Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Would you call THAT a race???

Old 05-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Would you call THAT a race???

Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09
Holy Crap... 0.99g on the skid pad. Thats craziness.......... I have no clue why I thought those things were fast in a straight line though. 13.3 is quick compared to my little NA but not something I would deem "fast"....That is funny... He was prolly like "Dammnnnnn 40 grand down the drain"
They're no joke in the corners. Steering feel is absolutely SUPERB. I drove Brian's Nismo and if I could only swap his rack & pinion into my SRT... it would be ON.

As for the straight-line race, I work with the guy so he couldn't be too butt-hurt about it. He's actually a damn good driver, I played around with him at the HPDE last year when I ran my white one on the track. He mopped the floor with my Limited, but earlier this spring he saw my new Graphite SRT and he was like "oh, got another little Crossfire eh? I was yeah, let's line 'em up after work (service road beside NPRC is conveniently ~1/4 mile long ) and he was a bit... um... shocked to say the least. My white car ran a fastest time of 14.8, so he wasn't planning on the SRT being 2.5 seconds faster in the 1/4... sneaky me.

Last edited by JHM2K; 05-17-2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Photo attachment
Old 05-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You guys make me want to sell my NA and buy a 6....
Funny you should say that...........................i know where there is a 7800 mile one for sale .........

Old 05-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
They're no joke in the corners. Steering feel is absolutely SUPERB. I drove Brian's Nismo and if I could only swap his rack & pinion into my SRT... it would be ON.

As for the straight-line race, I work with the guy so he couldn't be too butt-hurt about it. He's actually a damn good driver, I played around with him at the HPDE last year when I ran my white one on the track. He mopped the floor with my Limited, but earlier this spring he saw my new Graphite SRT and he was like "oh, got another little Crossfire eh? I was yeah, let's line 'em up after work (service road beside NPRC is conveniently ~1/4 mile long ) and he was a bit... um... shocked to say the least. My white car ran a fastest time of 14.8, so he wasn't planning on the SRT being 2.5 seconds faster in the 1/4... sneaky me.
I'll bet he was suprised considering the difference between the 350 and 370 in a straight is miniscule compared to the NA and SRT lol...... Amazing what 115 horsies will do to a 3K lb car.... Have you guys played or planned to play at a track since you got the 6?

Originally Posted by magredvet
Funny you should say that...........................i know where there is a 7800 mile one for sale .........
Hahaha I wish!!!!! My wife would stab me when I least suspect it. She keeps telling me to trade the Cross for a SUV. My answer is we already got a camry, there is absolutely no reason at all to have 2 family oriented vehicles...... and thats when the fight begins....

Old 05-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beep
I don't have any stats but isn't there a great difference between something like an Impala and a 370Z?
Like a Mustang, I wouldn't want to tangle with one.
I had a run in w/ a GT last summer in Lexington, KY; we were on the "outer loop/highway" but not running too hard, and both of us got off at the same exit, and stopped for a light. I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention when the light turned green so he got a jump on me, but couldn't pull away.
At the time I just had an ECU tune; since then I've removed the resonator and added a CAI - HUGE difference and I wish I had had those changes back then.

KevinL

Old 05-17-2012, 05:15 PM

I'll bet he was suprised considering the difference between the 350 and 370 in a straight is miniscule compared to the NA and SRT lol...... Amazing what 115 horsies will do to a 3K lb car.... Have you guys played or planned to play at a track since you got the 6?
Not yet, since the weather has been warm I've been 100% focused on selling my condo and buying a new house... so the SRT gets driven but not raced. Parts can break while doing either, the difference is racing costs a ton whether you keep it off the wall or not

Once I get settled into the new home, the SRT will receive more attention.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

John, I tied into a 370Z on the way home from the Dragon last year. He blew by our group on the right side while on our way home. Oops 2 years ago, as I was in the roadster. He then yanked it back in front of me. Oops, mistake. Never cut off a cop. I wasn't going to be "dangerous" lol, but he had to go all the way up to 140 with me a car length behind, and then, he had enough, moved over slowed down....as did I. Later, we saw the guy up ahead cutting in and out of traffic. He had caught up with another SRT6 on their way home. He didn't cut them off... Just love to play a bit...

Old 05-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
Meh, just add an intake/tune and you will have no problems with a 5.0. I surprised the hell out of a buddy when I ran away from him on the highway. I was just chuckling.
Im not trying to start an internet fight here but.......I have a buddy with one that made 405whp (I/E/T) and we made runs from 40,50,60 and there was no running away from his, I stayed about a half a car ahead to a little north of 130 on all the runs. And it was like 40 degrees outside also. Your car must run damn good to pull away from a coyote.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:09 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll race with anyone. Just because the car has the ***** to beat me, doesn't mean the driver does!

