Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Muffler feedback please; magna tru x vrs dynomax ultra's

Old 09-03-2015, 05:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Muffler feedback please; magna tru x vrs dynomax ultra's

I think these are the only internally X-pipe mufflers. I doubt anyone has used both but if you have experience with either I would appreciate it. I would use one of these where the rear cats are with a BORLA Pro XS out back. With these 2 mufflers I doubt flow to be restricted much and the car should retain it's quiet stature I like, it's an SLK32 AMG. The BORLA's do NOT drone so that issue is resolved. FYI the Hookers do not drone either, all others do as far as I know and have tried many. What I am really interested in would be how much of an "X Factor" each muffler may have, thee larger cross section for evening the odd exhaust pulses the better. Thanks!

Old 09-03-2015, 06:34 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Muffler feedback please; magna tru x vrs dynomax ultra's

Originally Posted by Sweet2002
I think these are the only internally X-pipe mufflers. I doubt anyone has used both but if you have experience with either I would appreciate it. I would use one of these where the rear cats are with a BORLA Pro XS out back. With these 2 mufflers I doubt flow to be restricted much and the car should retain it's quiet stature I like, it's an SLK32 AMG. The BORLA's do NOT drone so that issue is resolved. FYI the Hookers do not drone either, all others do as far as I know and have tried many. What I am really interested in would be how much of an "X Factor" each muffler may have, thee larger cross section for evening the odd exhaust pulses the better. Thanks!
I have the Jones Exhaust Stamped X-pipe installed in place of the rear cats and H-pipe. Muffler is deleted and left the resonator intact as my muffler. Absolutely no drone what-so-ever, but full Ferrari sound @ WOT. Got mine here...

2.25" Stainless Steel X Pipe

Old 09-03-2015, 08:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the Magnaflow 2-in/2-out muffler, just like you said.

and the MF Cat-back in the rear, dual 2.5" pipes connecting. A bit of drone, but it sounds awesome when I get on it!

Old 09-13-2015, 02:12 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. Syfi, for me I think I would prefer to use an internal x-pipe muffler rather than a regular x-pipe though that link shows a really nice bit of work. Quiet is good for me and that is why I would like 2 mufflers, both straight thru, resonator removed. I don't like to attract attention in my area of law enforcement. So many here in SW Florida when I first moved here last year I thought they were stalking ME!