Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

SRT6 Serial Numbers ~ PDF format file...continued

Old 07-14-2017, 11:07 AM
Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Re: SRT6 Serial Numbers ~ PDF format file...continued

Originally Posted by arjuniyerp
Hi DTMenace, can we have a peek at the full database? I'm really curious to see the gargantuan effort you guys have put in.
arjuniyerp

The database that is attached was started by SRTSIX (Karl) in 2006 by surveying the existing owners and various sales sites on the Internet. There were several attempts to obtain the complete database of VIN#'s from Daimler-Chrysler, but they refused to release the entire/complete VIN# database for the SRT6 or any other model. There was contact with Karmann (the manufacturer) and they failed to provide the information as well, and must be lost, since Karmann filed for Bankruptcy shortly after the December 7 2007 final Crossfire was manufactured.
An employee of Chrysler provided the actual total manufactured, both left and right hand drive and those numbers are at the bottom of the attached database. The details remain a mystery!
I adjust the database by forum members supplying new VIN#'s or by reviewing sales sites on the internet to find "new" VIN#'s and that's how the database has grown over the past 11 years.
Dennis
DTMenace

Last edited by DTMenace; 07-14-2017 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMenace
arjuniyerp

The database that is attached was started by SRTSIX (Karl) in 2006 by surveying the existing owners and various sales sites on the Internet. There were several attempts to obtain the complete database of VIN#'s from Daimler-Chrysler, but they refused to release the entire/complete VIN# database for the SRT6 or any other model. There was contact with Karmann (the manufacturer) and they failed to provide the information as well, and must be lost, since Karmann filed for Bankruptcy shortly after the December 7 2007 final Crossfire was manufactured.
An employee of Chrysler provided the actual total manufactured, both left and right hand drive and those numbers are at the bottom of the attached database. The details remain a mystery!
I adjust the database by forum members supplying new VIN#'s or by reviewing sales sites on the internet to find "new" VIN#'s and that's how the database has grown over the past 11 years.
Dennis
DTMenace
That's absolutely INCREDIBLE! Great work to the whole team! I managed to find the link to the latest database on the first page.

Thanks again guys!

Last edited by arjuniyerp; 07-16-2017 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by arjuniyerp
That's absolutely INCREDIBLE! Great work to the whole team! I managed to find the link to the latest database on the first page.

Thanks again guys!
You are welcome arjuniyerp.....
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 08-01-2017, 06:13 AM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Dennis want to add my new six to the list ? ...... 1C3AN79N55X037819
Thanks for doing this !

Old 08-01-2017, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by magredvet
Hey Dennis want to add my new six to the list ? ...... 1C3AN79N55X037819
Thanks for doing this !
magredvet
Thanks for the information on your new buy, good luck with this SRT6, just like the previous ones you've owned in the past.
Welcome back to the family.....
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 08-07-2017, 07:41 AM

I just bought mine on 7/30, it is already on the list 5X045778, the owner is listed as Johnny B. He was actually the 2nd owner, making me the third. Kathy C.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:59 AM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Great database...My 5X037366-SSB coupe has a current Florida Salvaged Title (not salvageable as they make a distinction between the two) , meaning, it has been certified as roadworthy by the Fla.Dept. of Motor Vehicles. No water ever got into the cabin. Also, please add 5X050814 as my black 6 coupe. 150,000mi and running strong. Thanks

Old 08-07-2017, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by KD47
I just bought mine on 7/30, it is already on the list 5X045778, the owner is listed as Johnny B. He was actually the 2nd owner, making me the third. Kathy C.
Kathy
Thanks for your response with your VIN# info. Your forum name will appear at the next publish date.
Enjoy the SRT6 Roadster!
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 08-07-2017, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Fla_Xfire_SRT
Great database...My 5X037366-SSB coupe has a current Florida Salvaged Title (not salvageable as they make a distinction between the two) , meaning, it has been certified as roadworthy by the Fla.Dept. of Motor Vehicles. No water ever got into the cabin. Also, please add 5X050814 as my black 6 coupe. 150,000mi and running strong. Thanks
Fla_Xfire_SRT
Thanks for the latest information about your SRT6's. Each state has its own terms related to "Salvage Title" vehicles. I do not know those specific state laws, but I use the word "salvage" based upon the insurance company's declaration that a specific vehicle has been declared as a salvage and a settlement has been reached with the owner of record.

I made a change in the verbiage on the specific line to indicate the car is on the road. No mention was made as to the depth of the water, related to the flooded car.

Hope this update meets your approval.

Dennis
DTMenace

Old 08-07-2017, 10:57 AM

Thanks DTMenace!

I noticed the database is in PDF from what looks like an Excel file. Do you publish the file in the Excel format? I was curious as to how many roadsters are on the list, and of those how many in gray.

Old 08-07-2017, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by KD47
Thanks DTMenace!