Old 05-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't race ricers. It's a waste of 93 octane. But more than a few M3s around here know not to mess with the wing!

Old 05-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Forum Regular

Confirmed.
X2. It can be close w the 7 speed.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

John I think your car and my car would be an interesting race on the ole Mexican Highway.

Beep the Mustangs are slow. Mainly because of driver error, most of them have a stick and don't know how to row. Case in point, I beet one of the new Shelby Mustangs at the strip. On paper I should've totally lost, but I didn't

Old 05-18-2012, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
John I think your car and my car would be an interesting race on the ole Mexican Highway.
I'm game bro! Next Cars 'N' Coffee, let's do it. We'll let Steve lead with the Valentine-1

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Beep the Mustangs are slow. Mainly because of driver error, most of them have a stick and don't know how to row. Case in point, I beet one of the new Shelby Mustangs at the strip. On paper I should've totally lost, but I didn't
^^^This

Old 05-18-2012, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by chuK_138
I don't race ricers. It's a waste of 93 octane. But more than a few M3s around here know not to mess with the wing!
A 370 is hardly rice... Yes, it's "Japanese" but if that's the only criteria, I don't see anyone calling the R35 GT-R a ricer car... except for butt-hurt Corvette owners.

As long as they're not racing for pinks, I'll "run" anything. Worst case scenario, even if I lose, I had fun hitting 160. There are worse problems to have in life... haha.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:25 AM

I have said it before and I guess I am saying it again. Racin' is racin'. A lot of factors come into play, especially on the street. ***** you say...well, if your ***** are connected to your brain, and you do it safely as you can, then ***** it is. Next is, experience. Can you launch your car, can you shift your car, and last by not least, and important, can you handle your car once she gets a little out of shape. Fail at any of these, and you lose. Simple as that. I have been fortunate, to have a lot of buddies with a lot of different toys if you will, and I will put these little beauties up against any of them. The ones I have lost to, are full blown race cars. And their reactions were all the same. What the hell is in that car?

Old 05-19-2012, 08:30 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Beep
So I get the issues with my 6 ironed out and take it out for this 20 mile loop that hits a few hot spots in town.
At a signal, I line up with a Impala. Light turns green and he floors it. I only give it enough gas to stay with his door. His cars making all this noise and my foot is only half-way down. I'm thinking, man! This is pathetic.
Does this happen to you guy's? Some kid in an Accord think'n he's all that n gonna show you what?
I'm not into street racing but it does put the 6's power into perspective.
Was the Impala yellow and have a light on the roof?

Old 05-19-2012, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Was the Impala yellow and have a light on the roof?
No, he would have mentioned being cut off.....

Old 05-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Forum Regular

2009 Nissan 370Z - Specs and Test Data - First Test - Motor Trend

^^^ There's the data on a stock 2009...

The one I raced was a murder... as in, bus length(s). But he had only exhaust.
Ha, I was behind one that exact color coming home from work on back roads yesterday. No exciting race stories to report, we were just zipping along at a good pace trying to get home on a Friday night.

I generally like the 370Z but in that color, the rear end looks ugly. I think the car looks better in darker colors or white. That royal blue just highlights the bulbous nature of the butt.

Anyway, peak figures aside, I'm surprised at a 4.7 0-60 figure for that car. It weighs about exactly the same as an SRT6 (C&D specs for 2013 model - 3,245 lbs). But because it employs a NA engine designed for high RPM breathing the 332 HP peak arrives at 7,000 rpm while our engines reach peak 1,000 rpm sooner. However the real difference is the Nissan VQHR torque curve that peaks at a lower 270 lb/ft at 5,200 rpm while our blown V6 reaches a significantly higher peak 1,700 rpm sooner and then maintains that peak over a much broader, flatter range.

Maybe the equalizer for the Z-car is the better mechanical leverage of its 3.69 axle ratio which the 7,500 rpm rev range allows. That's a 17% advantage over our 3.07 axle.

Anyway, on paper the current 370Z looks like an even match for our 7 year old Chrycedes step child.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Forum Regular

Happs to me ALL the time. To be fair - I only give it enough gas to stay half a car length in front the entire time.

Old 05-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyT
Im not trying to start an internet fight here but.......I have a buddy with one that made 405whp (I/E/T) and we made runs from 40,50,60 and there was no running away from his, I stayed about a half a car ahead to a little north of 130 on all the runs. And it was like 40 degrees outside also. Your car must run damn good to pull away from a coyote.
Ain't no one pulling away from a Coyote. I may not have the most ponies under the hood, but
coyotes are natural drivers

Old 05-19-2012, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by TommyT
Your car must run damn good to pull away from a coyote.
...you're right. It does run damn good...err, did at the time. It's out of commission right now.