Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Name this hose

Old 08-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Forum Regular
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Name this hose

Ive had my srt-6 for 4 months now and the hits keep coming. Few days after I bought it the IC pump took a dump, fixed that. Now the last week 2 new issues, crank position sensor threw a code and now the secondary air pump has failed. Im going to replace the crank position sensor because from my reading on here once a light comes on for that it will only get worse, that light went out by itself by the way.

The air pump code came on today, I kinda figured it was going to happen. Earlier in the week the thing was screaming like a banshee until I unplugged. I could smell the burnt internals, so that has to be replaced which sucks since it is a totally useless part. Can we get that tuned out? Im coming from a camaro and we would just get the emission crapped tuned out when it died.

Anyhow, looking under the hood I notice this hose just hanging from top of the cowl not connected, I dont recall seeing that hose before when Ive been under the hood. I have no idea where this thing goes and was wondering if somebody can advised me. I dont like seeing unhooked hoses because the first thing that pops in my head a vacuum leak. Here are some photos of the hose. Thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20130811_113432.jpg (1.50 MB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg
20130811_113501.jpg (1.65 MB, 32 views)
Old 08-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts
Default Re: Name this hose

Originally Posted by philosophico
Ive had my srt-6 for 4 months now and the hits keep coming. Few days after I bought it the IC pump took a dump, fixed that. Now the last week 2 new issues, crank position sensor threw a code and now the secondary air pump has failed. Im going to replace the crank position sensor because from my reading on here once a light comes on for that it will only get worse, that light went out by itself by the way.

The air pump code came on today, I kinda figured it was going to happen. Earlier in the week the thing was screaming like a banshee until I unplugged. I could smell the burnt internals, so that has to be replaced which sucks since it is a totally useless part. Can we get that tuned out? Im coming from a camaro and we would just get the emission crapped tuned out when it died.

Anyhow, looking under the hood I notice this hose just hanging from top of the cowl not connected, I dont recall seeing that hose before when Ive been under the hood. I have no idea where this thing goes and was wondering if somebody can advised me. I dont like seeing unhooked hoses because the first thing that pops in my head a vacuum leak. Here are some photos of the hose. Thanks
Its a drain hose for the central area under the cowl, make sure it is not plugged up as water gets into the car otherwise.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Forum Regular
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Its a drain hose for the central area under the cowl, make sure it is not plugged up as water gets into the car otherwise.
The irony, you know what. I thought it was a drain hose based on the location being in the center, but then I thought it would be odd and ugly to literally just have one in the middle and I was thinking would it be a good idea to have water draining on the tranny like that even though it is seal.

Weird spot for it to be since the tranny is there and everything. Thanks for the quick reply. Now its off to build up my tune list.

Since this car I bought is bone stock, it does have alot of miles 116k, its time for a major tune up. Whoever had it before me had the stealership do most of the stuff, so Im assuming an woman had this car, another reason being the rims have curb rash like no tomorrow. Whoever had it before literally love to eat the side of curbs with the rims, ill have to replace them one day. So my tune up list is as follow.

Plugs and wires
add a oil catch can from needswings
oil change
air filters were change before I bought the car they are clean
crank position sensor (since it threw a code)
secondary air pump since the O.G one fried itself

That should get it back to running a lil bit better.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Rob at NeedsWings still has the plug / wire combo kit on sale for $199.95

Old 08-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts

I thought it said name this hoser I was expecting a picture of Bob and Doug and an unnamed Beaner.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:02 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onehundred80
i thought it said name this hoser i was expecting a picture of bob and doug and an unnamed beaner.

gooooo loookokokokoooooo !!!!!