Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Uh Oh :( Supercharger Problems

Old 09-26-2012, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Uh Oh :( Supercharger Problems

My supercharger has now shut off on me 3 times in the last 1,500 miles. Brake Assist Program light turns on.. I turn my car off, Brake assist light is off.. Start my car again and now the Check Engine light is on.. I Replace a broken fuse in my fuse box and it's like it never happened!? Check Engine light off!.. I've replaced the fuse 3 times, has this happened to anyone? or does anyone know what is going on..

Old 09-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Default Re: Uh Oh :( Supercharger Problems

There's actually more than just this.. When I run my AC my engine seems to vibrate/shake more than usual, is this usual? and it smells funny for like 10 seconds.. sorry I'm no car guru

Old 09-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

A fuse blows for a reason. Too much voltage. Which can be a corroded or broken wire and/or connection somewhere in that circuit.....corrosion causes heat to build up, broken wire can mean a dead short. This can lead to a code to be thrown, the light coming on...and certainly a fuse to be blown... Check that circuit for all of the above... look at all the connections for corrosion, or a frayed or broken wire...

Old 09-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Talking Re: Uh Oh :( Supercharger Problems

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
A fuse blows for a reason. Too much voltage. Which can be a corroded or broken wire and/or connection somewhere in that circuit.....corrosion causes heat to build up, broken wire can mean a dead short. This can lead to a code to be thrown, the light coming on...and certainly a fuse to be blown... Check that circuit for all of the above... look at all the connections for corrosion, or a frayed or broken wire...
Ooo, ooo, ooo... I get to pretend I'm smart and correct someone!!! It's not too much voltage, it's too much amperage, i.e., too much current being pulled through the fuse. Gawd, that felt good! Now granted, too much voltage is a possibility, albeit a slim one.

Not that any of this helps with the problem. I am feeling rather superior, so leave me alone...

Old 09-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by rfourt
Ooo, ooo, ooo... I get to pretend I'm smart and correct someone!!! It's not too much voltage, it's too much amperage, i.e., too much current being pulled through the fuse. Gawd, that felt good! Now granted, too much voltage is a possibility, albeit a slim one.

Not that any of this helps with the problem. I am feeling rather superior, so leave me alone...
Wow.....that is all I can say is wow.... a mechanic in the making .... But it was YOU who replaced the fuse not once, but 3 times....so what do I know....

Old 09-26-2012, 07:19 PM

Wow.....that is all I can say is wow.... a mechanic in the making .... But it was YOU who replaced the fuse not once, but 3 times....so what do I know....
I replaced the fuse 3 times.. not him lol, should I just bring it somewhere and have them take a look? because I don't know where to look for the wires.. LOL

Old 09-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Received 567 Likes on 475 Posts

The OP replaced the fuse not rfourt and he's correct, too many amps being pulled. Trouble is we were never told what fuse.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The OP replaced the fuse not rfourt and he's correct, too many amps being pulled. Trouble is we were never told what fuse.
I'll take an educated guess; is it the fuse that runs the IC pump?