Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

10.99et

Old 04-10-2016, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 10.99et

Originally Posted by amx1397
and this was done with a 3.46 rear gear set up,,,,and i have one 3.46 left for sale.

Chris, check with your tuner ,,see if he can up the rev limits,,, mine are 6700 and i shift out of 1 and second between 63 and 6500 just though of this. jim
Yes this was done with the 346 gears, they work guys they really do, and my car bounces off the revlimiter at 6500 rpms then the motor pulls a stupid amountof timing and it takes over a second to shift, rrt will diagnose the problem and determine if it's the tcu if not then they will fix it, if it is then they will log numerous runs on and off the bottle to see, then send all 5he results to Rudy and he could adjust the shift points for my car my car needs to shift right at 6000 rpms no higher once it goes above that if freaks out also throwing my Afr's way off, while the car isn't shifting it's staying between 11.7 and 11.9 sometimes it crosses over 12.1 through 12.3 right before it shifts. So the car I'd still say isrunning on the rich side and leaving power on the table once this problem is fixed I might do a custom stall converter and stall to 3000 rpms and launch on nitrous aswell.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Blitzkreig
Yes this was done with the 346 gears, they work guys they really do, and my car bounces off the revlimiter at 6500 rpms then the motor pulls a stupid amountof timing and it takes over a second to shift, rrt will diagnose the problem and determine if it's the tcu if not then they will fix it, if it is then they will log numerous runs on and off the bottle to see, then send all 5he results to Rudy and he could adjust the shift points for my car my car needs to shift right at 6000 rpms no higher once it goes above that if freaks out also throwing my Afr's way off, while the car isn't shifting it's staying between 11.7 and 11.9 sometimes it crosses over 12.1 through 12.3 right before it shifts. So the car I'd still say isrunning on the rich side and leaving power on the table once this problem is fixed I might do a custom stall converter and stall to 3000 rpms and launch on nitrous aswell.
that sounds good ,, one way or another you/we will find a fix . jim

Old 04-10-2016, 11:32 AM

and this was done with a 3.46 rear gear set up,,,,and i have one 3.46 left for sale.

Chris, check with your tuner ,,see if he can up the rev limits,,, mine are 6700 and i shift out of 1 and second between 63 and 6500 just though of this. jim
If your car was set up to shift that high and the tcu that is in your car is in mine then that is most likely the problem, my cars rpm gage only goes up to 7000 shifting anywhere near that for me is dangerous and will cause my car to bounce off the revlimiter over and over during the run, causing me lots of time based off my 60ft and mph my car should be a 10.5 second car. But I have reason to believe it's the tcu, no big deal just get the Tcu back to Rudy and he can return it, if not then rrt will fix the problem i look forward to getting whatever is fixed fixed and get back out with the car.

Old 04-11-2016, 01:42 PM

I prefer Road Courses rather than Strips but you deserve congratulations on that one.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Montana Crossfire
I prefer Road Courses rather than Strips but you deserve congratulations on that one.
Thanks man! I'm going for 9s I don't plan on stopping until I get there

Old 04-13-2016, 07:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blitz- do you like the 3.46 gears? do you think they made your car faster? Just curious how the shorter gears do in a car with all that power. I would think the shorter gears would create more spinning at the tires with all the low end torque a supercharged engine puts out, especially with all the power yours is putting down.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by bbsrt6
Blitz- do you like the 3.46 gears? do you think they made your car faster? Just curious how the shorter gears do in a car with all that power. I would think the shorter gears would create more spinning at the tires with all the low end torque a supercharged engine puts out, especially with all the power yours is putting down.
I was worried at first but mickey thompson drag radials are the shiz I ran them on 18 psi they are only 255 8.5 inches wide but they hook and roll out, yes the gears made my car much faster, it would be running much faster if it hadn't done what it was doing my car is on stock suspension, all the way around I also spray the 100 shot right put of the hole, nothing has broken the car just digs in incredibly hard and launches. If I'm not spinning I know you wont, once I move to a 150 shot look for a 1.3 something 60ft and a 130+ trap speed

Old 04-13-2016, 10:56 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I am glad you are testing those gears. Hopefully have mine in by end of May. We will see what a stock motor will do. Stock meaning no spray...lol....
Those are amazing times.

Old 04-13-2016, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I am glad you are testing those gears. Hopefully have mine in by end of May. We will see what a stock motor will do. Stock meaning no spray...lol....
Those are amazing times.
I also have Robs headers I did the gears and headers together, I plan on trying a custom stall converter I'd do a 3000 stall with the 100 shot out of the hole, if my 60 ft is in the 1.3s and I have only a 127 trap my car could run a 10.2 I have seen slips backing this up and I'll test them off nos once the car gets fixed I'm also getting lighter front runners. What's all done to your car ?

Old 04-13-2016, 11:08 PM

Those are amazing times.
Thankyou btw trying to get a stock block and stock internals and stock transmission besides the converter into the low 10s or high 9s.

