i care that u guys have been forum members for x amount of years longer than me?? IDGAF!!! Cuz it dont mean a damn thing! How many more times do we need to address the EuroCharge issue from about 3 years ago if u guys wanna reference "old threads". and i hardly find a bad MAF sensor to be my fault. As if im the only one thats ever happened to. All 3 of u act like u know EVERYTHING about the XF (as much as u guys linger on the forum u should). "Clearly" u guys know it all but throw hissy fits whenever someone asks a legit question. Heres a question for u- WTF are you still on here for then??? if you refuse to help someone in question, and u have reached ur personal pinnacle, then the forum is of no residual value to u anymore. U guys are such a poor representation of the forum.

I only refuse to help those who are as arrogant as you.. and yes I did make the mistake of trying to help you with your Eurocharged hissy fit.

You don't impress anyone here so you might as well quit trying to be a somebody.

Old 04-10-2015, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
I only refuse to help those who are as arrogant as you.. and yes I did make the mistake of trying to help you with your Eurocharged hissy fit.

You don't impress anyone here so you might as well quit trying to be a somebody.
I dont need to try to impress u. At the end of day, who are u? I already have your undivided attention. I can only imagine how obsessed u would be with me if that was my goal. Strictly for entertainment purposes i will say that ive put more money of UPGRADES on my "SRT" in the past 6 months than your 3 XF's are worth combined with their $5 lip downgrades. Ur definition of arrogant must mean one who talks s*** back to others talking s***. Otherwise your use of the word is like every vehicle you own- N/A. And blaming me for something out of my controk is not "helping" someone out. Dude, im done. Reply all u want (lord knows u will). My time and ur existance ratio arent beneficial to me.

Old 04-10-2015, 01:44 PM

Undivided attention... LOL .. once again you over rate yourself. I'm known to tune in to the comedy channel every now and then.. so thanks for the "I be so smart" comedy break..

Old 04-10-2015, 11:15 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am on the forum for three reasons. 1. There is still much that I can learn. 2. I may be able to help someone else. 3. Amusement purposes. Guess where your posts fall!

Old 04-14-2015, 11:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could I get my rear cats removed....just asking lol...Carl

Old 04-14-2015, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by carl graham
Could I get my rear cats removed....just asking lol...Carl
Im not sure lol. Let me guide u to the revised service manual to the first 3 chapters

Chapter 1= MrMiata Knows It All
Chapter 2= OneHundred80 Knows It All
Chapter 3= JEFASOLD Knows It All

Everything u need to know about everything and anything in the World will be in those 3 chapters. Some say the revised Service Manual with the golden chapters is the Holy Grail. (All 3 of them are on my "ignore list" so who cares what they say back. I wont see it)

Old 04-14-2015, 12:03 PM

Im not sure lol. Let me guide u to the revised service manual to the first 3 chapters

Chapter 1= MrMiata Knows It All
Chapter 2= OneHundred80 Knows It All
Chapter 3= JEFASOLD Knows It All

Everything u need to know about everything and anything in the World will be in those 3 chapters. Some say the revised Service Manual with the golden chapters is the Holy Grail. (All 3 of them are on my "ignore list" so who cares what they say back. I wont see it)

I've always heard fertilizer helps a garden grow... if that applies to forums.. we should soon see a massive member increase!

Old 04-14-2015, 01:44 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Ignoring the static on here, yes you can Carl, it should still pass inspection ( if you have those ).
And BTW, the old cats are worth $$$ as I have read here somewhere, @ $100 each even.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:27 PM
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking Re: Removed the rear cats and resonator

You could also remove their contents and not remove the shell, with the benefits of lighter car and less restriction. Dont need to remove the shell, just run a pipe thru them and vacuum the ceramic contents out the rear, then re attach the rear pipes. Inspections are typically run from the obdII connector and without codes, you pass.

DO NOT RESET CODES before an inspection as you have to drive about 100 miles to clear reset function to pass inspection..I.E if the codes are removed the reset will cause a failure....Enjoy WDY

Old 04-15-2015, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by waldig
You could also remove their contents and not remove the shell, with the benefits of lighter car and less restriction. Dont need to remove the shell, just run a pipe thru them and vacuum the ceramic contents out the rear, then re attach the rear pipes. Inspections are typically run from the obdII connector and without codes, you pass.

DO NOT RESET CODES before an inspection as you have to drive about 100 miles to clear reset function to pass inspection..I.E if the codes are removed the reset will cause a failure....Enjoy WDY

My Chevy truck.. ran the pipe down it then just fired it up and revved it a few times.. cleared those pieces right out.. LOL

Old 04-16-2015, 12:09 AM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Just a thought but why not leave the catlysts and replace the muffler with a straight pipe ? Modern CCs have little back pressure but make a decent muffler.

Personally garentee nothing from memory but do have both the 05 and 07 service manuals in electronic form. Also the ones for my Reattae and '12 Jeep same. Only paper ones are for the '70 Goat.

Just like the basic toolset I carry in every car, I also have the SMs and a hot spot with me when travelling.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:32 AM

Oswald - havent seen you in years.

The muffler does nothing in my opinion to improve the tone or performance. I opened and removed the interior of mine and welded it back together with out noticable change. Woody

CrossfireForum.org - waldig's Album: Member Galleries - Picture

For the newer guys, here are some of my projects - findings and stuff ENJOY

CrossfireForum.org - waldig's Album: Member Galleries

Old 04-16-2015, 08:41 AM

If you would like to just see the albums, there here, Woody

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...29-albums.html