I noticed the database is in PDF from what looks like an Excel file. Do you publish the file in the Excel format? I was curious as to how many roadsters are on the list, and of those how many in gray.
Kathy
The database is in Excel format, but the forum doesn't support Excel, so it's converted to a PDF file. There were a total of 241 Graphite Crossfire SRT6 roadsters (2005) manufactured for worldwide distribution. There were 193 shipped to the USA, 13 shipped to Canada and 21 sent to "other" countries. There were 14 Right Hand Drive produced for those countries that require type of configuration.
Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a copy of the Excel spreadsheet. Keep in mind, this will be a snapshot of the database.
Dennis
DTMenace

Last edited by DTMenace; 08-07-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:04 PM

Please add my new Aero Blue 6, VIN number 1C3AN79N55X047265
Just got it registered today, very excited!

Old 08-10-2017, 12:10 PM

Oh yeah, its a Coupe btw

Old 08-10-2017, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by cmnowell
Please add my new Aero Blue 6, VIN number 1C3AN79N55X047265
Just got it registered today, very excited!
cmnowell
Thanks for the info about your "new" SRT6. Your info will appear at the next publish date.
Enjoy your SRT6 Crossfire, it's a blast to own, had mine for the past 11 years. The forum has a wealth of info, for performance and any repairs needed in the future.
Congrats and welcome to the SRT6 family.....
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 09-10-2017, 08:49 PM

OK, I get that the silly forum software won't let you share an Excel file, but why not just put the sheet up on the net as a shared Google sheet? (BTW, I don't even see the link to the PDF version here...)

(FWIW, I'd set it up so anyone can read or write it if they have the link, since it will probably just be published here, and Google sheets has version control anyway, so we could roll back vandalism. And yes, I fully realize Google is evil, but this is probably the best way to do this, and works for more people than sharing it via Office365 or OneDrive (req's subscription).)

If this gets put up somewhere editable, I'll add/update both of my SRT-6's...

Old 09-10-2017, 09:15 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Dub Dublin
OK, I get that the silly forum software won't let you share an Excel file, but why not just put the sheet up on the net as a shared Google sheet? (BTW, I don't even see the link to the PDF version here...)

(FWIW, I'd set it up so anyone can read or write it if they have the link, since it will probably just be published here, and Google sheets has version control anyway, so we could roll back vandalism. And yes, I fully realize Google is evil, but this is probably the best way to do this, and works for more people than sharing it via Office365 or OneDrive (req's subscription).)

If this gets put up somewhere editable, I'll add/update both of my SRT-6's...
The thread was started by one person as his project and subsequently taken over by somebody else. Why allow this to be played around with by just anyone and then require the current editor to correct any wrong or cranky additions to his thread?
It is someones thread and it seems to work just fine the way it was intended.
There is not a lot of info to edit anyway; color, year, VIN and body type. How complex can that be, as the old saying goes, KISS.

I started the Index to Crossfire problems .... why would I want people to monkey about with my thread?

Old 09-19-2017, 08:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

newly purchased srt6 (from a forum member, but i didn't see it on the list. i guess he never registered it unless i just overlooked it). now in south florida, SSB roadster 6 VIN 1C3AN75N65X055459 first Xfire, corvette and streetrod guy but loving the SRT6 so far. registered for the first time right before irma struck us. everything made it through pretty well. steve s.

CORRECTION: in taking a closer look at the list, the serial number was recorded by the previous forum member owner. owner and vehicle location (if needed) is the only correction to the listing.

thanks

steve

Last edited by srs244; 09-20-2017 at 12:50 PM. Reason: correcting information
Old 09-20-2017, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by srs244
newly purchased srt6 (from a forum member, but i didn't see it on the list. i guess he never registered it unless i just overlooked it). now in south florida, SSB roadster 6 VIN 1C3AN75N65X055459 first Xfire, corvette and streetrod guy but loving the SRT6 so far. registered for the first time right before irma struck us. everything made it through pretty well. steve s.

CORRECTION: in taking a closer look at the list, the serial number was recorded by the previous forum member owner. owner and vehicle location (if needed) is the only correction to the listing.

thanks

steve
Steve
It was on the latest VIN# database as line item # 1824. The previous owner was listed as Kingtj. Your forum name has been added to the line and will appear at the next time I update the database.

Welcome to the fast lane of the Forum, it has a wealth of information, collected over the past 12 years. Lots of info on mods and maintenance for your SRT6.

Welcome aboard.....
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 09-20-2017, 07:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dennis, many thanks. i'm a good friend of amx1397 (jim) and know i'll enjoy this new ride. looks really interesting in the garage next to my vette, lol. knew it was a bit smaller, but never realize exactly how much smaller, LMAO. having fun with it so far. looking forward to gaining all the information that is shared here at the forum. i've been a member for a short while before actually finding this car to buy and have been looking around and reading, etc. loads of information and what appear to be great people willing to share it. thanks.

Old 09-27-2017, 02:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a NA limited roadster last Nov. Loved driving it so much I needed more speed and a solid roof. So now, I have two. Just bought the 6 from Grip Grip vin #48585 now with 66,000 miles.

Last edited by STRANDD; 09-27-2017 at 02:09 PM. Reason: wanted it to make more sense

Quick Reply: SRT6 Serial Numbers ~ PDF format file...continued