Old 04-13-2016, 11:19 PM

Well, we are on the same track. But I am fighting with NHRA for a class, no internal engine mods. I have modified manifolds from Rob that look stock, so I hope to slide those by. 62mm pulley from Rudy, modified y-pipe, dual Cai from Rob, need the rear end and tranny mod done next. I have ran the Wavetrac for sometime now, and that helped a lot. High 11 car before the gear, so we are hoping for mid 11's... I have a few tweeks here there, but I have to wait for a decision once I have it done from them. I may be able to run headers, but we have to wait on that as well. NHRA really doesn't know much about the car. But they are willing to look at it, and see where we go from there. I kept getting thrown to the wolves with turbos, and that wasn't going to work. I may stick to 1/8 mi tracks as well. Still plenty to do. I thought about a 3500 stall awhile back. I could run that legally. I think Bryan sold that one though. Keep pushing the limits. I want to know that rear end will hold up...lol
Clarify the Class. It will be a Stock Class, so I can't touch the internals. I can port and polish, do minor things, and reading thru the rule book, I think the CAI, will fly, as well as the manis, but we aren't mentioning those...

Last edited by oledoc2u; 04-13-2016 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:25 PM

Well, we are on the same track. But I am fighting with NHRA for a class, no internal engine mods. I have modified manifolds from Rob that look stock, so I hope to slide those by. 62mm pulley from Rudy, modified y-pipe, dual Cai from Rob, need the rear end and tranny mod done next. I have ran the Wavetrac for sometime now, and that helped a lot. High 11 car before the gear, so we are hoping for mid 11's... I have a few tweeks here there, but I have to wait for a decision once I have it done from them. I may be able to run headers, but we have to wait on that as well. NHRA really doesn't know much about the car. But they are willing to look at it, and see where we go from there. I kept getting thrown to the wolves with turbos, and that wasn't going to work. I may stick to 1/8 mi tracks as well. Still plenty to do. I thought about a 3500 stall awhile back. I could run that legally. I think Bryan sold that one though. Keep pushing the limits. I want to know that rear end will hold up...lol
I had my car in the 11s with the stock rear, heck it ran the 10.994 with the stock reer aswell, but I will see my over all improvement off nos aswell, I'm getting bottle warmers installed, I might pull the trigger on a built motor and sleeved block with a whipple blower upgrade along with an entire fuel system upgrade, nobody has given the 3.2 v6 enough love, so I figured why not push the envelope! Your car sounds fast, are you close to mir?

Old 04-13-2016, 11:29 PM

Clarify the Class. It will be a Stock Class, so I can't touch the internals. I can port and polish, do minor things, and reading thru the rule book, I think the CAI, will fly, as well as the manis, but we aren't mentioning those...
The rear will hold I guarentee that jim did great, but yeah the tech guys gave me a bunch of crap saying I need a cage, I was like I don't run time I don't know what the car will do! Besides it's a test and tune not a sanctioned event so I got to run.

Old 04-13-2016, 11:37 PM

I understand. 11.59 for coupes. They banned my roadster right away. 13.59 for roadsters lol. It's a 11.99 car, but we don't run it anymore. It's for cruisin'....

Old 04-14-2016, 10:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice! I'm interested to find out how the gears do in a street car on street tires with a full bolt on engine. I feel like the 3.07 gears hold the car back from its full potential. I don't know why Mercedes insists on using long gears on its amg cars, perhaps it's for autobahn cruising. I think the newer slk55's and c63's have gears in the 2's. At least someone has found an upgrade option for us.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by bbsrt6
very nice! I'm interested to find out how the gears do in a street car on street tires with a full bolt on engine. I feel like the 3.07 gears hold the car back from its full potential. I don't know why Mercedes insists on using long gears on its amg cars, perhaps it's for autobahn cruising. I think the newer slk55's and c63's have gears in the 2's. At least someone has found an upgrade option for us.
I think a 373 gear could work if your just going for better quartmile times, but a larger displacement Supercharger should have been oneof the first things that was done, it would work, just revamp the entire fuel system and get the ecu right for it.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:29 AM
Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Blitzkreig
The rear will hold I guarentee that jim did great, but yeah the tech guys gave me a bunch of crap saying I need a cage, I was like I don't run time I don't know what the car will do! Besides it's a test and tune not a sanctioned event so I got to run.
sign it in as a 2008 as the rules say cars made 2008 and after do not need roll cage,, otherwise the cst-v and gtr's could not run. and the tracks do not want to loose all that money.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:32 AM

sign it in as a 2008 as the rules say cars made 2008 and after do not need roll cage,, otherwise the cst-v and gtr's could not run. and the tracks do not want to loose all that money.
Great point Jim, however the stock gtr’s aren't that fast, considering just how much you'll spend for one, the ctsv s are pretty quick, but most of those are scared to run a lil v6 crossfire. I'll put it in as an 2008 for now on.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:37 AM

I have a couple questions if you don't mind since this is my next route

Are you spraying through the shifts?

Are you spraying out of the hole?

Old 04-22-2016, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by TexasSRT
I have a couple questions if you don't mind since this is my next route

Are you spraying through the shifts?

Are you spraying out of the hole?
It's an auto so yes I am, trans showing no signs of wear as of yet and yes right out of the hole but I'm getting bottle warmers installed aswell

Quick Reply: 10.99et